It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa To have big anouncement Changed from Nov 13th to Oct 6th

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My friend works at NASA and he just confirmed this is a hoax.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If you go to the site, and put your email address in, expect alot of spam. Basically it exists to gather email addresses, and then they take all those emails and sell them.
Total scam 100%

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
For starters, it is unlike NASA to make a major announcement without first issuing a press release. Additionally, it is unlike NASA to put NASA-related material on a non-NASA website.

And most of NASA's website are currently shut down.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Haha, its very unlikely that NASA will announce something when its lockdown. And middle of night for USA?

I googled around and found out that the theme on the site is cheap (7$) theme called Caelus.
themeforest.net...

Demo version
demo.oxygenna.com...
edit on 4-10-2013 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Thebel
Haha, its very unlikely that NASA will announce something when its lockdown. And middle of night for USA?

..and on a non-NASA website.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

greencmp
reply to post by desertguy

Yes, they will be revealing that their webservers are actually still working.

I thought NASA would be announcing the planned national park on the moon has been shut down due to the government shutdown...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I have issues with calling this real. Why not put it somewhere on the NASA site if it really was posted by NASA? Why spend extra money and man (or woman) hours for a separate site? I'm thinking it's BS.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I get the feeling that we are all going to look like idiots if we're glued to this, especially on the 6th (or whenever).

Onward...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Do people remember In November of 2010, NASA issued a press release announcing a news conference at which a discovery would be revealed that would “impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life.”?
This press release was intentionally vague, and generated lots of excitement and publicity for the announcement. The big reveal ended up being about arsenic-based bacteria living in a California lake.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think nasa should look into this, make the site owner take it down.. Couldn't the person who put this up be sued by Nasa for using their name in a scam ?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

KEMIK
I get the feeling that we are all going to look like idiots if we're glued to this, especially on the 6th (or whenever).

Onward...

I do agree, I will check it out on the 6th just to see what kind of scam it is. My guess is maybe a video game or something stupid like that.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think they will announce that they have found Elvis, Tupac, Marilyn Monroe, Biggie Smalls, Lord Lucan & Jack The Ripper and Michael Jackson all playing cards on Mars.
edit on 201310America/Chicago10pm10pmFri, 04 Oct 2013 14:59:52 -05001013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The latest buggyboo is Ransom Ware, locks out your computer and encrypts your files, who knows anyone who visited this site and entered their email was probably bombarded with bogus company emails from legit companies like UPS. Then ransomed for a fee of 100 - 300 dollars to get them back, wouldn't surprise me. The lowlife scums...nobody should be able to link to sites that are malicious.

Is there no low these animals will stoop to?
ISC Diary

Back up your precious files. Oh and if they have moved their date up, probably have fished in plenty and need to run something to infect all the machines they have infiltrated. That is my gut feeling, trust no one.
edit on 10/4/2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

Oh and lately i have received phone calls from a company/person with an asian accent who tells me my computer is at risk...HANG UP, nobody is getting inside my machine.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

whatnext21
The latest buggyboo is Ransom Ware, locks out your computer and encrypts your files, who knows anyone who visited this site and entered their email was probably bombarded with bogus company emails from legit companies like UPS. Then ransomed for a fee of 100 - 300 dollars to get them back, wouldn't surprise me. The lowlife scums...nobody should be able to link to sites that are malicious.

Is there no low these animals will stoop to?
ISC Diary

Back up your precious files. Oh and if they have moved their date up, probably have fished in plenty and need to run something to infect all the machines they have infiltrated. That is my gut feeling, trust no one.

Oh and lately i have received phone calls from a company/person with an asian accent who tells me my computer is at risk...HANG UP, nobody is getting inside my machine.

That is crazy I have never heard of a scam like that one. No one is safe !

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

skyblueworld
Do people remember In November of 2010, NASA issued a press release announcing a news conference at which a discovery would be revealed that would “impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life.”?
This press release was intentionally vague, and generated lots of excitement and publicity for the announcement. The big reveal ended up being about arsenic-based bacteria living in a California lake.

For that reason, NASA is VERY careful with any type announcements nowadays and would never ever make such a site.
edit on 52013R000000FridayAmerica/Chicago00PMFridayFriday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

yeah man cause i mean if you like gave them your email address they could like blow up the planet!!!!!!!!

gave them one of my disposable emails address's we'll see what happens

dun dun DUNNNNNNNNNN..........................

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I had to reply because, this isn't some sort of hoax to get email addresses. It is something called an ARG or Alternate Reality Game. They are used for everything from fun to viral marketing. It is a game. Now I havent confirmed this over at the ARG site I use but the whois data is the same for many many ARG's to protect people, called puppetmasters, from getting hacked or inundated with emails asking for help. For more about ARG's in general Check Unfiction

My guess is that this has something to do with the new space movie coming out - Gravity.

But anyway, according to my ARG buddies at work, this one is viral marketing for something, the countdown is for the game/marketing to start. When the clock runs out, you will most likely have to scour the page for clues in anything from the coding, to messages hidden in sound files, to the lamer versions that give you direct links to everything.

If you have never played an ARG, check out the site above. I have a few highly recommended ones that are now over that people can go through the topic to get an idea of how they work. Just message me if you want some links. I was even a puppetmaster in a few a long time ago when I still had time. Anyway, if you entered your email, don't stress, you will probably get a few odd messages from whoever is running the game but thats it.
edit on 4-10-2013 by Blinkydoo because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2013 by Blinkydoo because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2013 by Blinkydoo because: to correct mistakes and explain something better

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

Not only are there a number of threads but within those threads I posted the new date this A.M.

Yes it's a hoax and yes it's irritating when people don't read recent topics or search.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I see, people think it is an ARG? Any confirmation on this?
edit on 4-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

we never have confirmation on a game until it starts, but it was on one of the ARG forums before it was here. Usually puppetmasters post it themselves when a site goes live to get a following early. It was posted about three hours after it was registered according to the whois at godaddy (if godaddy uses Eastern time.) A few of us at Unfiction are watching it because we were directed there by other ARG players.

So I guess that's a long way of saying no, no confirmation.

The date moving tells me there is a good chance of an ARG because it has caught on at quite a few sites so it is probably taking advantage of the traffic to get the game going before people lose interest.

edit on 4-10-2013 by Blinkydoo because: adding a bit

<< 1    3 >>

join