It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf states to introduce medical testing on travellers to 'detect' gay people and stop them from e

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
--Gulf states to introduce medical testing on travellers to 'detect' gay people and stop them from entering the country--

To clarify; the *Gulf* refers to the Persian Gulf, not the Gulf of Mexico

It seems a few Arab States want to bar homosexuals from entering their nations.

Very backwards, yet they claim to have some kind of 'medical' technique.

Maybe it's just a 'scare' tactic ?

Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia and the UAE already outlaw homosexuality, but are toughening their controversial stance

Kuwait's director of public health says 'gays will be barred'

A medical test being developed by Kuwait will be used to 'detect' homosexuals and prevent them from entering the country – or any of the Gulf Cooperation Countries (GCC), according to a Kuwaiti government official.

GCC member countries – Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates – already deem homosexual acts unlawful.

This controversial stance is being toughened, with members of the LGBT community stopped at the border and banned from entering the country, according to Yousouf Mindkar, the director of public health at the Kuwaiti health ministry.

Gulf states to introduce medical testing on travellers to 'detect' gay people and stop them from entering the country

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Awww, come on, I was hoping for a firestorm!!!!

Not the Gulf of Mexico????

COME ON!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hmm.... I guess I'll never be visiting the Persian Gulf.

Such ridiculous discrimination these days.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

How do you test for homosexuality?

that is a genuine question

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

So , Gaydar Really Exists ? ...Dammn ! ......

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
But if a device were invented that could actually medically detect homosexuality, wouldn't that prove it's a completely biological process with no choice involved?

Hmm.

LOL Not that I'm behind this (it's pretty darn absurd) but that might end the debate.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

Seems like the gulf states have a higher degree of technology then the west ..who would have thunkin .

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

hknudzkknexnt

How do you test for homosexuality?

that is a genuine question

Beats me.

I'm sure somebody will explain soon enough.....

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
wouldn't medical proof of being gay kind of also prove that its natural?...
I mean I thought being gay was supposed to be our evil minds making bad decisions. you couldn't medically test for being a sinner could you?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
There are more gays in the gulf states then all Europe.

edit on 7-10-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
They look for Gayons. If they are entangled then bingo.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What are they going to do, turn on Lifetime & see which men actually watch it?

No, really, I want to know what their "method" is, this might be funnier than we think.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Wow...

It’s illegal to be gay in 78 countries, with lesbianism banned in 49. Five countries mete out the death penalty to gay people – Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Yemen and Mauritania.
(Op Link)

I knew some countries were quite hostile and some were actually illegal. I didn't know it was approaching 50% of the nations of the world that outlaw it directly. Sounds like a hostile world for Gay people. At least in those 78 nations.

Now about this Gay test... Umm.... Okay.... Someone has to explain that to me. I can think of ONE test that would actually work, but there is no way they are running all the people, equipment and time to test everyone with a brain scan during a slideshow of images.

Outside of that 100% perceptual test? Just what medical miracle to they imagine they came up with to actually test with such certainty as to turn someone away at an international frontier? That's some nifty tech there. Bigotry by Test. Indeed...... A guy with a funny mustache from long ago must be proud ..looking up from his little patch in a real hot place.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
why didn't you put Persian Gulf in Title? or countries, instead of saying states?
misleading , and I bet you wanted to have it that way.
anyway most of these countries could care less about human rights , so not surprised they don't care for gays.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Nyiah
What are they going to do, turn on Lifetime & see which men actually watch it?

No, really, I want to know what their "method" is, this might be funnier than we think.

something similar perhaps,
a combination brainwave scanner/polygraph
then have them look at some gay-pr0n

wrong reactions and you're barred

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So there is a medical test to tell if you are gay?

Hmmmm. I suppose they parade a naked woman in front of you and see if your sensor pops up. Technically that could be classified as a medical test.

So, I'm not gay but have no interest in ever visiting those countries. So now I guess some will say I am gay since I am never going there. Maybe they want to improve their tourist business by having straight people think they have to go there to prove they are straight.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

If they use some of what I've seen those folks call attractive women? I'm afraid I might flunk the gay test by that measure ...with my wife and kid with me, even. Err... Couldn't be that. Beauty is in the eye of ..well, them alone in some cases. lol

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

This will totally work. Not.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

matted
why didn't you put Persian Gulf in Title? or countries, instead of saying states?
misleading , and I bet you wanted to have it that way.
anyway most of these countries could care less about human rights , so not surprised they don't care for gays.

Well the story and Title is from a U.K. publication.

Maybe *they* wanted to create the sensationalism ?

I suppose you could ask the author.

" " and I bet you wanted to have it that way " "

^^ what *possible* purpose would *THAT* serve ?????

Hmmm.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I find this funny. I've been to many of these countries. What about the people who are actually from there? Are they going to deport their own people. That's sad. They have gay Arabs too, in fact I saw some very obvious gay men in UAE and they looked Emirate. In fact I've seen more there than any other country, though other countries have gay bars, but I've never been.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join