It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

radiation levels still rising since last week.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
enenews.com...

it's now 30 times higher than last sunday.

and yahoo news is reporting that the groundwater is getting worse

news.yahoo.com...

TEPCO said groundwater showed radiation readings of 3,200 becquerels per litre..... government limits are 10 becquerels per litre in drinking water.

the news just keeps getting worse. it's snowballing out of control.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Great site. Thanks!
This one seems more worrying to me...
enenews.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well done who ever chose Japan as host of the next olympic games....
The olympic torch wont be needed that year because -

EVERYTHING IN JAPAN WILL BE GLOWING IN THE DARK FOR THE NEXT TWO CENTURIES TO COME DUE TO RADIATION..

edit on 14-9-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hana1

enenews.com... ch-day-at-plant-nytimes-tepcos-figures-assume-all-water-ent

another frightening article saying that the 300 tones of water they claimed was going into the ocean is more like 600 tones. i think they really don't have a clue how much it is.

and yes, the cores are most likely melting into the ground. that's been assumed for a while.
edit on 14-9-2013 by pasiphae because: add last 2 sentences

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Well the ocean did cause the problem maybe the Japanese are getting revenge on the ocean?

Bad joke I know! It's a serious situation which deserves alot more attention than it's getting in the mainstream

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I guess the reactor cores aren't stable anymore.....going deeper? This ain't good.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

were they ever "stable"?? no one has been able to figure that out have they?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

No, they haven't... I think the only indicator up to now that they have somehow found an equilibreum to become stable was the lack of strange blue and green light seen from the depths of some of the ruins and the spiking numbers. All that's been quiet until quite recently. Something changed...and it could be as simply as ground shifting in just the wrong way, once. After all, the flow of minor to moderate quakes has been steady and pretty much non-stop off-shore since the first one...from what I've watched on quake feeds, anyway.

I think it could always have gotten worse though, which is why I hadn't much worried and felt free to speculate based on all I've researched and learned on this nightmare from the start....until now anyway. Now, I'm pretending like that place doesn't exist and waiting for something to develop so a direction of future action is at last hinted at. Are the stupid things headed through the Earth's Mantle to make Mt. Fukushima in the aftermath or just going to pollute the Pacific for generations? Hard to say, eh?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I don't know if this is why but the ground under this thing is sinking. I didn't know that three rods were lost until yesterday either. Just woke up so will find the link in a bit but one could assume they are somewhere under this thing so are maybe causing it to soften the ground.

enenews.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Unit 4 has had serious foundation rebuilding and reconstruction. Cryptome shows photos of how they dug out one side of the building foundation and poured new reinforced concrete. I think that solved that problem for the time being. It had better have...with the insane design of these reactor buildings putting the fuel rods at the highest point of the building, like the sword of Damocles, sitting above everyone, all the time. I'll bet they never thought of it that way before this happened, either......but how could anyone working in a design like this around the world not think of it that way now?

That whole place was ill conceived. Gee... What could ever possibly go wrong with a Nuclear reactor station less than 200 meters from the open and untamed Pacific ocean, anyway? It's not like shorelines EVER shift or change, right? It'd be funny to look back on, perhaps, except for how many around the world still sit close enough to open ocean waters to need salt spray cleaned off exterior surfaces occasionally.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

You are right wrabbit, and do not forget generator placement, GE brings good things to..... The tri-core issue is my biggest immediate threat, the SFPs are no peach, but two uncontrolled cores in a crust of earth, meeting or cross-fussion is bound to effect plates and or pressure/ tempature pockets. And if all three meet up, there will be a party. This is the new normal, and as our wonderful leaders lead us to glory, at least we will need no light for the path......

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

I'm almost afraid to ask as I haven't seen a real and viable report for what it would do...even among the doom and gloom places I occasinally look.

What happens if all three do start feeding off and reacting to each other...outside contained settings, beneath the foundations? What does happen to earth, rock and stone after it's irradiated non-stop to insanely high levels? Does anyone even know?

Will we one day see the whole site just vanish into the ground like the ending of "Poltergeist" because of liquefaction of everything below?

Perhaps even worse to ask .... IS there any known or theoretical way to GET one of those cores if they are below grade at this point and effectively buried, perhaps going deeper? I was always taught growing up after 3 Mile Island and the fears of what might have been, that a true uncontrolled and uncontained Melt Down was doomsday stuff for the region, if nothing else.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

from what i understand there is no way to ever contain the cores if they have actually gone through the building and are now in the ground. i think everything is just theory at this point because this has never happened before. the whole thing could blow up...... or it could just remain like it is.

what happens if another quake hits? i guess i should say WHEN another quake hits.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Here is an endoscope view of inside the containment vessel, from Jan 2012 Looks like the core is still glowing but it has not melted through the base, it is still there. The rest of the inside of the vessel seems ok, pipes, girder, valves. Why don't we see some more recent endoscope images? Yes, all the little specks on the video are from radiation affecting the camera sensor when it is closest to the core.
The core should have cooled much more by now, lets see what it looks like now Tepco.

Inside the Fukushima I Nuke Plant Reactor 2 Containment Vessel

www.youtube.com...

It is not plutonium glowing in the Fuku video, but maybe as a matter of interest, 'hot' Plutonium will glow for years, and they use it to power many spacecraft that go too far from the Sun for solar panels to work, and also Curiosity rover uses a plutonium power source. The radiation given off is alpha, and does not need much shielding at all, but they use very tough casing in case there is an accident on lift-off and it falls back to earth. Even if it did fall to earth, there is no contamination from it, as it is insoluble, there are no particles coming off it, only the alpha rays.

upload.wikimedia.org...

A wiki page:
Plutonium-238
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

here is a video that explains why the reactor is where it is and why the cooling pools are on the top.

www.youtube.com...

i don't know how to embed a video so if someone could do that it would be appreciated

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
and lets all hope the typhoon that is headed for japan doesn't dump the 15" of predicted rain right on top of the site!! i guess we'll know pretty soon.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

Janurary was a long long time ago...and things weren't steaming, boiling and being called totally out of control, then. Err.. Hmm... Anyone else have film of the other Core(s) that are in different stages of meltdown? There is more than one, of course...and none of those have been recovered or even stabilized in any way that I know of? They can't get close enough, long enough to accomplish anything more than a peek..and usually? Not even that much.

Alpha is a biggie..but the raw fuel material blown into the open Pacific waters in 2011, now being added to by millions of gallons regularly from where it all came from, has to be having quite an impacty and far far widern on spectrum than simply Alpha emissions.

* For those who don't know... Alpha is an insanely dangerous...but also, comically EASY form of radiation to both shield and kill or die from. The Russian defector, Alexander Litvinenko, was killed by Alpha radiation poisoning. Using that is how they could drop him in Metro London without killing half the city along with him. A mere piece of paper is all the shielding needed in most cases. Amazing huh?

The problem is.... Look at Litvinenko. Look at how he died....and recall Fuku sits in a Fishing nation along some of the most carefully nurtured and tended fishing ground in the world. I do hope we don't eat any in the future whose last meal happened to include a little bit of material producing that energy. In contact with organic material? Alpha is exceptionally destructive.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
why aren't tepco telling us where the actual fuel is, for starters!
By now, they must have some definitive proof, of how far deep it is, in what condition it is and what it is doing.

It is concerning that all that endless water there spraying on 'it' is being stored in giant balloons, on the coast, beside the reactor.. they're all leaking, they're vulnerable and wobbly.. imagine all that water breaking loose in minor earthquake and flushing down over the nuclear site and into the sea.

would such a sudden tidal wave of water gushing down the hill from bursting tanks cause significant damage to our current recover efforts? equipment lost, radiated, current fixings in place coming loose?

would instant mass water dumped cause a steam type explosion further f***ing things up?

Seriously, 3yrs now we've had.. 3 reactors cooking and releasing emissions into the sky and the ocean. How long did Chernobyl last, that was 1 reactor!?!

I'm lucky, I'm in the southern hemisphere and will miss the main toxic atmosphere, but if I was in LA or on the Western seaboard id be seriously considering a move!

edit on 16-9-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Agit8dChop
why aren't tepco telling us where the actual fuel is, for starters!
By now, they must have some definitive proof, of how far deep it is, in what condition it is and what it is doing.

It is concerning that all that endless water there spraying on 'it' is being stored in giant balloons, on the coast, beside the reactor.. they're all leaking, they're vulnerable and wobbly.. imagine all that water breaking loose in minor earthquake and flushing down over the nuclear site and into the sea.

would such a sudden tidal wave of water gushing down the hill from bursting tanks cause significant damage to our current recover efforts? equipment lost, radiated, current fixings in place coming loose?

would instant mass water dumped cause a steam type explosion further f***ing things up?

Seriously, 3yrs now we've had.. 3 reactors cooking and releasing emissions into the sky and the ocean. How long did Chernobyl last, that was 1 reactor!?!

I'm lucky, I'm in the southern hemisphere and will miss the main toxic atmosphere, but if I was in LA or on the Western seaboard id be seriously considering a move!

edit on 16-9-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

Actually they said where they estimate the molten Cores and it seams like
that their Theory is working!

They don't spray endless Amounts of Water into the Containments
but just about ca. 15m3 for all three Reactors.

Not all Tanks are leaking and also a Quake do not mean automatically harm.
In fact we had a few Hundred of Quakes since 3/11 in that Area and some was very rough.

A Flush or Wave of contaminated Water from this Tanks will do not much.

The Accident happened not even 1.000 Days ago and until now we are in the
planned Time Frame!

Chernobyl was not contained until now, the fragments of Fuel are all around
and even the Caterpillars, Helicopter and other Tools are not in a safe Cask,
the Reactor in the open Environment and the famous Elephant Feet is still in the Cellar.

Chernobyl was and is really bad and People who use it as a Argument should read
about it one more Time!

top topics

join