It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'

page: 39
<< 36  37  38   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
C'mon man.

Jesus is the most documented person in History.

You can question his story.....but he certainly wasn't made up.

No, he is not the most documented person in history. There are a few scant sources from around or after his lifetime, such as Josephus or the New Testament itself.

2000 years of religious people writing ABOUT Jesus after the fact does not constitute "documentation." Those are secondary sources based on the myths and scant primary sources.

Second, there are countless more people in history that have far more first-person or primary source documentation, such as let's say famous politicians or figures from the last 300 years. I assure you that there are probably far more primary and first-hand sources of people like Napoleon or George Bush than there are of Jesus.

Third, as many have pointed out, he probably did exist. That has nothing to do with whether the claims of evangelical or fundamentalist Christians are true, such as heaven/hell/original sin/salvation through Jesus only, etc.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Appreciate the reply.

Sorry, I quit arguing religion on ATS.

Have a great weekend.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Appreciate the reply.

Sorry, I quit arguing religion on ATS.

Have a great weekend.

You are welcome, and thank you for yours.

Although, I think that in general if someone makes a claim that may or may not be controversial, especially on a discussion forum, they should be ready to discuss it, not say they won't argue if someone provides a response or rebuttal. It's a dialogue, not a monologue.

<< 36  37  38   >>

join