It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran deploys passive radar system

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I remember reading many years ago in either a Dale Brown or Tom Clancy book (I think it was Brown), where someone came up with the idea of doing something like that. They had an A-50 Mainstay as an airborne transmitter, with the ground stations in receive mode. Since the radar signal from a stealth was redirected away from the transmitter, then one of the ground stations would pick up an occasional return.

I always wondered if that was based on something real, or if they just made it up as they went along.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Classic multistatic radar. That's how the "cell phone radar" works, more or less.

link 1 pdf
link 2

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

And hear I was afraid that you and the rest of the USS Kamikaze crew had gone through the blender
Well, since I've got you here I'll go ahead and tell you about Poly. Turns out that Cellceutix, a biotech firm i've been in since december somehow managed to snag all the IP for just under a cool $5 million...and are gearing up to get their newly acquired product into a phase 2b!!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

And that is why I love this battle. It's always interesting to see the next counter move.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Tajlakz
reply to post by Bedlam

And hear I was afraid that you and the rest of the USS Kamikaze crew had gone through the blender

No comment. Where did you hear that name? We're not allowed to use it anymore, it's damaging to morale. Want a lichen?

Well, since I've got you here I'll go ahead and tell you about Poly. Turns out that Cellceutix, a biotech firm i've been in since december somehow managed to snag all the IP for just under a cool $5 million...and are gearing up to get their newly acquired product into a phase 2b!!

Does Cellceutix have Pentagon connections? I had heard it was going to go to another "mil friendly" group so DARPA could continue working with it. PMX had great results with the stuff both IV and as an ointment on animals, and no real side effects in phase I on people.

The antibiotic line never had any issues in testing. The PMX guys pooped on themselves faking test data for their heparin binder product. Why they looked at anything other than the antibiotic I will never know. Greedy I suppose.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Bedlam

Tajlakz
reply to post by Bedlam

No comment. Where did you hear that name? We're not allowed to use it anymore, it's damaging to morale. Want a lichen?

Hrrmm...another site...rhymes with snark

Does Cellceutix have Pentagon connections? I had heard it was going to go to another "mil friendly" group so DARPA could continue working with it. PMX had great results with the stuff both IV and as an ointment on animals, and no real side effects in phase I on people.

The antibiotic line never had any issues in testing. The PMX guys pooped on themselves faking test data for their heparin binder product. Why they looked at anything other than the antibiotic I will never know. Greedy I suppose.

No DoD connections as far as I know, but it looks like the antibiotic series will be in much better hands now that Nick "we're gonna be the next Amgen" Landekic is out of the picture.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Forgot the best quote:

Still, at least according to what the U.S. Air Force has recently disclosed, in March 2013, Iranian radars were unable to detect F-22 Raptors flying a few miles off their coastline: one the U.S. stealth fighters intercepted two F-4 Phantoms without them noticing it until the American fighter jock radioed: “you really ought to go home!”

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Tajlakz

Yipe. Even though Erewhon is a composite, that one's mine. Occasionally Kirk or Todd will post on it. Ever notice how Erewhon's posting style varies? I had forgotten I said that. The current commentary about the use of tail-fin guided tactical nukes is me.

No DoD connections as far as I know, but it looks like the antibiotic series will be in much better hands now that Nick "we're gonna be the next Amgen" Landekic is out of the picture.

Jeez, that is a gold mine unless people start developing mutant powers or the like. Why you'd want to pursue anything else AT ALL if you had the IP for that I cannot imagine.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Bedlam

Tajlakz

Yipe. Even though Erewhon is a composite, that one's mine. Occasionally Kirk or Todd will post on it. Ever notice how Erewhon's posting style varies? I had forgotten I said that. The current commentary about the use of tail-fin guided tactical nukes is me.

I've mostly been searching by referencing ATS, so unless Kirk or Todd like the word 'shiny' as much as you do...hehe. I can't believe some of the stuff you've dropped over there...you still interested in doing a seminar on the Zel'dovich stuff?

Jeez, that is a gold mine unless people start developing mutant powers or the like. Why you'd want to pursue anything else AT ALL if you had the IP for that I cannot imagine.

I know right? The ctix crew is gonna take a look at the heparin drug to see if it can be salvaged, but the priority is to get the brilacidin train moving again. From what I can tell, the only adverse effect they saw in phase 2a was the numbness. There were a couple incidences of blood pressure increases, although I think they were isolated to a single clinical site and one of the guys had a history of it.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Tajlakz

I've mostly been searching by referencing ATS, so unless Kirk or Todd like the word 'shiny' as much as you do...hehe. I can't believe some of the stuff you've dropped over there...you still interested in doing a seminar on the Zel'dovich stuff?

Well, that barn has all sorts of shiny ponies in it. I lost a paper I probably shouldn't have had at the house during the last move that had all sorts of nice diagrams in. It really ticks me off that I lost that. I've tried to get another copy from ..ah..the original source but I can't pony up a reasonable need. They also might ask where the other one went. It had people's names in it, and dates and locations that projects were run, always a nice boost when you're trying to look up precursor research. Also some photos that I had to assume were from Zel'dovich's lab somehow. Ya never know.

Also, if you ever go through Bearden's web site for entertainment, his 'sarcophagus' which he never explains well for some reason has the "key" to exactly what he's talking about in the form of a diagram of one of Zel'dovich's apparatuses (apparati?) which he lifted from a powerpoint out at Kirtland. If you know the paper it came from, you know what Bearden's doing, or yammering about, anyway.

Oh, and a lot of stuff isn't on that other forum anymore, the threads are gone. At least the most overt stuff. The other guys got hauled in and biffed around too, but wizzywig lost his job and his clearance, he still occasionally posts (or someone does) but he won't respond to me anymore. jvoight0205 and I know each other IRL, he used to work for DIA, and he's the one they put the screws to to get me back in 2004. Heck, you used to get a lot of contractors and operators dropping stuff on that forum, it sort of stopped after 2004's debacle.

Fun fact: if you go through the various NK nuke dates over on that forum, you'll see me post the yields within an hour or two of the detonation, always with the note that this number is what the DOD has concluded internally. In the end, you will find that those are always the final numbers the gubmint ends up announcing days later. No one there has noticed the correlation.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Actually, it's worse than I thought. Pretty much any posts that swapped between wizzywig and myself are just...gone. Even relatively innocuous ones. One of our first exchanges, FWIW, were over a JWICS political 'wargame' exercise. The topic was "The US is presently engaged in a number of Middle East issues that seem to have no solution. Propose any idea that extricates the US from its current Middle East positions in a way that resolves these issues and leaves the US in an honorable position", more or less.

We proposed to vaccinate the US , GB and Israel against a fake swine flu outbreak, then disseminate a variant H1N1 modified for extreme lethality for which the 'swine flu' vaccine would protect the majority of the allied populace as if by magic. Problem solved. No more Arabs, Indians, Chinese, Russians et al. As I recall, I posted "Our enemies are one with last winter's snows. And our children will recolonize Europe and Africa", and put that verbatim in the (other forum that rhymes with snark) post.

Wizzywig was in that one for the State Department, and that's how we met on that other forum - he immediately recognized the 'solution' and posted 'you must be my long lost brother from (date of exercise)' - the State Department was on our side in the exercise, although the military was not. (odd) That entire set of posts is gone now. In fact, you can only find two or three posts where we appear together, and they're about sports. That's way worse than it was a few months ago.

late edit: except...for maybe this one - it's got references to a lot of the other threads that you can't find anymore.

too much info here...even though this one was left while they obliterated the other ones...
edit on 25-9-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Bedlam

And that is why I love this battle. It's always interesting to see the next counter move.

It is truly a "battle" -- a cold war between a group of colonial aggressors lead by a superpower working to subjugate an entire region and encircle Russia and China.

Would you be so mesmerized if someone installs their own rods-from-god system and tells Obama to bend over? Suppose such a power were not into playing chess and simply decide to launch?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

Welp, then they'd get a taste of Proteus, like the North Koreans. Although, IMHO, it's not worth doing unless you let them know why and how they just got handed their ass. Bush, he was a bit too pacifistic.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Tajlakz
reply to post by Bedlam

And hear I was afraid that you and the rest of the USS Kamikaze crew had gone through the blender...

Ah. And here is one of those old yet arcanely baffling references to the J.P. Beauchamp affair -

"Not asking you to blow any secrets, but have you ever seen some of the more esoteric shiat up close and personal? I used to be Mr Maxwell-wrote-the-book until I got a private demo of something simple but impossible after I called a "boss" a liar (more or less) to his face. ("Catch!")"

linky

Anywhere you see me say ("Catch!" 12 Nov 2004) it's a reference to Beauchamp. I've got some over on very old threads on milcom, too.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Yeah, I kept looking for "the other thread" for awhile before I realized it was the one that the dia nuked
Why they left the "mars attacks" one up baffled me...I guess your sewing metaphor fooled 'em lol. I'm guessing that one is still completely beyond the pale (proteus?).

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

The Wizz must've dropped something big for them to curb stomp him like that...or was it guilt by association?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

On that site, posting to an old topic does not pop it to the top. And in 2004, threads stayed open for comment eternally. So we had co-opted some months dead thread about some meaningless topic and camped out on it, using it as a sort of makeshift intellipedia chat room. A lot of people dropped in, we had guys from all over. And wiz, well, he dropped some very interesting info, some of which I knew but some I did not, at least not at that time. By 'very interesting' it sort of covered all sorts of crap that would be of immense interest here.

Heh. What sort of made it worse was that his former position was in AFOSI, somewhere on one of those threads there's a weird comment from wiz where he says out of nowhere 'did I ever represent myself as something different' or something like that, we were simul-conversing on several threads, on another (it must have been a veterans day thread?) we were all dropping our collective pants on what our previous MOSes were, and where we were stationed, and he let fly that he was a spook in the military, and I reacted by saying "Ah, jeez, I've been dumping info to a spook". Rather ironic, given the outcome.

When they dug us out of our hideyhole, it actually made the news, at least in the community.

eta: You may also see a reference to one-upsmanship where I tell him he wins the game, I'm not going further with a topic. We used to play chicken with dumping arcane references to projects to see who would flinch first. I think a few weeks previous we had hit a UFO thread and I had won the game by stating "Anyone ever wonder why they used to descend like falling leaves with a back and forth rocking motion, but now they come straight down?" to which he replied 'you win, if you get caught on that I can't protect you'

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You have a message, something you might be interested in.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Here's the one where he says he fears for your safety lol: www.fark.com...

/your score...can ya give us a clue mate?

Then there's that bad boy from May of '09 where you expound quite a bit more on the two different methods of goin plaid...Any way you could slip me that F.P. script?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

LMAO. I did used to post too much crap. Which one was May?

eta: I shelved it for something I could actually turn in. Only I had so much work going on I had to drop the class. I'm going to retake it, by then I should have finished the second one. You'd like that one too, but it's more fictional. At least the McGuffin is, the surrounding bits are still accurate.

At least, AFAIK it's fictional. Let's say, it's an extrapolation of stuff I tried real hard not to be involved in at all. Right now I'm strapped for a clean ending. Looks like the protagonist bites it, or at least has to appear to have.
edit on 26-9-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join