It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Sabbath Live...Santa Monica 1975

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm was a massive Black Sabbath fan , well up to the time Ozzy was sacked then it wasn't Black Sabbath in my opinion ... anyway just came across this 6 song set from the boys that I've never seen before , it was uploaded June this year.

This is the Sabbath I know and remember and they rocked , if you're into Black Sabbath give it a watch and soak up the awesomeness that was Black Sabbath .... check out the snow in Snowblind

1. Intro
2. Killing Yourself To Live
3. Hole In The Sky
4. Snowblind
5. War Pigs
6. Paranoid

I can almost taste the Seventies .

edit on 13-10-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Ahh, yes, Sabbath was my first concert. The no longer in existence Capital Center in Largo, MD I think in '73. That was a general admission concert, just a sort of free-for-all with Frisbees flying and smoke so thick you almost couldn't see the stage. It was a really eye-opening experience for a 15 year old boy.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I first saw Sabbath in 1969 at my local Technical College in Birmingham. At that time they were an unknown local Birmingham band.
Never did i realise when i saw them in 1969at such a small venue that they would become such a huge act.
Birmingham gave birth to Heavy Metal. Judas Priest , Napalm Death and Led Zeppelin's John Bonham and Robert Plant all coming from the same area.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

So what was the show like?

I saw them in Dallas in 2004.. they still had it. Ozzy just kind of shuffled around stage but they sounded exactly like their early recordings.

edit on 10/13/2013 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thanks for posting this dude. I have always been a big Sabbath fan since seeing the video for Sabbath Bloody Sabbath as a very young kid. I saw them in Sydney in about 1980 at the Capital Theatre supported by Rose Tattoo. Dio was the singer then, with Vinnie Appice the drummer. I saw them again in April this year in Sydney again with my kids. Great night! Don't know if I have seen this video before thanks heaps.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I was too young in the '70's, unfortunately for me. In the middle of my high school years, 1984, on my way to see the crappy movie Dune, I stopped at Tower records and picked up Heaven And Hell and was blown away. I had heard BS and Paranoid(the albums) and was familiar with Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, the hits album, but it never clicked with me the way the Dio albums did. I had even seen them with Ian Gillan in '83 and probably enjoyed that album more than any of the Ozzy albums as I remember listening to that one a bunch back then.

I almost wish I had been a little older so I could have been there in the '70's for some of my favorite music(Deep Purple, Rainbow) but that would just make me older now and that closer to death, so I guess that's a fair trade off. Sort of. Maybe not. I'm too young to have ever seen a real DP or Rainbow show and that really sucks.

If you don't have it, get the Past Lives set, it's the best Ozzy era live BS I've heard. They were cool but there's just something about Dio that I love that no one else had. I'll check out the video later when I have time. Hopefully it doesn't sound like crud as many videos do.

For some interesting reading if you have the time, here's a thread from a old dude that never got into Sabbath. He started recently and it's a fun read. www.progressiveears.org...

top topics

join