It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newtown votes to demolish Sandy Hook School, rebuild on same site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Newtown, Conn., residents have voted to move ahead with the plan to demolish of Sandy Hook Elementary School and build a new one at the site of one of the worst school massacres in U.S. history.

Newtown votes to demolish Sandy Hook School, rebuild on same site

You heard it right folks, sorry for the source being yahoo but what-can-ya-do.

"more than 88 percent of 5,062 residents that cast ballots in Saturday's referendum voted in favor to accept a $50 million grant from the state for the rebuilding plan." 50million for a school? pardon me? that is absurd on all levels not even taking into consideration the sad economical state of affairs going on in the world & america in general yet we can allocate 50mil to bulldoze the lies and misinformation that is Sandy Hook?

I'm still waiting on an "offical story" or any sort of information regarding this incident as promised to us months ago by said investigators.

thoughts?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
50 mill is a LOT of persuasion!

My guess is they'll build something fantastic, then move the kids to another school and sell the building for an even larger sum. Thats the way it usually goes in the uk.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Wow. Things're just getting crazier. We can't deal with the memory? so we raze it and rebuild, even if symbolic, and costing how many millions of dollars??? Let's raze the world trade centers (oh!), let's raze Columbine, Virginia Tech, the Navy yard, etc. Let's just start the F over whenever ANYTHING bad happens. My god this stuff just gets stupidly worse.

Ridiculous.

All that money for a bunch of BS that is mostly symbolic, both in the physical aspect (the building) and emotionally (a new start).

This country just keeps getting crazier exponentially.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This doesn't really surprise me. I'm not sure how i feel about Sandy Hook but I know if I was a parent of children attending that school, I'd be less than thrilled to have them walking into the same school every day and being reminded of the day that several school mates died. Doesn't seem very healthy...

The price does seem kinda steep, seems to me that 50 million could easily rebuild a big highschool like Columbine. Let alone a tiny elementary school...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkYouSpeak

$50 million ?
that's a lot of hush money.

is the investigation closed that the crime scene and any evidence is being destroyed?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
gotta destroy the evidence quickly...

make sure no unwanted future reports can be collaborated with evidence

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

TheMainEvent
This doesn't really surprise me. I'm not sure how i feel about Sandy Hook but I know if I was a parent of children attending that school, I'd be less than thrilled to have them walking into the same school every day and being reminded of the day that several school mates died. Doesn't seem very healthy...

The price does seem kinda steep, seems to me that 50 million could easily rebuild a big highschool like Columbine. Let alone a tiny elementary school...

in all seriousness i'm not a engineer but you could probably build 50 elementary schools for that price.
i'd be surprised if my old one cost more than 350k. i do feel like it would be unacceptable to make them attend the same school but that doesn't mean drop 50mil on a revamp, people/parents/govt do have to understand and accept the fact that violent things happen (not just in those super cool hollywood movies mind you) but also in real life and that you can't shelter children from reality forever some day they have to deal with life head on

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

TheMainEvent

IMO its more healthy to deal with it rather than pretending it never happened. Avoidance of reality is pretty much the prescription for everything these days and we wonder why tragedies keep repeating themselves.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I agree. Most of the kids that attend the current school will be long gone before construction is completed.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't wan't to derail my own thread but...did columbine ever get bulldozed?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

ThinkYouSpeak
I don't wan't to derail my own thread but...did columbine ever get bulldozed?

Nope but they demolished the library where the majority of deaths were.. and other "reminders".

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
does newtown want to pay for it? then i would say its their business.

otherwise no.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
50 million? WTF are they planning, to have gold inlays in the walls or something?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
They said the report would be released in September. Well? Where is it?
Don't touch a thing until that report is made public.
I thought the Sandy Hook kids were already going to Chalk Hill (now renamed Sandy Hook)
Are they going to tear that school down too? If not they don't need another. DUH!

Many of us didn't buy the story when it came out, this only makes it look even more suspicious.

Tell you what, I think Gene Rosen would be glad to have all the kids come to his house instead.
Use the firehouse for overflow it has a huge back room.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

No arguement here but lets face it, regardless of if they destroy the school or not, those kids are going to have to deal with it and confront that day regardless.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I understand why they are doing this and a I firmly approve of it.

We are talking about 5 and 6 year olds having to go to a school in which a mass murder of their peers took place. These aren't adults having to walk into a building ... adults having to 'deal with it' ... adults being told to 'get a grip'.

These are little children with little child imaginations. Not to mention the stories that will be told ... ghosts of children and murderers in the hallways ... you all know it would happen.

The building of murders is not a place for learning to take place.
It is better having it pulled down and the children being able to learn in a fresh new place.

That isn't sticking heads in sand or pretending it didn't happen.
That is being mature and responsible and providing a good learning environment.

They'll learn about the mass murder in new school, where they can feel safe and can learn.
They don't have to be subjected to being in the old school and being told that children
were murdered on the very spots that their desks sit. That would be emotionally
destructive for a 5 or 6 or 7 year old ... (etc etc)

Tear down the old school. IT'S COMMON SENSE. This is a good thing.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

FlyersFan
I understand why they are doing this and a I firmly approve of it.

We are talking about 5 and 6 year olds having to go to a school in which a mass murder of their peers took place. These aren't adults having to walk into a building ... adults having to 'deal with it' ... adults being told to 'get a grip'.

These are little children with little child imaginations. Not to mention the stories that will be told ... ghosts of children and murderers in the hallways ... you all know it would happen.

The building of murders is not a place for learning to take place.
It is better having it pulled down and the children being able to learn in a fresh new place.

That isn't sticking heads in sand or pretending it didn't happen.
That is being mature and responsible and providing a good learning environment.

They'll learn about the mass murder in new school, where they can feel safe and can learn.
They don't have to be subjected to being in the old school and being told that children
were murdered on the very spots that their desks sit. That would be emotionally
destructive for a 5 or 6 or 7 year old ... (etc etc)

Tear down the old school. IT'S COMMON SENSE. This is a good thing.

indeed however....50million dollars? i think 1 million would generously provide a state of the art facility to teach 3rd graders how to fingerpaint. this isn't a high school or community college, it's little desks and chairs with playground outback

government is good at throwing money at stuff to make it all better

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

ThinkYouSpeak
....50million dollars?

About 5 mil to build the school, the rest to buy the silence of the local witnesses, cops and politicos,

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

starviego

ThinkYouSpeak
....50million dollars?

About 5 mil to build the school, the rest to buy the silence of the local witnesses, cops and politicos,

2 million would build a good school. you are probably right the rest of that money would pay off sandy hooks mortgages.

Maybe they might spend 500 thousand on doing up the exterior of it and make it appear like a school to the outsiders of sandy hook.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
$50,000,000 for an elementary school? For less than 500 students? That is over $100,000 per student.

FOUL

Who is getting greased? and for what?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join