It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine Teens missing from New Mexico youth ranch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Ok so i found this...sad obviously
CNN

Authorities searched early Saturday for nine teens they say were abducted from a New Mexico ranch for troubled youth.
New Mexico State Police issued an Amber Alert despite the fact that an attorney for the ranch director said Friday that all the teens were safe.
The incident started Friday when state police investigators went to the Tierra Blanca Youth Ranch to execute a search warrant and investigate claims of abuse, authorities said.

then i noticed this

Pete Domenici, Chandler's attorney, said the teens had just gone on a trip and nothing was wrong.

Pete Domenici
and wondered if this was the same Pete Domenici that served six terms as a U.S Senator?
If so, and this guy was important, why he is defending what could be a case of heavy abuse and possible kidnapping?

then i saw this and wondered if it could be true?
Source

The operators of the ranch, Scott and Collette Chandler, deny any children have been harmed. And they filed a lawsuit earlier this week accusing investigators of targeting the ranch for closure following a fatal car crash involving students.

The operators also claimed investigators have been illegally interviewing students and telling parents to pull their children from the program by Friday or face abuse charges. Their lawsuit said at least one family was contacted directly by Gov. Susana Martinez, a claim her office denies.

Anyway, this is where these kids were staying at...
Tierra Blanca Ranch

The Tierra Blanca Ranch is a 30,000-acre working cattle operation situated in New Mexico's Black Range. For almost 20 years, this beautiful and historic ranch has been the setting of Chandler family efforts to work with troubled and at-risk youths. These endeavors were a principal motivation for the founding of the High Country Youth Program.

The Tierra Blanca Ranch has a fascinating past. The Blackrange was the home for the talented and artistic Mimbres Indians whose ruins are still a significant part of the landscape. The Apaches, led by Victorio and Geronimo called this area home.

Eventually, gold and silver led many to mine the precious metals from many mines located on the ranch. The remnants of the Tierra Blanca mining district are still visible. The H.Q. where Mr. and Mrs. Clyde Chandler currently live was built back in the 1880s. The H.Q. was the nerve center for the Sierra Land and Cattle Co. which spanned from Hillsboro near the AZ border.

edit on 12-10-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Sobering.

May they be found ASAP and in good shape.

Doesn't sound like a UFO abduction, though.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
my first thought is, these "troubled youth" from said troubled youth camp, just ran away on a self made field trip for some shenanigans. and they returned or was found and brought back by the camp staff.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

The director took them on the trip, they are looking for him too. It is their attorney, Pete Domenici, that is answering for the facility right now. It's the lawyer i wonder about, is he the Senator or a relation?
Is the story about the Governor's office true?
If both are true, and being covered up, then why are they so invested in the welfare of a Cattle ranch for at-risk youth?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I don't understand why they would say all the teens are safe. When clearly they are missing.
Sounds like they know something, and/or are trying to cover something up.

Sounds very fishy to me.

I hope they find them, and the teens will be okay.
Could it be human trafficking maybe?
Have there actually been any ufo sightings there lately ?
edit on 12/10/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Eventually, gold and silver led many to mine the precious metals from many mines located on the ranch.
I think there is something *SECRET there..i dont know thus teen maybe find something that very restricted..
Hope they okay, and keep us update sir..tq so much
SnF

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Rainbowresidue

I don't understand why they would say all the teens are safe. When clearly they are missing.
Sounds like they know something, and/or are trying to cover something up.

Sounds very fishy to me.

I hope they find them, and the teens will be okay.
Could it be human trafficking maybe?
Have there actually been any ufo sightings there lately ?
edit on 12/10/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

"This is still an active investigation," said Sgt. Emmanuel Gutierrez of the New Mexico State Police. "We have not visually seen these kids to confirm their whereabouts, which is why the Amber Alert remains active."

Yes i agree they lie to the police..screw

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

I don't know about UFO's...but it is New Mexico.
It is interesting though that the Black Range mountain where this youth camp is located is also known as the "Devil's Mountain" or "SIerra Diablo"
Must be pretty wicked to get two evil names eh?
Black Range Mts

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Something just doesn't seem right about that.

I hate to think what really could be going on.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I dunno...youth ranches aren't really much fun.
Maybe they just ran away.

Either way, further observation can't hurt. I just hope they're okay.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Id almost bet this is a smear job.......
There is something fishy going on, but behind the scenes some other evil plot is being enacted by those who have some other agenda.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Thorneblood
reply to post by Bisman

The director took them on the trip, they are looking for him too. It is their attorney, Pete Domenici, that is answering for the facility right now. It's the lawyer i wonder about, is he the Senator or a relation?
Is the story about the Governor's office true?
If both are true, and being covered up, then why are they so invested in the welfare of a Cattle ranch for at-risk youth?

"The Franklin Cover-Up" comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I've worked at these places: teens run away and yes...there are both good and bad staff people - most are good. It sounds like a tiny place (9 kids by the sounds of it since officer said he showed up to investigate report and they were all gone). In that case these allegations become more troublesome since your dealing with something that can be hidden more easily (if only 2 staff people versus 80). If kids are with parents shouldn't be hard to call off amber alert and begin investigation.

The story that got me is the one linked to this one - where they were unearthing burried bodies at a boys home in Florida. How can this be possible? Did some people just forget to collect their children and that was the end of story? If there by the state did they just drop off their system mysteriously?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Johnny Gosch anybody???

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

My thoughts exactly!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

cheesy
Eventually, gold and silver led many to mine the precious metals from many mines located on the ranch.
I think there is something *SECRET there..i dont know thus teen maybe find something that very restricted..
Hope they okay, and keep us update sir..tq so much
SnF
Are you implying "Slave Labor"? If so it seems very possible.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

stirling
Id almost bet this is a smear job.......
There is something fishy going on, but behind the scenes some other evil plot is being enacted by those who have some other agenda.

That was my first thought as well, millions perhaps billions in mineral wealth on land occupied by a ranch for troubled teens? Ready made for a conspiracy - abduct some kids - accuse the ranch of abuse or neglect and let the bank foreclosure process or government asset seizure take care of the rest.
The truth about this is going to be very hard to discern.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Siding with you ATA.

There's a lot to grab, and it's not so hard to grab it.

They will work harder, to snatch a lot less, in city land-grabs, depending on location.

With 30,000 acres, and just a nudge of scandal, well, away we go.

This sort of story does self perpetuate, because it could be-come anything.

# 69
edit on 12-10-2013 by TheWhiteKnight because: be

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Makes me wonder why the state is going into this so gun ho. Sounds like a smear campaign like one of the posters stated above.

www.foxnews.com...

Yeah I know...fox news...but eh it sounds like the state is deliberately blowing this out of the water. Why hasn't the returned youth been questioned? Why aren't we hearing his side of story?

One interesting detail in the above link is that the program was "unlicensed".

Who wants to bet that they are going after this ranch for failure to turn itself into a state propaganda get away?

So it's ok for the state to shackle kids and place them in solitary confinement(psychological torture) but this ranch supposedly only shackling them is abuse?

LOL

To add: The state will be introducing a bill to regulate those type of operations. Seems the motive has been found. If they don't create a "demand" for such a bill it is harder to get it passed. By turning this operation into criminals they have now "proved" the need for such a bill. Motive explained. State is full of bs.
edit on 12-10-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

That very well may be case...this is the attorney.
Domenici Law

Pete has been practicing law since 1986.

Pete’s professional experience includes acting as lead counsel in Administrative, State and Federal court matters; water rights adjudications in the Mimbres and Gila rivers; NMED RCRA permits and permit modification involving WIPP and Triassic Park; NMED groundwater discharge, solid waste and other permis; numerous State and Federal compliance orders and enforcement actions; CWA, ESA, NEPA and CERLA litigation; numerous Federal and State court complex litigation cases; land grant and real property litigation; and advising clients on water rights and environmental and natural resource project development strategies.

Pete has been listed in Best Lawyers in America for fifteen years running and has been listed in Super Lawyers Magazine in the 2013 Southwest Super Lawyers for Top 25 Lawyers in New Mexico.

He is the Senator's son, and he also ran for Governor back in 2010.

<<   2 >>

join