It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elvis on ATS: May we proceed with research threads on Elvis?

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
These are the areas of Elvis research that I was genuinely interesting in digging deeper on. I am posting this, openly, in the Research Forum, for your comments and suggests. I had posted some things in my main Nixon's Apollo: Howard Hughes thread which had to do tangentially with relationships & connections between HH and EP.

But now I am worried about crossing a line the invisible line with Elvis research, and since this is the Research Forum, I am asking for opinions from fellow Scholars on this.

These are the areas that I was looking at.
1. Elvis and his airplane, a Convair 880 purchased in 1975. Howard Hughes was intimately involved with the production of the Convair 880's..

It's a small production, high class jet, Elvis ended up with one. Howard Hughes' scandalous mistress Terri Moore bought more than 20 of them for less than $4 million dollars.

2. Elvis 1968 comeback, coincidental with Richard Nixon's 1968 comeback. This could go deep into the analysis of film music politics assassinations the beatles and Apollo 8. Lot's has already been written but I think ATS could get a real good spin on this... and as a research thread... facts will be taken at face value. And the readers always decide.

3. Elvis Doubles : Published evidence only! Elvis did in fact star in a Hollywood film called "Double Trouble" and his record company did release an album called "Double Dynamite".

I believe we have some great researchers who could offer some smashing info on the investigation of Elvis Doubles. Research threads are already restricted from outside post.... I am confident that a smart team of ATS researchers, I believe, could do something outstanding with a new Elvis narrative.

You know, author Mark Feeney published the analysis of "Nixon at the Movie" and it was layers and layers of sources from books. Feeney makes good connections and that is considered research. We should have that here on ATS.

If not, ATS? Then where else?

4. Elvis message songs. This could be big. In live recordings -in between songs- Elvis had a goofy sense of humor. Or was it a black, gallows humor, or a spiritually inclined sense of humor??? Was he giving us hints of a narrative that he had been trying to portray, a story about his life, maybe a spiritual direction, or a movie script including secret missions? Could he have predicted his own death or disappearance?

5. Cotnergate, anything resembling Cotnergate, will not be tolerated.

Also, looking for comrades in the above research efforts.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
What would Elvis say about this thread?

He did a song called "It's Impossible" recorded 02-16-1972.

And another song titled "The Impossible Dream" also recorded 02-16-1972.

Both which can be found on the same record "Burning Love"
edit on 10/7/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Anybody interested in this area of Elvis research please PM me and maybe we open up some Elvis threads in the Skunk Works.

There are some neat connections between Elvis and Richard Nixon. We all know the December 21, 1970 meeting wasn't made public until Nixon puppet Bud Krogh tipped off newspaperman Jack Anderson, in a document dated January 27, 1972. Back in the days of the Nixon White House they called this "guidance".

Elvis wrote his letter on American Airlines letterhead and signed it while Richard Nixon had his office secretary stamp his response letter to Elvis.

Take a look at the movies Nixon was screening in December 1970/January 1971. Mississippi (1935).

edit on 10/8/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: fixed the graphic

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Mark Feeney, author of "Nixon at the Movies" wrote an entire chapter on the Presley/Nixon meeting at the White House on December 21, 1970. His book chapter is titled 8 "Suspicious Minds".

Richard Nixon screened "Mississippi" (1935) on Elvis Presley's birthday, January 8, 1971. That's about 2 weeks after Elvis met Nixon at the White House.

I can't imagine how Feeney could miss this connection! His book is just an amazing collection of connections from published sources!!! Mark Feeney, author "Nixon at the Movies" made only a single reference about the movie "Mississippi" (1935) and it comes on page 281 of his book of the same name, and it's NOT in the chapter 8 which is all about Elvis.

This thread is also great example of how we must always provide sources for our arguments but to ALSO we must criticize our own sources so that when we rely on them (I rely heavily on Feeney's indexes in his book)...

Our sources will stand up to the scrutiny required to form the basis of alternate historical narratives. I hope that I didn't lose the audience. I know there are people on ATS who want to explore Elvis historical narrative and at the same time avoid crossing the line of ATS rules.

So if those ATS people are out there let me know in a PM and I'll be glad to organize a Skunk Works thread or a Research Forum thread which allows ATS to explore the Elvis Narrative without breaking the ATS rules.

At this point if you are still reading I hope you are listening to some real Elvis records right now. I just picked up the Aloha TV special via Satellite double-LP in gatefold sleeves at a used record store. Price? $4.99. Yes, it's real vinyl. The condition of the vinyl is well used.. the gatefold package is also well worn. I don't even have a record player. I just wanted to have this artifact in my collection!!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

ELVIS on ATS

"Elvis" is Elvis Presley's self-titled 1973 album. Elvis #2 track on that album was called "Where do we go from here?".

That song is also featured on "Burning Love" as track #14.
en.wikipedia.org...

So, I ask you ATS, Where do we go from here?

Can you handle an Elvis thread on ATS without self destructing it?

It is appropriate to post a link to ELVIS singing Where do we go from here?.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Elvis sings,

Go back to a place where I can figure all the odds
Have a fighting chance to lose the blues
And win my share of bets

Howard Hughes owns Las Vegas and Richard Nixon is a gambler. Colonel Tom Parker, Presley's agent for so many years, was also gambler and according to certain sources lost $1.5 million dollars one night in Las Vegas.

edit on 10/10/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: add anecdote about gambling

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The next questions I will be asking in this thread are like:
Where was Elvis at the time of during the Apollo missions?
Where was Nixon at the time during the Apollo missions?

Well, Apollo 11, is a good place to start. That's the same weekend that Mary Jo Kopechne was murdered and Nixon talked to the astronauts on the Moon.

One week after the Apollo 11 splashdown Elvis started his first engagement at the Las Vegas International Hotel owned by Kirk Kerkorian. en.wikipedia.org...

Apollo 11 Splashdown July 24, 1969
Elvis Presley Las Vegas, 56 shows, 31 Jul-28 Aug

Elvis made goofy jokes on his live recordings that he, Elvis, would like to be in a craps game with Kirk Kerkorian and Howard Hughes. And Elvis associated himself with being a weirdo like Kerkorian and Hughes.

Elvis also made goofy remarks about death, dying, his death, his assassin, constantly. When I looked at the Elvis material, very superficially, it is kind of obvious that Elvis has a sense of humor that borders on insanity. Several instances can be shown that Elvis refers to himself as 'insane' and 'out of my mind'.

edit on 10/10/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Elvis was in Las Vegas during the Apollo 14 mission.

Apollo 14 Launch January 31, 1971
Apollo 14 lunar Landing February 5, 1971
Apollo 14 lunar Liftoff February 6, 1971
Apollo 14 Splashdown February 9, 1971
Elvis Presley Las Vegas, 26 Jan-23 Feb.

Nixon was screening the following films in these locations:
Spartacus (Trumbo) 1/29 Caneel Bay Plantation, St. John, Virgin Islands
High Society 1/30 Caneel Bay Plantation, St. John, Virgin Islands
The Iron Petticoat 1/31 Caneel Bay Plantation, St. John, Virgin Islands
Dr. Day Revisited and A Man Named Lombardi 2/6 Camp David, Maryland
Four W. C. Fields shorts 2/11 Key Biscayne, Florida
The Great Chase 2/12 Robert Abplanalp's Grand Cay, Bahamas home

lyrics to Elvis Presley's "The Impossible Dream"

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
To be better far than you are
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest, to follow that star
No matter how hopeless,
No matter how far
To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into hell
For a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star

Read more: Elvis Presley - The Impossible Dream Lyrics | MetroLyrics corrected by SJ.

edit on 10/11/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: correct metrolyrics

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Follow That Dream

Hello I am SayonaraJupiter. I would like to work with fellow ATS researchers who are interested in looking at the phenomenon of Elvis (1954-1977) juxtaposed with the phenomenon of the (1958-1973) Apollo program and Richard Nixon, vice president from 1953-1961 and president of the USA from 1969-1974.

Mainstream historians can only go so far. But conspiracy theorists can go farther. Anybody with me?

Send me a PM. Follow that dream...

edit on 12/11/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join