It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think the empires of today could fall, like the roman empire did???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I was watching this documentary. Kinda got me thinking that the modern empires haven't seen any issues in an awful long time. It kinda gets me wondering, because doesn't history have a habit of repeating itself? So at some point won't we see some kind of global melt down of the worlds empires??? Like another black plauge wipes out most of them perhaps? or some other long over due event? Maybe a meteor or whatever, and now all the nations are juggled around and they try and pick up the pieces and rebuild from the ground up???

Or could that never happen again now that we are more of an advanced civilization???

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

History repeats itself! So YES, it will fall as Rome did! However, in this instance, the fall will benefit those whom caused it!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yup... We will. If history hasn't just broken pattern forever and somehow turned to never repeat? Then every Empire falls and usually falls rather spectacularly. I had hoped dearly it wouldn't be my lifetime it happened in...but hope is fading that I'll be so lucky.

With my luck, my next life will find me arriving to find "modern" post war Sparta and I'll have a minor birth defect. That would be my luck.... It really would. lol

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

its happening, and we will post it on face book as its happening

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Of Course. Just look at how fast the Soviet Union fell apart, or Egypt, or Libya.

It seems that government fall even faster and faster these days. If the U.S. collapses, it'll be pretty much like the USSR. Dead broke.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I think it'll happen just as quickly too. The Soviet Union was ..and then it just, wasn't anymore. Remember the couple coup attempts and counter attempts with tanks and Russian troops on the streets of Moscow? Oh...those are sights I don't wanna see in our nation. Those are the times, perhaps rare, where I'd hate the fact every Bubba with a 'tude has a scatter gun and an AK-47 or AR-15 in this country. Everyone would want to do their own little version of it, or try, if our society actually falls ...even for a brief period.

Submarine patrol...that's the idea for me. Run deep, silent and like a big hole in the water if things fall apart quick. Until things stabilize and it's clear just what's happened and who is who in the aftermath? What else to do?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Most unfortunate.
It is a disgrace that in this day and age the worlds leaders have
Humanity on the edge of the precipice.
It happens quickly, with not a roar, but a whisper.

Tragedy can be averted...Narrowly as of yet.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Its not a matter of if but when. History is full of this stuff, its like a cosmic joke in some sense of the word. Its only after an Empire thinks it has reached its true height, ruling the world or thinking that it rules the world and then it all comes crumbling down around their ears.

Everything has their day.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Sorry to say it is in PROGRESS AS WE SPEAK. You cannot allow a society dependent on promises and lies and no values in it's nation, works or in it's words and expect it to survive.
Rome lost it's Honor, Honesty and Morals, it was on a slippery slope for the rest of it short existence.
But they had lasted for a 1000 years.. We've been here for 250 years +/- and look at our Rise and Fall.
We've been told that History repeats itself...
So now we don't teach the European and Roman Empire history in school anymore so as to prevent anyone from recognize the symptoms of a declining society.
I'm 76 years old and when I went to public school, I used books that had been the standards for 40 years. I began Elementary, 1941 during the WW2, High School during Korean War and we were taught European, Roman, American and Modern History not as electives but as required... the idea was to produce a generation that understood how the world functioned and the lengths that some men would go to for power. The generation before and my generation was the producers of Scientist, Engineers, Inventors and Muscle... they understood that all the knowledge in the world is useless without the ability and willingness to produce.
Now we no longer teach the Histories of the world.. we are modifying our own history and we have entered the 21 Century with a nation of people that only think of pleasures, the I, Me, Mine Generation.. A degenerate Society that is on the Slippery Slope. In God We Trust was from the very beginning and it worked wondrously.
America need God's Blessings now to help us survive.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Yes, people haven't changed as much as we think they have. We keep making the same mistakes over and over. It is only a matter of time and that time is in the near future unless it can be nipped in the butt. It seems when very few want to work producing necessities and most jobs are sales or consumer oriented jobs, everything collapses. Society gets too reliant on external suppliers of essential needs.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Somehow I get the distinct feeling that some here at ATS actually want to see the country collapse.
And when you wipe the tears from your childrens eyes as they ask "what happened" ....what will you tell them?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Mos Def.
Can we last for a long time, sure. Indefinitely? no.
Such a damn shame too, when empires fall, its full of strive an grief, people having to fend for themselves in the worse possible ways, little newborn babies like my precious 5 month old would have an even harder life.

I just hope that it doesn't happen in my life time, key word being, HOPE.

Its up to you to start taking advantage of skill sets now to ensure that YOU have the best possible chance of survival, for an empire may fall, YOU DON'T.

I guess the question is, how will it fall? military defeat? economic failure? that's the big tamale right there now....

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

seeker1963

History repeats itself! So YES, it will fall as Rome did! However, in this instance, the fall will benefit those whom caused it!

They (civilizations) decay, they will always fail because corruption within is a natural occurance; and in so doing purpetuate/perpetrate a newer model. Not to say its any better, just a different one better suited to the dominicans of the moment in time. I dont like the model, it seems always (as history tells/documents it) "doomed to fail". Not sure why not understanding the failure rate, but it if not due to human deficiency/ignorance, or due to natural causes beyond their control--to me always seems to be a crap shoot, at best a 50-50 survival ratio at best and there is no spreadsheet existing to document the success or failure rate as God is Just Not Talking about this. What civilization that is documented exists that is NOT OR CLOSEST TO living in the 'stone age'. Oldest; the Aborigines in Australia and New Zealand, or the Hopi, Anastazi/Pueblans, native americans in the four corners region of the US, and not to be forgotten the African Dogon. Dont even bother to ask about the ancient Maya, as their DNA were absorbed by existing lifeforms and scattered randomly (that was the plan).
edit on 30-9-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
We might be at a stage where what happens is the fall of the nations happens as result of skynet going live. Like no joke, could happen in as little as like 50 years. skynet goes live and realizes it should eradicate humans in order to somehow preserve itself. Probably have full blown andriods in like as little as 5 years at this rate. Then one they become self aware they'll take us out.

edit on 30-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Roman empire never fell.
Thats one of the biggest conspiracies of history.
They only made you think that it fell. It didn't though.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

olaru12
Somehow I get the distinct feeling that some here at ATS actually want to see the country collapse.
And when you wipe the tears from your childrens eyes as they ask "what happened" ....what will you tell them?

Weeping child: "What Happened."

Me: "Well honey, for 47 years liberals have used the blame game to avoid doing their homework, cleaning up their room, or making their bed. When they tax and spend the economy to death they blame successful businesses for disappearing. When they take over the education system they blame Americans for not being smart. And when they bankrupt Detroit they blame their political opponents."

edit on 1-10-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It doesnt take years for an empire to fall it takes decades or centuries. Usually corruption comes first, later comes war and chaos. However when an empire falls theres always something left standing. In the romans case while their western empire fell the easten empire survived and was later assimilated into the ottoman empire. What im saying is that while empires burn theres always something left thats taken by another empire whether it be an idea or a culture etc. This may be an endless cycle but the purpose is to improve each passing empire until they can sustain themselves or face the alternative of extinction. I prefer the 1st option.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
We're in the middle of it. Maybe it will take a while, but thats the way things are. Empires come and go....

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The American empire is falling. The question is will it be a managed decline like British Empire, or an implosion like the USSR?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

iamusic
Roman empire never fell.
Thats one of the biggest conspiracies of history.
They only made you think that it fell. It didn't though.

The western half contracted so much that the eastern half became the roman empire, then later on Charlemagne reconstituted the 'holy roman empire' not much of one though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join