It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret EU plot to kill Nato - Spain now on board! * UK a target*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Well I understand Spain spoke with the last election cycle over there and just like here that does not represent all of Spain. But this movement to disengauge the UK should be a wake up call for the UK folks. I can remember back in the late 80's the Russian the defected said that the wall would come down and that the US would be driven from NATO as the forst step in the russian plans....doesnt see so far fetched now even though it remains highly unlikely.

Not sure about the Sun as a source though...you UK folks can elighten me.

By NIC CECIL
Political Correspondent

A SECRET EU plot to wreck Nato and torpedo the UK�s influence in Europe was sensationally laid bare by Spain�s Prime Minister yesterday.

He vowed his country would stand shoulder to shoulder with fellow Iraq war weasels France and Germany � to dictate a common EU defence policy that would leave Britain sidelined.

Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero brazenly declared the ultimate aim was to challenge America.

He declared: �Europe must believe that it can be in 20 years the most important world power. We want to arrange the European future at the side of France and Germany. Spain sees itself with France and Germany as never before.�

Secret EU plot to kill Nato

And it would seem that Blair will stay with the US as an ally and not a weasel.

Blair defies critics to stand by US alliance

Europe must unite with the US under the banner of democracy to defeat the scourge of terrorism around the world, Tony Blair will urge on Monday.

The prime minister will defy leftwing critics of the war in Iraq to mount an impassioned defence of Britain's �special relationship� with the US.

In his annual foreign policy speech at the Mansion House in London, Mr Blair will lay out his vision shared with George W. Bush, US president that global terrorism will be defeated only by the spread of democracy. That is the message that should bind Europe and the US, he will indicate, challenging opponents who describe him as Mr Bush's �poodle� by arguing that a strong alliance with both is in Britain's national interest.

A true Ally and one that has a big picture of the world and is not a weasel

[edit on 14-11-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 14-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
No so secret if it's in the news

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
No so secret if it's in the news

Maybe it was a secret? I dunno and like I said, I do not know the Sun.

But the story makes sense.....

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Maybe it was a secret? I dunno and like I said, I do not know the Sun.

But the story makes sense.....

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case to tell you the truth. Or it could just be a load of crap. But anyways it's out in the open now so I guess we'll see.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It would seem to me that any sort of partner ship in the EU would challenege any industrail nation out side of the EU. So I dont really see any secrete there. The only place there might be a secrete is if the people invalved are seeking to destroy a country economicaly or something along those lines.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I never understood why 2 countries France and Germany seem to be leading the way in a huge union of countries. To a outside observer it really looks like those countries are running the show at the EU.

I wonder when they finally decided to use a single language in the EU if it will be French or German.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I don't think this was much of a secret to begin with. The EU was clearly made to rival the US (and now China in the future). The more of Europe that gets on board, the more powerfull it becomes.

The problem is that at some point there will be a dissagreement between two or more of the countries involved. That will lead to it's break up.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Mate I would not wipe my A** with the Sun.

It usually goes something like this

Page 1 Famouos footballer screws prostitute

Page 2 Trevor Cavannaghs Murdoch Propoganda page(1 page of actual news with the Murdoch slant put on it)

Page 3 Picture of teenage girl with boobs out

followed by various crime or celebrity stories full of very emotive text and a large sports and gambling section

My girlfriend did a collage course and part was newspapers. She was told that the vocabulary used in this paper is at the level of a seven year old child.

PS I am anti EU but this newspaper is crap which swithches its political allegience to whoever best serves Murdoch

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hey she was not a teenage girl this morning! 23 if i'm right and called jenny from swansea - nce pair of tits too. Of cause i buy this particular academic text along with the Guardian for references

Well you need to put some smut up on the wall in a student house full of blokes!

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I wonder when they finally decided to use a single language in the EU if it will be French or German.

English and german are the candidates as english has most of the foreign speakers and german has most of the natives.

But i�d vote for something along the lines of esperanto . It would not favor any nation and would be ideal for a quick to learn supportive language.

I cannot find any secret EU Plot here. The Coalition of the willing could as such also be seen as such a plot because it is a number of NATO countries cooperating. If the EU does it, why is it a conspiracy?
Why would it torpedo the UK�s influence? They were one of the nations that had the idea for an eu army.

[edit on 15/11/04 by tsuribito]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
NATO has outlived its pre-determined usefulness.
Let the EU do what it must.
The US will fit in among it somewhere.

seekerof

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Jayzuss
; 'The Sun'. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear .

It is obvious that following the less than enthusiastic response from Europe to Bush's ME adventures there are those in the USA who are determined to see Europe and the EU as a 'threat' to the USA's interests.....it seems obvious that not going along with sufficient enthiusiasm is enough to get labelled a 'threat'......even though "those weasels" Germany and France are risking their people in Afghanistan in support of the Americans and British forces there.

Therefore every time a person within the EU speaks about a confident self-determining EU it is likely to be spun as anti-USA.....and there will be those looking to exaggerate any differences to help 'splits' form. (Good luck
, if there is one thing Europe and the EU has proven - over the many decades - it is that our shared interests far out-weigh any petty bickering.)

With much of the UK press owned by foreigners (Murdock, the strange Aussie American wannabe, is a prime example) I expect to see more and more of this garbage over the next 4 yrs and more.

Non-Americans being 'un-American'......wow, how dare they, huh? What a crime!

What did the Spainard actually say? He said the EU should be moving to a situation where it is formulating an effective defence policy consistent with the EU's interests.....

......not that The Sun would or could acknowledge in such a stupid POS story that one of Europe and the EU's primary interests is a strong alliance with the USA anyway!

Shocking, huh?

Apparantly in that weird Murdock-'news'-paper-land anything that is not identicle to US interests (but only when the right-wing crowd are in gov) is 'traitorous'.......maybe someone should let him know that we in Europe are not the USA and that it is perfectly OK for us to have different interests and that the interests of the EU and the USA do not always co-incide.

Tony Blair will, of course, do his utmost to see that the 'atlantic alliance' continues to exist no matter how the infantile fools on either side act from time to time as (as all grown-ups know) it is far to valuable, to as all, to discard.....and anyway; over what?
A ding-bat like Bush or a piqued Chirac?

As if.

This story is all about trying to keep the anti-EU pot boiling in the UK.
We most probably have a general election coming in spring or summer next year.
The anti-EU press here know Labour and Blair are likely to win strongly again.
They do not support Labour or Blair but they will continue to pretend to....yet every article they write on Labour's actual policies will be attacking and negative because they hope to dent and reduce the margin by which Labour and Blair will win.
This is because we might well also be having a referendum on the new EU 'constitution' in spring '06.
If the press can help create a weakened Labour gov they think this makes the chances of a 'no' vote in that referendum likely.

God help us this rubbish will only increase in intensity. Oh well.

[edit on 15-11-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

new topics

top topics

join