It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only in America…Mindless Violence again!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

MASS SHOOTING AT DC NAVY YARD
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Here we go again. Only in America is violence so mindless and random.

Only in America are innocent people killed by spree killers now on an average of probably one incident a month.

Only in America will there be speculation and conspiracy theories that this one incident like the others is a black op and NWO plot to take away guns from the masses and do away with the sacred 2nd amendment.

Only in America will we have conservatives form a hive mentality to defend their precious guns.

Only in America will we now have the Liberals blaming this all on guns and not people.

Only in America

Come on boys…Gear up the madness machine!

[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You're right! Only in America do mass shootings like this happen in such sensless ways.

China stabbing spree hurts 22 schoolchildren

In other nations, they murder and seriously injure people by the dozens using other tools..like Knives, baseball bats and rolling pins. I'm not sure the people feel better for it....

However.. It's beyond silly to use a tragedy like this to make some political point against America, isn't it? It seems downright cold and opportunistic when we don't have full detail of what has happened here yet.

I'll bet it'll be tonight before all reports start agreeing with each other and we can really trust much of anythin, IMO.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Just out of interest, where do you think this problem has stemmed from?

Is it orchestrated for an agenda? If not where is this problem arising from?

What is causing these people to go on shooting sprees?

I believe personally media fuels these atrocities, people see a way for fame and a place in history. Who would have heard their names otherwise?...no one.

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Not a good example mate, no Chinese children were killed, only hurt. Big difference.

link   

I hope you have your sarcasm button turned on. If not, maybe you should read more international news before making an "Only in America" statement.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Only in America are innocent people killed by spree killers now on an average of probably one incident a month.

If you want to compare police state violence (which is pandemic) to spree killers, I think you will discover what the real threat to our safety is.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Oh I think it's an outstanding example. If we are going to judge the horror of attacks on innocent people strictly by effectiveness and body count at the end? Society has become worse than the people starting the attacks.

I'd say 20+ children cut up with a knife is no better than people shot at the US Navy Yard, if we're on a thread saying the Navy Yard is an example of America gone bad ...which.. it seems we are.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Willtell

MASS SHOOTING AT DC NAVY YARD
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Here we go again. Only in America is violence so mindless and random.

Only in America will there be speculation and conspiracy theories that this one incident like the others is a black op and NWO plot to take away guns from the masses and do away with the sacred 2nd amendment.

Only in America will we have conservatives form a hive mentality to defend their precious guns.

Only in America will we now have the Liberals blaming this all on guns and not people.

Only in America

Come on boys…Gear up the madness machine!

[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/

Disgusting and Ignorant. You seem like the type to take any opportunity to subvert eh? This post seems like trolling, but is disguised to make it appear "legitimate". Anyone else agree?

If it is legitimate... what about this?

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 16-9-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

and this?

www.nbcnews.com...

or this?

www.jewishpress.com...

or what about this?

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 16-9-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Kudos for being the poster boy/girl for the term "Manufactured Outrage".

Bad thing happen to good people every day in every country on this planet! Violence is not isolated to just the US!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
what about the norway shootings in 2011? The guy killed 77 people and is only sentenced for 21 years.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Lets wait a bit before we start with the "mindless violence" nametag. We don't know what the shooter(s) was/were trying to accomplish. Seeing as this base is located in DC, and is relatively close to the center of national government there could have been something or someone that was important enough to become a target that someone needed to neutralize. If there are three shooters it is less likely to be mindless, since planning would be required. I don't have any more justification for that claim than you do for the mindless violence one, so why don't we just hold on for a bit before we decide?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Spree killings only happen in the US?

en.wikipedia.org...

Sort each region by date

You will see that you're WRONG
edit on 16-9-2013 by ruderalis1 because: (no reason given)

link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Kryties

Oh I think it's an outstanding example. If we are going to judge the horror of attacks on innocent people strictly by effectiveness and body count at the end? Society has become worse than the people starting the attacks.

I'd say 20+ children cut up with a knife is no better than people shot at the US Navy Yard, if we're on a thread saying the Navy Yard is an example of America gone bad ...which.. it seems we are.

Thats right we make sure we have the right people (the crazy ones) with right tools to the job right. Go big or go home. A nutter with a knife causing some flesh wounds? Get out of here. Do it right or do not do it at all.

link   

Ever notice how everything is inverted?

More guns are the solution to gun violence
More bombing and droning are the solution to deliver peace.
More totalitarian surveillance is the solution to deliver freedom.

reject inversion. Pull yer head out of the dark place. Read "1984".

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Navy Yard: Several Dead.

Chinese Incident: No-one dead.

How on earth can you even begin to link those two together or use the Chinese stabbings as an example is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
We can't blame the OP, yes these things happen all over the world, but no where else on earth is it force fed to us constantly.

Let's blame the real culprits, the media. It's them that shove this in our faces, a shooting gets more news coverage than a bomb in Iraq that kills 40.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Another false flag on the same order as Sandy Hook and the Boston Bombing???..........believe nothing that they say. Beware for they are going after the 2nd amendment in full force.

edit on 16-9-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Kryties

Don't focus on that one example too hard. Myopic perspective prevents understanding, look at all the rest in the world.

link   
Only in America?

Do you read? Listen to international news? Forums? Do you pay any attention to what's going on outside of America?

To quote a cliche here at ATS; "Obvious troll is obvious."

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

MrSpad

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Kryties

Thats right we make sure we have the right people (the crazy ones) with right tools to the job right. Go big or go home. A nutter with a knife causing some flesh wounds? Get out of here. Do it right or do not do it at all.

Statists keep saying that only the police and military should be trusted with arms. Most likely this shooter was one of those "trusted" government employees and really has between jack and shinola to do with the right to keep and bear arms by citizens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join