It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, My name is _________ and I HATE insurance companies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I hate insurance companies.

What about you?

TOP 5 Billion PROFIT

TOP 2 Billion PROFIT

TOP 845 million PROFIT

And don't forget Warren Buffet's company, Berkshire Hathaway:

175,000.00 per stock

(*as of this posting) Linky

Yes, 175,000 a share, which has a huge portion of the insurance industry under its bloated price.

The company is known for its control by investor Warren Buffett, who is the company's chairman, president and CEO. Buffett has used the "float" provided by Berkshire Hathaway's insurance operations (paid premiums which are not held in reserves for reported claims and may be invested) to finance his investments. In the early part of his career at Berkshire, he focused on long-term investments in publicly quoted stocks, but more recently he has turned to buying whole companies.

Look at that quoted text again:

(paid premiums which are not held in reserves for reported claims and may be invested)

You know what that means? It means that while you fork over your hard earned money every month so you can do things like, drive a car to get to work, or protect your family from accidents to your home, or, perhaps even cover some of the demands to your basic healthcare by having health insurance... these asshats are out gambling your money away.

Granted, Berk:A has never really been gambling, in fact, they see return over return year after year. Outperforming the index they are listed on and just about every other one as well.

Think of this in a micro sense, ten people pool their money together to cover each other in case of accident. To their body, car, house, etc. That fund sits there for a rainy day, perhaps they even begin paying less since they have all accumulated so much without any matters which caused them to dip into that fund.

That's not how insurance works, instead, they up your rates while they take that money to play roulette, and they win off your paid money, without keeping it around like you would had it been a small-personal-community-type insurance fund... They are blood sucking you for their own profit.

The part that irks me really, is how insurance is the law. You are forced to have insurance. And these bastards have the audacity to refuse certain people. Me personally, I don't have to worry. But recently I've witnessed people I know getting completely run over by insurance companies.

The worst part is I know so many ways around it, (Through corporate ownership, fictional "Persons", etc) that when I hear about a refusal, and in my head I know a seasoned lawyer or accountant could get the same policy for someone who doesn't exist, it really effin bothers me.

Just because someone had an accident in the past, or lived a certain way, does not mean they will be that way forever. Does not mean they should be denied, or offered rates 50x the going rate simply to deter them from getting a policy.

Insurance is a forced tax, one that has most people paying 10x the amount of every car they will ever own. House insurance? Cheap as hell but covers some of the most expensive things a person has. Health insurance? Just the tip of the iceberg.

Insurance companies + Lawyers = The bloodsucking drain on our new world.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

And don't forget Warren Buffet's company, Berkshire Hathaway:

Ah yes, the affable gentleman ukulele player who thinks we should all pay higher taxes.

It is my guess that he has, in fact, not been working on the railroad all the live-long day. He will, however, be delighted to blow your horn.

edit on 22-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

I am all for earned success, capitalism (the old style), etc. I like the fact that people can rise far above the rest (if deserved), but there is a point... a line that must be drawn.

Buffet has been sitting at the cash buffet too long.

The rules or loopholes that are in place are far beyond what is fair to the consumer. The people that profit off the top echelon of prime consumers should have to bear the burden of the bottom ones.

In my business I have to deal with some of the worst clientele, ones that not only berate my staff on site, but tear us apart later in online reviews. I can't decline their business, because I would lose it.

Certain types of retail or direct business to the public on items or services that are daily needs or daily wants, are often governed by the very core rules of capitalism.

Supply and demand. Consumer happiness = repeat, consistent business.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

boncho
reply to post by greencmp

I am all for earned success, capitalism (the old style), etc. I like the fact that people can rise far above the rest (if deserved), but there is a point... a line that must be drawn.

Buffet has been sitting at the cash buffet too long.

The rules or loopholes that are in place are far beyond what is fair to the consumer. The people that profit off the top echelon of prime consumers should have to bear the burden of the bottom ones.

In my business I have to deal with some of the worst clientele, ones that not only berate my staff on site, but tear us apart later in online reviews. I can't decline their business, because I would lose it.

Certain types of retail or direct business to the public on items or services that are daily needs or daily wants, are often governed by the very core rules of capitalism.

Supply and demand. Consumer happiness = repeat, consistent business.

Yes, I too am a believer in free markets as the only path to human cooperation and betterment.

I am firmly against monopolies and cronyism or government interference of any kind into the private interests and daily affairs of individuals.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Been there and unfortunately I am still there, I became deathly ill 20 years ago and my insurance carrier from work was the most rabid thing (besides a rabid fox) that I and the wife have ever encountered.

They jerked us around to no end, I went without any income for almost a year.
I had to borrow and beg to keep us in our home.

They ended up cutting me a check, for almost 50k but this was after the fact they screwed me big time indeed.
Plus all my money owed me payed at once cost me a bundle of tax money.

To this day they still pay me but they make me dance twice a year for medical tests, which I have to pay some parts for and travel money.

I reside in Canada and my Insurance company Is the Largest in the Land here.

Manulife finacial is the name.

My heart surgeon finally told them to bugger off unless you can prove that this man is not sick.

We had to drive out of town 100 K's each way with no money to do so, every time they asked for medical tests.

Yep I say screw the insurance companies big time.

I just got severely stresses typing this just thinking of how much they are worth and how much they ruined my life for nothing.

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

join