It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police serve warrant to wrong home, shoot family dog

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LewisStulePhD

Thank you for your perspective Lewis. To be sure, I am no hater of Law Enforcement in general. My Grandfather was retired Los Angeles Police officer and I have known many wonderful officers over the years.

I agree that no good can come of the continued, across the board support for mistakes like this one and it does indeed make an already difficult job even harder for those officers out there that are in it for all the right reasons.

Penny

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

greencmpPolice dogs are actually considered to be colleagues, they get revenge killings and funerals.

So in a cops eyes civilians are lower than dogs?
Nice to see someone actually say it.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

VforVendettea

greencmpPolice dogs are actually considered to be colleagues, they get revenge killings and funerals.

So in a cops eyes civilians are lower than dogs?
Nice to see someone actually say it.

Fair is fair, that Jack Booted Thug that shot the dog thusly then should get SHOT.

I know this is very unenlightened, but you threaten "mine" (family, friends or my dogs/horses) and you're going to get planted. You kill mine, before you're planted all that you love will be planted first.

Quoting from the Punisher... "in certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment. "

Derek

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LewisStulePhD

More likely than not, these raids are due to criminal informants. The trouble is the CI learns how to play the cops instead of the other way around.

The whole CI business is simply out of control. We have CIs committing crimes under FBI or OGA protection.

en.wikipedia.org...

The House of Death started out as a story on Narco News and The Expertwitness Radio show, and months later, a small bit on NPR, giving no credit to Bill Conroy of Narco News.

Anyway, where i hear or read these stories about the raid and the family dog getting shot, I am 100% sure some worthless CI is involved. The damn CI probably plants drugs as well so he can get good busts.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

What do you think that the cops would have done if the shoe were on the other foot and THEIR police dog was shot by the homeowner, assuming that the assault on their dwelling was a home invasion robbery, rape, or murder attempt?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I would agree with you that the CI programs are flawed on so many levels that a new thread on that particular subject is probably in order.

From what I can gather this event occurred in the attempt to serve a warrant. It seems to me that as long as officials excuse these kinds of "mistakes" we will see no attempt at improving investigation skills. In cases like this one, as Wrabbit pointed out in an earlier post, If law enforcement exercised due diligence by using the tools they already have available to them, innocent families would not be subjected to this kind of needless violence.

Penny

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join