It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Human behavior and the limits of tolerance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yup, this will piss off everyone it is meant to do this in hopes to get you to think in a different way. For all you inpatient readers; Human behavior extremes such as Schizophrenia and Bi-Polar have been traditionally identified as ailments and treatment in the form of coping skills, pills and social acceptance have a ways to go. Transgender, androgeny and gay behavior is completely different and not seen as an ailment. Or could they be? At long last could such profoundly "crazy" (to the mayority) thoughts like "I am a biological man, I feel like a woman" be just a malfunctioning gland and biochemical inbalance? ...end of synopsis.
Ok before I start, my agenda is to shed a new light and if taken seriously, to engender a debate on subsequent behaviors (racists/zenophobes, over agressive CEO A-type, psychopaths) that are socially conflictive and make a calm and nurturing society impossible to reach or even stable society. Sure this can lead to unexpected and downright horrid outcomes and those can be foreseen; a pill for everything, over reaction and genocide, a quest to find the source of all these ailments!(not bad at all). So with the words of the book A brave new world by Aldous Huxley -"A gramme is better than a damn" I shall begin.
The premise is simple, I myself found out, through a profound psychotic episode (to me anyways, my family begs to differ) that I am Bi-Polar. People treat me differently now and I have found the new and subtle ways people can turn their self hatred into wonderful disrespect for you and your opinions and mental capacity. I love this one by the way "Did you take your pills??" which brings me to ask "Are we all in need of pills?"
-Bi-Polar, erratic mood swings, prone to episodes=takes pills, sees psychologist
-Schizophrenic, erratic thinking, voices, assumed irreality of what is normally percieved by others=takes pills, sees psychologist
-Autistic, no mood and social skills= I don't know enough
-I mean there are hundreds of these ailments here is a short list of seemingly stable and functional people who, for instance,

8. Broca's Aphasia Patients Are Able to Do Everything But Speak

Just like the three I stated above some are able to move and interact with society in a limited way but there is something wrong, a bad gland a biochemical problem etc. this brings me to the meat of the arguement.
Why haven't we considered gay, androgenous, transgender thoughts and behaviors as an ailment? Take a pill and IF you choose, by the way. No one forces me to take my pills, I have driven cars, sat at an oceanside by myself and weeell spoke to god and saw some incredible things but thats another story. I have a right, just like everyone else, to be in my "natural" state of psychosis every now and again, I mean I was born to do this and is normal due to my development! Anyways I take my pills so don't concern yourselves, back on point.
Gays seem to push on us their right to behave and even marry, to the point of saturation. this in your face accept me and integrate me into society idea is interesting to me because their whole identity could be based on an ailment and not a true sexual preference...
Studies could be done but we are all biochemistry and glands that secrete, to base your identity on something that could be an ailment with a possible cure. And then try to justify not taking the cure and seeking social acceptance for it, to the point of legislating for rights to marry which is a religious ideal, the government didn't come up with marrige... So I dont know why they don't just lobby the pope for that or umm make up their own gay religion and get married that way... I digress and egress. Take care!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Get ready for the shrapnel.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
First off, people with mental disabilities take "pills". Being gay is NOT a disability but a GOD given choice that everyone can have.

Boy, you just opened a can of worms here, you dished it out, just be prepared to take it!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I understand that people sometimes take their preconceptions into what they read and into what they write like me. thats what we do, and thats the richness of the intelectual diversity that this planet has. But this society is unstable.
Pretty much what I dislike is legislating before we understand something. No one thinks right now that it is proper to legislate so that I as a Bi-polar person can drive heavy machinery, work, interact with children etc in a full blown and unannounced psychotic episode. So can the same be held true for gays, androgenous and transgender under their kind of, in my thesis, psychotic episode.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

I understand gay, transgender and androgeny is not defined as yet to be a disorder but if it is in the future what will we do and is that better than now. Knowledge before legislation.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Emeraldous

Studies could be done but we are all biochemistry and glands that secrete, to base your identity on something that could be an ailment with a possible cure.

Perhaps... a true "ailment" is something that not only relates to the "handicapped"'s chemistry, but also affects others around in a bad way.

A guy with half a functioning brain can become moral-less and eventually this may lead into harming others. Being gay doesn't lead into harming others.

edit on 6-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

It would be called fragmentation, not shrapnel. Shrapnel is only generated by the Shrapnel artillery round that saw it's use discontinued after WWII.

Sorry, it's one of my obsessive things that make me crazy.
edit on 6-10-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

watchitburn
Sorry, it's one of my obsessive things that make me crazy.

Perfectionism... most geniuses in history had this "illness".

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

swanne

Studies could be done but we are all biochemistry and glands that secrete, to base your identity on something that could be an ailment with a possible cure.

Perhaps... a true "ailment" is something that not only relates to the "handicapped"'s chemistry, but also affects others around in a bad way.

A guy with half a functioning brain can become moral-less and eventually this may lead into harming others. Being gay doesn't lead into harming others.

edit on 6-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

Yeah they might not harm others or they may with behavior but it begs to question, is it an ailment?
ETA Is a pre-op transgender harming themselves when they pretty much mutilate themselves to fit their preconcieved notions of self identity?
edit on 6-10-2013 by Emeraldous because: ETA

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Emeraldous
Yeah they might not harm others or they may with behavior but it begs to question, is it an ailment?

"Ailment" is such an obsolete term. A... "difference" would be more adequate of a word.

Is color-blindness an "ailment", or the next step in human vision evolution? We don't know.

"Difference" is what it is really.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Funny you brought up evolution, maybe gay or transgender is evolution just like evolving webbed feet or any apropiate change to suit the environment or lack there of can be taken as evolution. Even if it goes in the wrong direction. Mental evolution in the sense that psychosis is only understood by those who experience it and even then its different individually. Who knows what autistic people experience maybe they have different perceptions than us, just hope one day they can comunicate them and we no longer call it ailment but an evolutive turn. Not to withhold the comedic but this is exactly the premise of x-men.
By the way I call it an ailment because the word fits, when people get sick they behave differently and we don't even know the full picture on that but I'm sure it has to do with biochemistry, glands and mental states.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Why haven't we considered gay, androgenous, transgender thoughts and behaviors as an ailment?

We have, society in general just grew up over the past 20-30 years and stop being twats about it. Even when it was treated as a disease/aliment, they never found a "cure" or "successful treatment" - Only reason anyone would seek one anyway is because of the shame and drama it can bring into your life.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Oh so we did do testing to determine if it is an ailment, were the results conclusive? Do we need more testing? I hope so, science never ends you know. Do we know exactly what is going on and why these behaviors exist?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
You are dead wrong about shrapnel....its used to great effect by artillery and other weapons to kill off those they are dumped on......in fact alarge majority of weapons produce the stuff.....
As far as gays being ill, perhaps they are (in a qualified sense)
But ive had bi polar friends who did freakers you wouldnt believe......endangering themselves and others.
psychopaths are another possibly deadly bunch, who seemto end up incontrol far too often.
Gays may be ill but they are at least more socially acceptable to straight people than those who cannot maintain a semblance of normalcy in society.....
Still i do wonder what it is that makes them so damn annoying as they push their gay agenda.....
suppose we have hetero sexual day to the extent we have gay pride days....the parrallel does exist in places....
flieschen in germany or mardi gras come to mind.
n afghanistan, young boys become prized substitutes for
women and are very popular among straight men.....er maybe they are not quite straight...but the religion condones this behavior.....
Lets fact it, humanity is severely #ed up

top topics

join