It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hands off Islam

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Is why they embrace death because once they are all dead they will meet Allah and that is when they get their virgins?

I'm afraid all they'll be getting is a handful of small raisins.

According to an Islam tradition, Muslim martyrs will go to paradise and marry 72 black-eyed virgins.
But some Koran scholars point to a less sexy paradise. While beautifully written, Islamic texts are often obscure. The Arabic language was born as a written language with the Koran, and growing evidence suggests that many of the words were Syriac or Aramaic.

Specifically, the Koran says martyrs going to heaven will get “hur,” and the word was taken by early commentators to mean “virgins,” hence those 72 concubines. But in Aramaic, hur actually meant “white” and was commonly used to specifically mean “white grapes.”

The philologist Christoph Luxenburg notes that grapes would actually make more sense, because the text compares them to crystal and pearls, and because contemporary accounts have paradise abounding with fruit, especially white grapes.

www.dailygalaxy.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Raisins? Well that would certainly be a just reward but what a shock for them. You know they don't blow themselves up expecting raisins.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by silencer

What about the Christians being persecuted in the Middle East, like Iraq, or Pakistan, and to a lesser degree Egypt and other countries.

Why haven't the Iraqi-Christians, who have been kicked out of their homes, had their churches bombed, been kidnapped, raped, slaughtered, etc, etc, etc.... WHY don't they start suicide-bombing themselves?

I'll tell you why: Because Christianity doesn't teach that. It teaches to love your enemies. Pray for them. Accept the persecution. "Turn the other cheek"... Islam is different. It is not as peaceful.

There are good things about Islam. I really think so... BUT most of it overlaps with Christianity anyway. Muhamed and the Koran & Hadith brought the morality down from Christianity. Sharia Law is more like the Old Testament / Jewish Law.

Example:
Jews said to stone adulterers.
Jesus said NOT to stone adulterers.
Muhamed said to stone adulterers, again.

This is just one example of many. I can mention divorce too, same thing. Jew=divorce allowed. Jesus=NO divorce. Muslims=divorce allowed again.

Would you like more examples?

Like I said, there are good things in Islam, but Christianity already contains most of it anyway, plus more.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

So you are trying to make this a Islam vs Christianity thing?

So, if Iran manages to have the best military tomorrow and invades US. They bomb your house and kill your family, what are you gonna do, turn the other cheek??

This moral high ground the west tries to put itself on is one of the major problems. Even if the situation was reversed, people would still act the same.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
What about the Christians being persecuted in the Middle East, like Iraq, or Pakistan, and to a lesser degree Egypt and other countries.

Please give examples of Christian being persecuted on a daily basis. Please provide examples of a Muslim country invading and occupying a western nation. Please provide examples of incidents where hundred of thousands of Christian were killed by Muslim soldiers and called collateral damage.

As someone smart said once, Can you tell me what the Iraqi military uniform looks like? Who are the occupying forces killing over there? Who are the people suffering most?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Otts

But be baptised into what? The false christian catholic harlot church? The true Yeshua never forced Himself on anyone.
Many abominations have been commited in the false name jesus, or or in greek iseuse, which means; man of zeus, but no abominations have been commited in the true name Yeshua, which means Yah is Salvation, or more literally; I AM Salvation

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yes, and let it be an occassion for testimony... That IS what it means to be a christian.. Hard huh? Because even in the midst of persecution, we are to love our enemy enough to forgive them.. Imagine it.... You are a invader who tries to get me to renounce my faith, i refuse and use that occassion for an opportunity for testimony, to give the gospel and forgive my oppressors. Killing me would sear their conscience.. If you were to punch me in the face, and i was to respond by saying "I love you, and forgive you," and you do it again and get the same response, will you feel guilty? Would you question yourself?
To return evil for evil is why the world is the way it is. An eye for an eye creates nations of blindmen causing the whole world to falls into a ditch.. Sound familiar?
It takes more strength to forgive than to hate. That is what separates the true christian from the false.. They always choose the narrow hard path.. Try it some time..

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Darfur, malaysia (the pics are really good, you should do a search), egypt, palastinian gaza, israel, arab emeritz, infact every arab state, somalia, Nigeria, pakistan, afganistan, china and the list goes on.. Frankly, you dont have a clue!!! Research!

[edit on 033030p://f07Friday by Selahobed]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed

Darfur, malaysia (the pics are really good, you should do a search), egypt, palastinian gaza, israel, arab emeritz, infact every arab state, somalia, nigeria, pakistan, afganistan, china and the list goes on.. Frankly, you dont have a clue!!! Research!

In addition, you can dig up (if you really want to, which I don't recommend) video of decapitation by members of Al Shabab, of a poor man for just being in possession of the Bible, on Valentine's Day.

I know that Islam can be a legitimate religion and a positive force in society, but it still takes the cake when it comes to fringe fanatics and lunatic murderers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join