It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the highest limits of Hunter/Gatherer society? Atlantis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Do you consider "fishing" to be hunting? A settlement next to the ocean or very large lake has an endless supply of food, right? Without special precautions that everyone would need to follow an animal population would be wiped out rather quickly.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

The root concepts are nearly identical, only the manifested images are different. Where your potential threats are black bears, mine could be reckless drivers. Where your threat is other tribes, mine could be criminals.

I think you might be underestimating your tribes knowledge of their environment. With proper respect for their knowledge, their environment is only an image away from being a grocery store.

To those with understanding of their environment, nature is organized shelves of food.

You might be letting the images get in the way of your ability to understand the concepts. See the concepts, not the images.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

FreeMason
I disagree, one hunted Elk today can feed a person for a whole year and that's just the flesh, excluding organs and marrow...

Horsehockey.

Are you gonna claim that you can give one full day's worth of food to 365 people, all taken from a single elk?

What about the next day?

Harte

new topics

<< 1   >>

join