It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalistic Inaccuracy on ATSNN headline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
After being posted, my article's title was edited to be inaccurate, as well as wordy and unappealing, ""Armored Vehicles" Dispel Anti-War Protest in USA (as reported from IndyMedia)."

In fact, the story was published in the LA Times, as I stated in my piece and also is all over the Net.

...a simple Google news search will get you to the LA Times coverage:

"Military's Presence at Antiwar Rally Is Called a Coincidence"
Los Angeles Times (subscription), CA - Nov 12, 2004

In the interests of journalistic accuracy, I humbly request that the edited title's reference to Indymedia be deleted OR corrected, ie "as reported from IndyMedia AND the LA Times."

PS. I don't think it's my bias that's showing.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by soficrow]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Irrespective of what bias is showing where, when they are "correcting" your title for "jounalistic accuracy", I suggest they either completely reword this very biased opening summary of the article

Raising the specter of Tiannamen Square, two armored APC LAV Marine Warrior vehicles appeared at a peaceful US anti-war protest in Westwood, Los Angeles on November 9, 2004. Police cleared the streets when enraged protestors tried to block the tanks. Indymedia published the first report. The video is online at Indymedia, infowars, disinformation and elsewhere.

Or move it to OP/ED, where it should have been in the first place.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The opening paragraph was far too biased for ATSNN. www.abovetopsecret.com... The story was moved out of ATSNN to Current Events.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Just another point to make, this should not have been publicly raised for community discussion.

Next time, drop a line to an ATSNN editor or moderator via U2U.

join