It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all physicists know, dragons could have come flying out of the singularity,"Niayesh Afshordi, a

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Goodbye Big Bang, hello black hole? A new theory of the universe's creation

Could the famed "Big Bang" theory need a revision? A group of theoretical physicists suppose the birth of the universe could have happened after a four-dimensional star collapsed into a black hole and ejected debris.

Before getting into their findings, let's just preface this by saying nobody knows anything for sure. Humans obviously weren't around at the time the universe began. The standard theory is that the universe grew from an infinitely dense point or singularity, but who knows what was there before?

"For all physicists know, dragons could have come flying out of the singularity," stated Niayesh Afshordi, an astrophysicist with the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Canada who co-authored the new study.
phys.org...
So what are the limitations of the Big Bang theory? The singularity is one of them. Also, it's hard to predict why it would have produced a universe that has an almost uniform temperature, because the age of our universe (about 13.8 billion years) does not give enough time—as far as we can tell—to reach a temperature equilibrium.

Most cosmologists say the universe must have been expanding faster than the speed of light for this to happen, but Ashford says even that theory has problems: "The Big Bang was so chaotic, it's not clear there would have been even a small homogenous patch for inflation to start working on."

hey,
It's all Greek to me.

edit on 093030p://bThursday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stormdancer777

I am afraid I am not a cosmologist and so cannot comment on the physics of it, but I noticed a comment by someone calling himself Q-Star who is warning against taking this too seriously. Perhaps he may be correct when he says -

The Perimeter Institute has some very brilliant and accomplished people associated with it. But this article drops the ball in a big way on this one. It's probably the fault of the popular writer more so than the Perimeter Institute.

1) This is not a developed "theory". It is a speculation that emerges from string theory and quantum loop gravity. It raises more questions than it answers,,, meaning it is not self-consistent.

2) The reporter does not make it clear that these journal articles and papers are often only meant to raise questions, not for the purpose of answering any unresolved questions. There is a correct way to approach the scientific literature, and it does not involve accepting at face any proposition just because of the standing of the author or institution.

3) There is nothing new in this paper, these ideas have been bandied around for more than 20 years.

Read more at: phys.org...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

It was obviously not a literal statement...
He was just saying it's all speculation.

He actually used dragons as an example BECAUSE it's not what happened. The point that was being made is that our understanding of the big bang is very immature.
edit on 19-9-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

plagiarism of Hyperresonance Theory by Omerbashich... who derived equations relating gravity with c but Wineland stole it from Omar and scored 2012 Nobel.

according to Omar 3D universes tidally dragging on each others... this "new" theory has just wrapped 3D universes into a package that no layman could ever grasp... yep, plagiarism aight... craftily done too

here :
hal.archives-ouvertes.fr...

source :

sites.google.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

I understood

the big bang is very immature.

I would agree, but then I am no expert.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

simpaticus

plagiarism of Hyperresonance Theory by Omerbashich... who derived equations relating gravity with c but Wineland stole it from Omar and scored 2012 Nobel.

according to Omar 3D universes tidally dragging on each others... this "new" theory has just wrapped 3D universes into a package that no layman could ever grasp... yep, plagiarism aight... craftily done too

here :
hal.archives-ouvertes.fr...

source :

sites.google.com...

wow, that's interesting, thanks

edit on 123030p://bFriday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ReturnoftheSonofNothing

Thanks son.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

stormdancer777
reply to post by HairlessApe

I understood

the big bang is very immature.

I would agree, but then I am no expert.

I said our understanding was immature, not the big bang itself... I'm wondering if you responded in such a fashion purposely.

top topics

join