It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today the Fan has been turned on and the # is hitting it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
At look at the current Drudge Headlines tell the tale:

POLITICS 'HAVE REACHED CIVIL WAR LEVELS'...
FILIBUSTER FAILS...
Obama adviser compares Republicans to terrorists, kidnappers, arsonists...
More unions turning...
Reid: 'There's No Need For Conversations'...
SENATE CHAPLAIN: 'Lord, deliver us from governing by crisis'...
BUCHANAN TO GOP: Fix bayonets!

I do believe both parties are destroying each other and I pray to God for divine intervention that they don't destroy the country in the process.

There is no change without crisis.

We all know this admistration's thoughts about not wasting a good crisis.

Have to run to the store, but I see the writing on the wall and couldn't forgive myself if I didnt take a moment to share my thoughts.

edit on 9/27/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well let's hope the # is chunky. I hate it when it is splashy diarrhea that gives such a mess.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There already is a thread on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Perhaps this all can lead to citizens forming something viable toward 2016. This is showing better than anything how the party system has brought us to the brink of destruction, as you say. Personal in some cases, and national for us all. We can't survive much more of the partisanship used to cover the individual incompetence across both sides. It's just too much.... Something has to give.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Thank you for bringing this up, it is entirely true. Neither party is willing to listen to the other party's perspectives, or even admit they are legitimate, even though they are often supported by tens of millions of other U.S. citizens.

The truth of the matter is, each party holds part of the solution - the only way that ANY reasonable solution is going to work is if there is COMMUNICATION and COMPROMISE and people are

ALLOWED TO SPEAK (I blame the liberals on this one, because they have been shutting down opposing viewpoints consistently with fear-based tactics as of late).

These are nearing Civil War levels - I guess - a lot of it has to do with Democrats, honestly, isolating themselves from Republicans and not interacting with them and scoffing at them -

Although we also have situations where each party has its own news network (MSNBC and Fox News) and basically is a biofeedback loop with itself.

Progress on an argument cannot be made without interacting with the opposition.
edit on 27-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Oh, well I thought this thread was more about how the two parties are dehumanizing each other, the other thread seems to be about how the Democrats are dehumanizing the Republicans.

Side note: Republicans make the money that is taxed and used for the Democrats to support social programs. I like social programs. Therefore we need both parties.

Also, dehumanizing a group of people seems like a decent precursor to atrocity. Soldiers are trained to dehumanize the enemy before they enter combat.

Meanwhile, the debt ceiling is about to be hit and I'm pretty sure that neither party is willing to compromise this time around? My guess would be that it's going to be more like breaking through that window (government shut down) and seeing who can end up on top during the street fight.

I'm being metaphorical, though - I don't expect a real civil war without a political one first.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

sad_eyed_lady
There is no change without crisis.

There is no change when the American people refuse to vote.

People need to stop bitching and actually get involved. We the American people brought this on ourselves by bitching while doing nothing more. We brought this on ourselves by refusing to participate in government. We brought this upon ourselves by refusing to fire the politicians who ignore their constituents. We brought this on ourselves the moment we developed the attitude of "someone else will vote and take care of the problem".

Regardless of how you personally identify your political beliefs, our elected officials must be reminded they took an oath of office, not an oath of party.
edit on 27-9-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
My town looks like it did yesterday,

Maybe the civil war hasn't reached here yet.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This is politics as usual and not just here through our history but, everywhere. The only problem we have right now is the GOP has no leadership and is spinning in two different directions with the Tea Party dragging it into disaster. The GOP and DNC can never come to normal compromise because the GOP can not even agree with each other. Until the GOP either get its house in order or the tea parly leaves or is kicked out we will see no progress. The White House and the Senate have layed it out on the House if they can not get it in order then you just might see a civil war in the GOP.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I am just floored by all this right now, it is unconscionable. I am glad for the first time since my Grandfather died last Christmas that he is not alive to see this. What country is this? If what we have seen in Afghanistan, Iraq and all the other places we have forced democracy on, is what will come back on us, I fear for my children and all the innocents who will suffer for the choices made by those who are off safely on a private island or mountain retreat sipping cognac.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

darkbake
reply to post by buster2010

Oh, well I thought this thread was more about how the two parties are dehumanizing each other, the other thread seems to be about how the Democrats are dehumanizing the Republicans.

Side note: Republicans make the money that is taxed and used for the Democrats to support social programs. I like social programs. Therefore we need both parties.

Also, dehumanizing a group of people seems like a decent precursor to atrocity. Soldiers are trained to dehumanize the enemy before they enter combat.

Meanwhile, the debt ceiling is about to be hit and I'm pretty sure that neither party is willing to compromise this time around? My guess would be that it's going to be more like breaking through that window (government shut down) and seeing who can end up on top during the street fight.

I'm being metaphorical, though - I don't expect a real civil war without a political one first.

Hiya Buster,

Did you know this article is a month old?
100 Days: Treasury Has Kept Debt Frozen at $16,699,396,000,000 - See more at: www.cnsnews.com...

Personally, I don't know what to expect. Possible false flag so martial law can be implemented? That Oathkeepers warning and chatter about Oct 1 makes me wonder.

We need to clean house and I don't know how that is going to happen with rigged elections.

I saw this article and wondered if the switchboard shut down doesn't just suit our elected officials just fine. Perhaps it will be permanent or perhaps it was intentional. Who cares? They aren't listening to the people anyway. I do believe people are becoming aware of getting slipped the rape drug and that is good news.

CONGRATULATIONS PATRIOTS- YOU HAVE AGAIN SHUT DOWN THE SWITCHBOARD TO CONGRESS

I have no idea what is next.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Dumbass
Well let's hope the # is chunky. I hate it when it is splashy diarrhea that gives such a mess.

It looks big enough to stop the fan.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

onequestion
My town looks like it did yesterday,

Maybe the civil war hasn't reached here yet.

Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.

Expecting to get blindsided personally.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Neither party holds part of the solution!!!! Both parties are the totality of the problem!! We will never have honest, representative, transparent government as long as any Republicans and Democrats are left in office!!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Another nothing to see here folks reply, eh Spad?
Knew I could count on you for that.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

groingrinder
reply to post by darkbake

Neither party holds part of the solution!!!! Both parties are the totality of the problem!! We will never have honest, representative, transparent government as long as any Republicans and Democrats are left in office!!

I like your post. I do hope that the handful that I believe are honest really are just that. Personally, I hope the Libertarians run with the ball.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
OK, I'm all for a civil war but could we wait until after the superbowl and the Stanley cup please.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I watched the president talk today and when he commented on what economic implications could befall this country I thought to myself, well then so be it. I'm not going to hold my breathe though, because those with the lion's share of the money will try like crazy to keep it. Are they really going to let it all fall? Doubtful, but then what do I know? I'm only a middle working class American. I have a feeling there will be last minute deals and everything will go on as usual. I didn't appreciate the scare factor, though. Was really rather irritating if you ask me.
edit on 27-9-2013 by queenofsheba because: because I said so.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If anybody watches MSM TV network news I would be interested to hear if they are covering of this.
"Know thine enemy" & all.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

olaru12
OK, I'm all for a civil war but could we wait until after the superbowl and the Stanley cup please.

Lol!

Maybe if they made huge campaign contributions and did alot of bundling.
edit on 9/27/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join