It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet ISON : Realtime Image and Info 2013

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Trillium

About time

It finally comes! I dreamed of photographing the comet ISON. I succeeded this morning. Here it is visible above the enclosure of the Piton de la Fournaise, at Réunion Island. © Luc Perrot

OMG i want to!!
wowww very cool! Tq So much you make my blood boil..

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

wildespace
Comet ISON in colour from November 7th, by Damian Peach. www.damianpeach.com...
17"CDK with FLI-PL6303E. LRGB. L: 7x2mins. RGB: 1x2mins.

Some dust strands can be seen in the tail.

Here's a blink comparison of his images from Nov 6th and 7th, showing the evolution of the tail:

wow thats Great ! where you get that my Friend? very Nice! i wonder we see naked eye for some like your picture

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
what happen if Ison Careen into the sun..

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
COmet Ison Outburst

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
ISON this morning through my scope:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

ngchunter
ISON this morning through my scope:

Wow i am so jeleous to you..what a great sight..very beautifull

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Brilliant picture! It's weird that ISONs tail and a strong thinner streak in it. It's nothing like what I thought a comet usually looks like. I'm sure it's a normal comet tail .. Again wonderful picture

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Some great work from Bruce Gary and Toni Scarmato, from images taken yesterday (Nov 14th).

Timelapse:

Image processing shows spectacular jets:

Some amateur astronomers suspect fragmentation.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Thanks for those wildespace I'm going to have to try really hard to get up early one morning to see this beaut

Ooh and your statement 'some astronomers suspect fragmentation' ... I'm sure some people on ats will suspect it's something different

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
An incredibly beautiful image from Damian Peach. WOW!

www.damianpeach.com...

Comet ISON from November 15th. Sporting a dramatic and intricate tail more than 2deg long. Hard to believe this is the same comet from back on the 10th when i last imaged it!

Colour: www.damianpeach.com...

Negative (shows tail really well): www.damianpeach.com...

106mm F5.0 with STL-11k. LRGB. L: 5x2mins. RGB: 1x2mins.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

ThePeaceMaker

I've got some marine binos that we use on my dad's boat. I'm hoping they are laying about indoors as the boat is out the water. It's 9:30pm I might stay up to see if I can see it meant to have a clear night till early morning hours

Did you have any luck? I had a look on the 16th with my binos at around 5am with no luck.
Clounds tonight, hopeing to clear.

Sorry for the late reply. Work

Any one from the UK had a non telescope view?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

what happen if Ison Careen into the sun..

Good vid cheesy. Hoping ISON will not break up. At a 650,000 miles pass from sun will hopefully keep ISON together for a spectacular view in December.
edit on 17-11-2013 by marc72 because: Because

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Ive got a feeling it will not make it,.
me thinks it will break up just before rounding the back side.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
How to See Comet ISON: New App Points the Way

www.space.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
WOW!

ISON's tail is now over 16 million km long.

COMET ISON'S SUPER TAIL: Comet's ISON's recent outburst of activity has done more than simply brighten the comet. Whatever exploded from the comet's core also created a spectacularly-long tail, more than 16 million kilometers from end to end. Scroll down to see the full extent of Comet ISON as photographed on Nov. 17th by Michael Jäger of Ebenwaldhöhe, Austria:

"The tail of the comet stretches more than 7 degrees across the sky," says Jäger. It's almost as wide as the bowl of the Big Dipper.

Physically, ISON's tail is about 12 times wider than the sun. So, when the head of ISON plunges into the sun's atmosphere on Nov. 28th, more than 15 million kilometers of the comet's tail will still be jutting into space behind it.

Because so much gas and dust is spewing from the comet's core, it is impossible to see clearly what caused Comet ISON's outburst on Nov. 13-14. One possibility is that fresh veins of ice are opening up in the comet's nucleus, vaporizing furiously as ISON approaches the sun. Another possibility is that the nucleus has completely fragmented.

"If so, it will still be several days before we know for sure," says Karl Battams, an astronomer with NASA's Comet ISON Observing Campaign. "When comet nuclei fall apart, it’s not like a shrapnel-laden explosion. Instead, the chunks slowly drift apart at slightly different speeds. Given that ISON’s nucleus is shrouded in such a tremendous volume of light-scattering dust and gas right now, it will be almost impossible to determine this for at least a few days and perhaps not until the comet reaches the field of view of NASA's STEREO HI-1A instrument on November 21, 2013. We will have to wait for the chunks to drift apart a sufficient distance, assuming they don't crumble first."

Monitoring is encouraged. Comet ISON rises in the east just before the sun.

spaceweather.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
this the new Hubble image from 2 November..

Its a Great Sight

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

wildespace
WOW!

ISON's tail is now over 16 million km long.

COMET ISON'S SUPER TAIL: Comet's ISON's recent outburst of activity has done more than simply brighten the comet. Whatever exploded from the comet's core also created a spectacularly-long tail, more than 16 million kilometers from end to end. Scroll down to see the full extent of Comet ISON as photographed on Nov. 17th by Michael Jäger of Ebenwaldhöhe, Austria:

"The tail of the comet stretches more than 7 degrees across the sky," says Jäger. It's almost as wide as the bowl of the Big Dipper.

Physically, ISON's tail is about 12 times wider than the sun. So, when the head of ISON plunges into the sun's atmosphere on Nov. 28th, more than 15 million kilometers of the comet's tail will still be jutting into space behind it.

Because so much gas and dust is spewing from the comet's core, it is impossible to see clearly what caused Comet ISON's outburst on Nov. 13-14. One possibility is that fresh veins of ice are opening up in the comet's nucleus, vaporizing furiously as ISON approaches the sun. Another possibility is that the nucleus has completely fragmented.

"If so, it will still be several days before we know for sure," says Karl Battams, an astronomer with NASA's Comet ISON Observing Campaign. "When comet nuclei fall apart, it’s not like a shrapnel-laden explosion. Instead, the chunks slowly drift apart at slightly different speeds. Given that ISON’s nucleus is shrouded in such a tremendous volume of light-scattering dust and gas right now, it will be almost impossible to determine this for at least a few days and perhaps not until the comet reaches the field of view of NASA's STEREO HI-1A instrument on November 21, 2013. We will have to wait for the chunks to drift apart a sufficient distance, assuming they don't crumble first."

Monitoring is encouraged. Comet ISON rises in the east just before the sun.

spaceweather.com...

Creazy..backthere someone say 8 million ..its gigantic,now its 16 million? creazy hell

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Question to the ATS experts out there.

New here so pardon if this is a stupid question.

I find interest in this ISON.

Have been reading some sites (maybe BS) that this comet could hit the sun.

Any chance of that happening?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Comet ISON looks fantastic in latest pictures..

www.nbcnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join