It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got all this great ideas but then nothing ever gets done....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It's strange because I have various lists of good website business ideas. I might get excited about something, I'll work feverishly on it. Then I'll launch it, but then likely pretty quickly I'll think "this is dumb" or something like that. And after a few days I'll get sort of nervous so I'll take it down. this has happened several times actually. Now just today I stumbled upon several more good website ideas which I'm taking a closer look at. But again I'm just not sure what to do as I don't want to keep spinning my wheels like this. I do have one good idea I'm getting close to launching. Which I'm hoping will work. It's kinda like my "Plan A", but I feel as if I should have a few more plans on the go just in case. Like I have no income so I have to start making some money asap. And all this stupid starting and stopping sure isn't helping. I'm not getting anywhere doing that. It's just stupid. Just not sure what I should be doing??? It's so annoying. Meanwhile it seems like everyday there's some new expense and no money coming in at all. Just don't know what to do here. If I could just get focused on one thing maybe I could get somewhere arrhhh.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Spart- Got anyBody that You can trust who isn't $$$-centric? Just to keep You on point. When the business is successful then You can buy out Your 'partner'. The negative attitude and self loathing, You'll find, is counterproductive if anything of value is to be obtained. You have to believe in You. Heck, | don't even KNOW You and | KNOW that You can do it. (yeah, it reads like |'m some Little League coach and You just struck out 3x but please, humor Me...)

What You type about is Your "ego" it thinks it is doing You a favor by keeping You out of harm's way (fear of failure) so You go along and up miserable. The 'self loathing' comes through Your post like the smell of cannabis at a Grateful Dead concert, Lose the 'hate', "stupid" and anything else that can be construed as "non-positive" There is enough grief and negativity and | don't mean just in Your post.

| believe in You, why don't You? There is no 'failure' that is just proving that the # didn't work that way, then move on. You can't do anything about "yesterday" or "before" You can only deal with NOW.

Change Your thought or You'll get what You always got.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I have no idea what your internet businesses are about. A comparison I make is what if I go to a flea market... I select the items to sell, box them up, load up the vehicle, get up early, drive out there, get in, find a spot and unload, then...

change my mind and close down before giving the buyers a chance to come around and buy my stuff.

That would seem like a useless exercise.

Give it time.

Like fishing. Let the bait soak awhile.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

my million dollar idea is to force people who post long ass threads to space their threads out or use the "enter" key. IF THEY REFUSE or USE CAPS THEY WILL RECIEVE A 50,000 VOLT SHOCK.

edit on 20-9-2013 by whouwanttob because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

spartacus699
It's strange because I have various lists of good website business ideas. I might get excited about something, I'll work feverishly on it. Then I'll launch it, but then likely pretty quickly I'll think "this is dumb" or something like that. And after a few days I'll get sort of nervous so I'll take it down. this has happened several times actually. Now just today I stumbled upon several more good website ideas which I'm taking a closer look at. But again I'm just not sure what to do as I don't want to keep spinning my wheels like this. I do have one good idea I'm getting close to launching. Which I'm hoping will work. It's kinda like my "Plan A", but I feel as if I should have a few more plans on the go just in case. Like I have no income so I have to start making some money asap. And all this stupid starting and stopping sure isn't helping. I'm not getting anywhere doing that. It's just stupid. Just not sure what I should be doing??? It's so annoying. Meanwhile it seems like everyday there's some new expense and no money coming in at all. Just don't know what to do here. If I could just get focused on one thing maybe I could get somewhere arrhhh.

I think the best thing you can do is choose a plan and then put 100% into making it happen. If it fails, it fails. Just take the lessons learned and apply them to your next idea. Flip flopping is the best way to ensure a new venture fails. I hope this advice helps.

Also when you choose the idea stop thinking up new ones until you create the one you decide on. Think of it like a novelist who never becomes a novelist because every time he starts a story he realizes half-way through that another story is better. If he would just stick with one idea and see it through then he'd have 10 books written(even if they need editing).

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Welcome to the world of ADD !?!

If you have good/ great Ideas, talk to your friends and let them know what they think, or get some outside observers that will tell you the truth, or their views in a honest manner.

You can't start making money overnight, you need to supplement your expenses by working other jobs and such before your ideas and plans start working.

Lastly, you need to relax or get some stress out, (exercise, work out, play guitar, read, MMA Fight, pray), not Booze, drugs and hookers!
Your mind can't work to its best ability if stressed, uptight, upset.

The main thing:
Plan your work, Work your Plan!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
So you'e putting up websites as an entrepreneurial exercise, and then taking them down before they begin to yield? And you want to know why your business plan isn't successful?

Who cares if its dumb? Everything on TV is dumb as hell, and its making money hand over fist. But to work on something, spending money on it, only to not finish the project, is what is dumb. Quit doing that.

A saying I have used before: "For the love of God I hope you run out of bullets soon. You just about don't have any feet left"

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LewisStulePhD

huh??

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
So you'e putting up websites as an entrepreneurial exercise, and then taking them down before they begin to yield? And you want to know why your business plan isn't successful?

Who cares if its dumb? Everything on TV is dumb as hell, and its making money hand over fist. But to work on something, spending money on it, only to not finish the project, is what is dumb. Quit doing that.

A saying I have used before: "For the love of God I hope you run out of bullets soon. You just about don't have any feet left"

Well what happens is my gutt starts to tell me what to do. My gutt instinct seems to kick in. And my gf who seems to get some kind of strange notions that I think are direct from God seems to know what is a good idea and what isn't. So for example I'll be almost asleep and my gutt will tell me "just take that dumb site down and work on your A game". And my gf seems to know too, she knows nothing about websites other than how to play simple games online but she seems to know as well. I get the impression it's God talking to her as odd as that may sound. So ya I'm linked up back with my old developer now and he's taking a look at fixing the damn site! Arrhhh it's just annoying because they screwed it up. And now I'm hoping they'll fix it and not end up charging me anything more for them to do so. So if all the stars align it might just take off. Especially since in just the last week we figured out some major problems that would have likely caused it to fail if we had previously launched it the way it was. So now it's gonna be a completely free site. But my hope is that it will go viral. if that happens the skys the limit. Ahhhh it's been like 9 months of work now. I just hope this works. It's driving me nuts. But ya I find that my gutt seems to often tell me what I should do and not do.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
You sound a lot like me! I have a list as long as my arm of business ideas. Somehow I managed to get one up and running (mainly out of desperation from hating my previous job) and it is going really well, DH and I make a modest living from it now.

I still have lots of days when I want to give it all up usually when I am having a bad day, and that is when I go back to my list and browse or add to it but I always find after a day or 2 I get a renewed enthusiasm for it. Maybe it is about not reacting straight away when you have had enough, take a step back and then go back to it and see how you feel then instead of scrapping it and moving on to something else.

It's good to choose one project and focus on it or you never get anything finished, trust me I have been there, I also know how hard this is haha!

I still constantly think one of my other ideas will be better but at least I have one up and running to support us financially while I ponder it.

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

spartacus699
reply to post by LewisStulePhD

huh??

What is to decipher? S L O W D O W N. You haven't a "problem"

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Since 90% or so of 1st websites fail due to a variety of reasons...youre ahead of the game already.
Trouble is, you've got to get one or two of them up and running FIRST...so you can fail...and then go on to great things with all you learned in putting out..and failing with the first one...!!!!

Try to remember this for inspiration tho...it might help you.
"Nothing passes by so quickly....as an opportunity missed!"

Get going...don't miss your opportunities! Good luck!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

spartacus699

bigfatfurrytexan

Well what happens is my gutt starts to tell me what to do. My gutt instinct seems to kick in. And my gf who seems to get some kind of strange notions that I think are direct from God seems to know what is a good idea and what isn't. So for example I'll be almost asleep and my gutt will tell me "just take that dumb site down and work on your A game". And my gf seems to know too, she knows nothing about websites other than how to play simple games online but she seems to know as well. I get the impression it's God talking to her as odd as that may sound. So ya I'm linked up back with my old developer now and he's taking a look at fixing the damn site! Arrhhh it's just annoying because they screwed it up. And now I'm hoping they'll fix it and not end up charging me anything more for them to do so. So if all the stars align it might just take off. Especially since in just the last week we figured out some major problems that would have likely caused it to fail if we had previously launched it the way it was. So now it's gonna be a completely free site. But my hope is that it will go viral. if that happens the skys the limit. Ahhhh it's been like 9 months of work now. I just hope this works. It's driving me nuts. But ya I find that my gutt seems to often tell me what I should do and not do.

ignore your gut. And ignore your girlfriend. She has her own job, her own work. My wife is a nurse. She wouldn't begin to tell me how to run my business. She wouldn't know where to begin. And when she thinks she does, I politely nod until she stops. Then I ignore her.

Come to think of it, ignore everyone here, to.

It sounds to me like what you call "gut instinct" is nothing more than that little voice of fear in the back of your head.

Honestly, you seem smart. YOu seem to know how to go about trying it. But you also show the immaturity of your age. The "well, i hit a hurdle so now I have to quit" mentality drives me absolutely nuts.

You need to try and fail for awhile. Gain some worldly perspective. When you do, you will understand that all the quit you have in you needs to be abandoned, traded for pure, intense tenacity. YOu should attack a project like a pit bull on a hambone.

Until you do this, you will always fail. Every. Single. Time.

Good luck....i am pulling for you.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

naaa I'm not gonna ignor my gutt that's completely stupid. my gutt is always right.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

spartacus699
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

naaa I'm not gonna ignor my gutt that's completely stupid. my gutt is always right.

Reading what you have written over the last couple of weeks...i would urge you to re-evaluate that belief. At least in the short term.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
sorry to just pipe up here like this, but I completely feel what you say. I'm a total arse for having big ideas and no final results. Like full on brain wave intricately awesome ideas, then a couple of days later it dies out, I feel like it's stupid and give it up.

even worse and more time consuming than that, I'm constantly switching between what I want to do. one week i'll be sewing like crazy, making a few pieces, starting a few ideas, really loving it. Then it wears off, and i'm uninspired, so i lay low for a few days then I start making graphics, and i'm bang at it hours upon hours, same # different medium. Til it happens again. And the cycle continues.

I'm also a #er for giving in on an idea just for 'thinking' it won't work. I'll make something, people'll love it but then i'll be like 'na, it's not practical / ethical / enjoyable / '

I think the respondees (is that even a word?) here have some great points and explanations and people like us should take heed. I definitely will be doing. At least until i get bored :p

Something i'd like to add from my own experience is that I have a bad habit of making too many demands of myself at any one time. I won't just plan to make something and see where the river flows, i'll plan on doing the whole taking over the world shebbang and feeling overloaded makes me exhausted and i get down about the whole thing and close the book. So be sure not to make too many demands of yourself. I'm sure the world's got enough of those as it is.

Big up for spending 9 months on your project
that's some serious achieving in my world. Best of luck with your website (if it's a procrastinators anonymous group please let me join). I'm sure whatever path you head down will lead you to where you need to be, and if your shamanic gut is ruling your intel brain, bring out the heart - he can be a fierce leader.

new topics

top topics

join