It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$9 Trillion Missing From Federal Reserve

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Don't know when this occurred.Questions to the Inspector General about missing money. No answers!

Mentions Bloomberg as source but a very quick search did not produce story.

Money, money, who has the money?
edit on 14-9-2013 by Magister because: Tried to fix video but no luck

edit on 14-9-2013 by Magister because: Working now

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
psssst!! if you guys need somewhere to hide the money for a few days...

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

She can't identify who the recipient of over 1 trillion dollars was?!?! This entire hearing is laughable, WTH?
Even though this is 2 years old, it still reflects the tripe of the FR and a corrupt system. How come any results of this inquiry remain off the radar? Geez, next time I am questioned about something important, I'll just claim the issue is under review * thumb down *

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Whos the guy asking the questions?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I thought I had seen this before.

This was actually posted in June.

In any event it is truly pathetic, and what I would call "Pi$$ Poor Management of Funds".

I just wonder why No One will Ever be accountable.

It is about time to put a bullet in the head of the Federal Reserve and Put it out of OUR Misery.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Here's some Bloomberg, and CNN money, links,

U.S. Taxpayers Risk $9.7 Trillion on Bailout Programs

Feb. 9 2009

The stimulus package the U.S. Congress is completing would raise the government’s commitment to solving the financial crisis to $9.7 trillion, enough to pay off more than 90 percent of the nation’s home mortgages.

The Federal Reserve, Treasury Department and Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation have lent or spent almost $3 trillion over the past two years and pledged up to $5.7 trillion more. The Senate is to vote this week on an economic-stimulus measure of at least $780 billion. It would need to be reconciled with an $819 billion plan the House approved last month.

Fed made $9 trillion in emergency overnight loans

December 1, 2010

The Federal Reserve made $9 trillion in overnight loans to major banks and Wall Street firms during the financial crisis, according to newly revealed data released Wednesday.

The loans were made through a special loan program set up by the Fed in the wake of the Bear Stearns collapse in March 2008 to keep the nation's bond markets trading normally.

Secret Fed Loans Gave Banks $13 Billion Undisclosed to Congress

Nov 27, 2011

The Federal Reserve and the big banks fought for more than two years to keep details of the largest bailout in U.S. history a secret. Now, the rest of the world can see what it was missing.

The Fed’s Secret Liquidity Lifelines

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

This is really, really, really old....

Posted so many times already.
edit on 14-9-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well...I've heard of dog and pony shows and now I've finally seen one!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You're missing the point. 9 million isn't missing because it never existed in the first place. The US government uses the federal reserve to create fiat currency out of thin air that only ever exists as 1s and 0s in a world bank data frame.

Money can not be missing if it never existed in the first place. This is why the Federal Reserve can not and will not ever be audited. Should Americans ever find out the true nature of our banking system, revolution would only be a day away.

1s and 0s can't be misplaced, what is being misplaced is accountability. make no mistake

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

onequestion

Alan Grayson. He's the man. Seriously, look him up because I think he'll be our president someday. At least I hope so.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Fact is, it was never there.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

If it's the same story from a few years ago the inquiry was in regards to huge guarantees and capital infusions that were apparently off the books. It was later discovered that by order of the State Department and the Treasury that the movement of cash and credit to international sources be kept confidential and thus off the books. Essentially the money was given to other central banks and international banks in foreign countries, something we now know was done on a large scale since 2008 but has never been formally recognized.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

9 million isn't missing

You are Exactly Correct.

It is 9 TRILLION that is missing.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Crooks questioning crooks. LOL

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Helious
You're missing the point. 9 million isn't missing because it never existed in the first place. The US government uses the federal reserve to create fiat currency out of thin air that only ever exists as 1s and 0s in a world bank data frame.

Money can not be missing if it never existed in the first place. This is why the Federal Reserve can not and will not ever be audited. Should Americans ever find out the true nature of our banking system, revolution would only be a day away.

The Federal Reserve is audited frequently and published accounts. Many people know what the nature of the banking system is. There is no revolution.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Crooks questioning crooks. LOL

Please provide evidence to Grayson's crookedness. I hope it is not just because he is on the left.
ETA: Perhaps you are saying most politicians are crooks in general, in which I will agree, for the most part.
edit on 14-9-2013 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

The Federal Reserve is audited frequently and published accounts.

But not a full audit it seems.

Why does Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke consider an audit of the Federal Reserve to be a "nightmare scenario" that must be avoided at all costs?
Well, perhaps it is because there has never been a true comprehensive audit of the Federal Reserve since it was created back in 1913.
The Federal Reserve has more power over the economy than anyone else in the country does, and yet they are virtually unaccountable and the American people have very little idea what has been going on behind closed doors over at the Fed for the past 100 years.
A very limited audit of the Fed that was passed a couple of years ago that examined transactions during the last financial crisis discovered that the Federal Reserve had actually loaned out more than 16 trillion dollars in nearly interest-free money to the "too big to fail" banks between 2007 and 2010.
Keep in mind that U.S. GDP for the entire year of 2011 was only slightly more than 15 trillion dollars.
The Federal Reserve loaned out trillions upon trillions of dollars to their friends and never told the American people about it.
Whoa.
You would think that Congress would be quite eager to see what else has been going on over at the Federal Reserve.
But instead, many Democrats are completely and utterly opposed to auditing the Fed any further.
For example, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner once stated that auditing the Fed is a "line that we don’t want to cross" and that if we did audit the Fed it would be "problematic for the country".

theeconomiccollapseblog.com...
"I think the whole idea that they can deal in trillions of dollars and know that nobody is allowed to ask them a question is a moral hazard." - Ron Paul
I did not realize the democrats were resisting this move.

"The bill essentially removes the prohibitions against a full audit," Paul said during Tuesday's debate on the bill. He was referring to current rules that allow the Government Accountability Office to audit most aspects of the Fed, but not monetary policy decisions.

"To audit, we should know what kind of transactions there are," Paul said. "We should know about the deals that they made when they were fixing the price of Libor. These are the kinds of things that have gone on for years that we have no access to."

Read more: thehill.com...
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Cuervo

onequestion

Alan Grayson. He's the man. Seriously, look him up because I think he'll be our president someday. At least I hope so.

Grayson is after the Fed as Ron Paul was and he makes a lot of sense just like RP. Here is another good Alan Grayson moment.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Read this article, the total bailout was 29 trillion dollars out of thin air.

www.economonitor.com...’s-obfuscation-continues-the-fed’s-29-trillion-bail-out-of-wall-street/

On to the next crisis

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It's only tangible money at the common man's level where it is used to exchange one's time and effort with anothers, or their production output results. On the FED level it's just numbers in a database that mean nothing. The common man thinks +/- trillions means money they could buy things with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join