It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Key "Elements" To Forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Okay, I'm not a "complainer" by nature, in fact I think I'm fairly laid back and patient on the whole... however, I am confused and getting more frustrated by the thread! I can not see anyone's avatars anymore, some threads allow me to reply with the option at the top of the thread and others I can only reply via the "reply" in each reply's window. Add to that, some threads have no ability to "star" the comments or more importantly, the OP!

I can live with the new format and even the ridiculous emoticons, but when I can not properly reply to posts OR star comments I deem worthy, well I just get frustrated! The avatars (even though I've never been able to make my own) are crucial to me as well because they help relay personality and identity to my fellow board members!

I have been here off and on for years, never losing my original account. This is a fantastic community, no where else on the interwebs "feels" as right to me as here, but these changes are really throwing me off!

HELP!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
What browser are you using, and can you provide examples of threads that have the issues? Also, make sure that you have configured your profile to show avatars as well as there is an option to turn them off.

I haven't had any issues of the sort myself, only with the theme appearing odd from time to time.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I hope you can work this out.
Here are some avatars. Just save to your PC then upload to ats and set one as profile background (not avatar ) in your account settings.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

Have you checked the "hide avatars" option in your account settings?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm using Google Chrome, I'm new to it, but it's what the kids are using and for some reason my laptop won't download the updates for IE (been 2 years since we had internet, just used our phones).

I went into my settings and changed to "show" avatars for both mobile and web, but to no avail. Not sure how to do a screen capture to show you what I mean, but even in this thread I can't give any of you stars *sigh*.

AND, thanks soo much for the avatar pics, I'll work on that tomorrow. I appreciate the help and tips, I'm sure I'll get it sorted out soon enough.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You can get a screen capture by hitting the "Prt Scr" (Print Screen) button on your keyboard, which will essentially copy what is on the screen. You can then paste it into an image file.

As for the stars. You can not star posts in the Board Business & Questions forum, so no bugs there.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Just to update those who helped me a few months ago... I have an avatar at last!! AND I can see other's avatars as well. This won't be my permanent avatar, but it's season appropriate and I have yet to find one that I feel would truly represent me! I picked my "user name" 3 1/2 years ago and wish I could change it while keeping all my wonderful ATS progress hehehe.

Thanks for your help guys and Casandra, your "Avatar upload instructions: ATS.5/3" was enormously helpful once I decided to dedicate some time to actually following the instructions!

top topics

join