It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Huge Creature "The Real Cthulhu" Attacks ROV In The Gulf Of Mexico!" Experts might want to look

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tidnabnilims

We all know ,we got it, you dont believe it, time to move on to your next task , do not hijack my thread . Thank you. I will continue to work on this .The measurements between the nostrils in multiple frames as well as the eyes are the same distance and all move together.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

Discussing what I think it is is not hijacking the thread, unless you only want to hear your own opinion fed back to you.

I think it is pareidolia, or at the very most a cuttlefish with a lop-sided head (they can do that if they want)

You still have not addressed why you think the head is 20ft tall or any other questions.

It also requires symmetry on the plane, not just distance between 2 points. There is no symmetry on the plane.
edit on 13-10-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: Because I can

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Sure that is a much better response thank you. I have no idea what or where it is all i know is there is something there. The rover appears to be smaller than it but you sound like you know your stuff so ,yes It could be a cuddlefish up close?? It defenitly has that appearance . There are varying shades that round the sides of the shape as well. Like I said I did not embellish this drawing besides put in the nostrils where they appeared most often through the frames. Pull the stills and do the outlining and this is what appears. Thank you for your information and time.
edit on 13-10-2013 by dntwastetime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

I think that the stills do not help in this instance especially when manipulated, it is the movement, or lack thereof, in the video that gives more information than any stills can.

Cuttlefish are very inquisitive and intelligent and can change colour, shape, and texture in a myriad of different ways. Personally I think you will have more fun checking them out, than this, they are very interesting animals.

So is the mimic octopus.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
OP said, "This is one of the most amazing things I have seen in my 37 years here on this planet for sure."

I'm going to have to disagree.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I am sure we all have been attacked by the Cthulhu of pareidolia at one time or another, but I really fail to see this one at all. Sometimes, I can see it without it being pointed out those are the better cases of pareidolia, this one however... I can't even see it when it's being pointed out, I just see random matter passing by being lit up, in a cloudy plume haze.

I had hoped to see what has been known to stop nuclear subs in its tracks or bump them hard out of nowhere... even blue whales cannot have that effect on them. I didn't expect it coming in though, so when I saw a cloud plume with random lit up particles no disappointment took place.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Ok, that guy narrating sounds higher than a mother fu$!/&...

I saw what appeared to be a shark at about the 5 minute mark.. Then what looked like to me an even larger shark (mako by the teeth) at about 7:45.. After that I think pareidolia took over for me and I started seeing all kinds of crap..

Anyways the short answer for me is a shark... I truly wanted to see something more but it wasn't happening...

I find it disconcerting how he said these microbes are aggressive and search out carbon food sources.. Reminded me of a sci fi book I read that had nano bots that devoured all life and left a grey goo behind....

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

Possibly 'Engines of Creation' ?

But..

An alternative pink goo scenario is the end of the world in the Jasper Fforde novel Lost in a Good Book, where a nanotechnology 'Dream Topping making machine' turns all matter on earth into a pink dessert similar to Angel Delight. The Dream Topping is taken back in time to the beginning of earth, where it supplies the organic nutrients needed to create life.

I'm gonna hunt that down and read it I think, sounds much more humorous.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

dntwastetime
I did not want to do too much artistic expression here so I airbrushed only the darkened areas of the photo and the outline. This still can possibly give someone a better idea what could be going on here. This shape holds its form while it moves ,what it is I have no idea ,but something weird is for sure happening that also could be a play of light as well . You decide for yourself.

Honestly, I see what you saw. I don't think there is enough definition to the video to make out if that is an illusion or an entity of any sort. The audio of the gentleman talking before being whisked was clearly taken out of context during the video, so I'd assume it's nothing. People do things like that to give an impression the the video that otherwise wouldn't be there. If you would have watched the video without hearing the exerts you'd probably have never caught the illusion.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

BigBrotherDarkness
I am sure we all have been attacked by the Cthulhu of pareidolia at one time or another, but I really fail to see this one at all. Sometimes, I can see it without it being pointed out those are the better cases of pareidolia, this one however... I can't even see it when it's being pointed out, I just see random matter passing by being lit up, in a cloudy plume haze.

I had hoped to see what has been known to stop nuclear subs in its tracks or bump them hard out of nowhere... even blue whales cannot have that effect on them. I didn't expect it coming in though, so when I saw a cloud plume with random lit up particles no disappointment took place.

I really dislike your icon.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

dntwastetime

We all know ,we got it, you dont believe it, time to move on to your next task , do not hijack my thread . Thank you. I will continue to work on this .The measurements between the nostrils in multiple frames as well as the eyes are the same distance and all move together.

That you are so adamant that this is a mythical beast from the deepest darkest oceans, and it's attacking a ROV.. thats why it has 111 thumbs up. That no one wants to spend 10 minutes watching a ROV (we all did far too much of that during the BP fiasco) is why it has 25 thumbs down.

You're not alone. Others are as easily bewildered by the unknown.. unknown to them.

It's actually why we still have so many inexplicable things. People will go with whatever they believe, contrary to the facts.. either as offered as truth, or as determined by simple logic.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

supermarket2012
OP said, "This is one of the most amazing things I have seen in my 37 years here on this planet for sure."

What else has he seen that has been amazing?

He might be 100% correct, but that is still not evidence of this being a sea monster.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I don't know if this helps, but I've added a simple dragon-head animation onto the original screen shot, to hopefully try and highlight what I suspect the OP is trying to draw our attention to, (it's from a point near the start of the video).

btw - I'm not for a minute saying that I agree or disagree!!!
(I'm just trying to help show what I think they are seeing... for those who can't see it at all! if that makes sense?)

www.youtube.com...

(Sorry, tried to embed the vid but couldn't get it working??)

regards
GTD

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Thank you.
Now I have seen the monster.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

BigBrotherDarkness

I could stand to hear a bit more about that.

My googlefu is not strong today. Couldn't find anything relevant.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

winofiend

supermarket2012

What else has he seen that has been amazing?

He might be 100% correct, but that is still not evidence of this being a sea monster.

I don't know, but heck, even a fine pair of .......*ahem*, well, certainly the man has to have seen some at least half way amazing "things" in his life, right?

Anyway, like others, I didn't see anything in this video either.

Someone already mentioned it, I think it is a case of pareidolia.

Just my own two cents, obviously I could be wrong

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

Care to fill us in on what it is that can do that to a nuclear submarine?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Thorneblood
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

Sorry..answer in next post
edit on 16-10-2013 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I think he was saying that at this point, no one knows. These encounters are probably extremely rare.
I'm sure we wouldn't hear much about them anyway. There was an episode in the 80s where something bumped a 600 foot-long Soviet Typhoon-class sub, and almost spun it around. Blue whales max out at 100 feet in length. What the hell could do this?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
In lieu of answers (submarine thing), I'm afraid my mind was left to speculate. Giant undersea fungal eruption, Godzilla/Cthulhu/Revelations Dragon/Tiamat/Leviathan (hey, that's like...A Thing), thermal vent, ice, USO craft, a new island forming,... Whatever, I could go on because facts make parameters that aren't there yet.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join