It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just used my brushcutter to clear some pampas grass and other weeds.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hey all,
Just used my brushcutter with a 8-tooth tungsten carbide tipped blade to clear some pampas grass, sapling pines,gorse, wooly nightshade and kahili ginger and it's the best accessory i've brought for my Jonsered GT32l heavy duty line trimmer/light brushcutter.Next thing i'll purchase for it is a new nylon string bump feed for trimming lawn edges and clearing grass around obstacle.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracyskeptic

Sounds like a beast!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
around here people will pay a chunk of change for pampas grass. LOL....and you call it a weed.
edit on 26-9-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
around here people will pay a chunk of change for pampas grass. LOL....and you call it a weed.
edit on 26-9-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

Actually in my country of New Zealand pampas and kahili ginger is on a list known as the National Pest Plant Accord making it illegal to propagate,sell and distribute.So i'm just doing my bit to help get rid of it.

edit on 26-9-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Lysergic
reply to post by Conspiracyskeptic

Sounds like a beast!

It is and the line trimmer/light brushcutter itselft is 20+ years and still going strong and kahili ginger scientific name Hedychium gardnerianum is a tough SOB to kill because after you remove the above ground part of weed it regrows from rhizomes that form a dense mat stopping native seedlings from growing if you don't apply a suitable herbicide.Same thing with gorse.

edit on 26-9-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join