It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Detainment Story or: How I learned to Stop Feeling Safe in my own country and Hate Border Patrol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
On the media

Earlier this month, OTM producer Sarah Abdurrahman, her family, and her friends were detained for hours by US Customs and Border Protection on their way home from Canada. Everyone being held was a US citizen, and no one received an explanation. Sarah tells the story of their detainment, and her difficulty getting any answers from one of the least transparent agencies in the country.

Usually it is the Canadian border guards being orifices, but the US CBP have learned to be jerks too. Detained, and of course, electronic devices were examined. No cavity searches, but repeated frisking.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Sometimes, celebrating your diversity ... gets you what you asked for!
edit on 2192013 by Snarl because: Autocorrect

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by gariac

And, sometimes, celebrating your tyranny allows you to treat citizens like dirt....

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Ex_CT2

Snarl
reply to post by gariac

And, sometimes, celebrating your tyranny allows you to treat citizens like dirt....

Touche Mon Amie

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I must be living in a bubble of a state.

My immediate family is made up of resident aliens - most have been detained recently. We have yet to be F'd up like others have posted. I did get the chance to visit a FEMA camp, or detention facility as the judge called it, with zero hatred to the 'camp.' The workers there were friendly and paid bills like most of us.

Maybe the LEO's else where....other than the inbred south, harbor a hate that we can't see?

Dunno, call me ignorant because I don't live your life.

new topics

top topics

join