It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinwalker Ranch - a theory

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
So I listened to one of the ATS live shows where George Knapp was a guest, I've also listened to a few interviews in which he talks about Skinwalker Ranch. I even went out and got the book "Hunt for the Skinwalker". This thread deals with material from these sources.

I wonder if any of you recall the Sci-Fi movie, "The Sphere"? If you haven't, it's worth a watch.(Spoiler alert)

If I understood it correctly the Sphere enabled the scientists to manifest their thoughts in reality once they entered it, amplifying both the conscious and the subconscious. They obviously didn't know this and they eventually became their own worst enemy, all the while thinking they were dealing with an intelligent alien life form. People fear the unknown, which is probably why their fears were the first to materialize.

Could the same thing be going on at Skinwalker? I know this theory isn't enough to explain all the goings on at the ranch, and I would not even go so far as to say that there isn't some form of intelligence involved. It is the random, unrepeatable nature of some of the events that make me suspicious. It was said that the scientists always felt that the entity was always one step ahead of them, that it always knew their intentions, as if it were able to read their thoughts.

1) The instances of items that went missing, and the groceries that were found repacked in a shopping bag
2) The bulls that were loaded into a trailer
3) The "giant" wolf that approached the family when they just arrived at the ranch
4) The "RV" spaceship that landed close to the house, and the humanoid inside the spacecraft that was staring directly at the house
5) The mutilations that occurred only minutes after members of the family had seen the particular animal alive and healthy
6) The portal which was seen by the scientists, and the damage to their camera equipment

Each of the above are occurrences in which the entity does something specifically in order to get the attention of the particular person(s) involved.

For number 1 - The entity didn't misplace items that were rarely used, it took items whose absence would be noticed
For number 2 - The four bulls that were loaded into the trailer were the prize bulls of the Gorman's. Losing these bulls would mean financial ruin
For number 3 - This giant wolf approaches the family (unusual behavior), spends a bit of time around them, then tries to drag one of their cattle off. Multiple gunshots didn't have much effect on the animal, which then calmly left the area. It is a show of strength and fearlessness that gave all members of the family chills.
For number 4 - It is almost as if the entity knew very well that Ellen Gorman was at home by herself. This is an extremely terrifying situation for any person, alone at home, to be in
For number 5 - Mutilations are undoubtedly disturbing, but having a mutilation occur in broad daylight, only minutes after you yourself has seen the animal alive and well is even more frightening. The entity could have chosen any animal on the ranch, at any time.
For number 6 - The scientists approached this as in investigation. They weren't concerned for their livelihoods, or their own family members. They were after the evidence, which is something that continued to elude them. There were numerous experiences, just no evidence. It was as if the entity knew what they wanted but wouldn't let them have it.

To me the following could be possibilities:
1) The events and activity on the ranch are being manifested by the residents, consciously/unconsciously.
2) The entity is able to read minds and is intentionally playing on the fears of the residents. Perhaps this is simply a show of superiority

Please share your thoughts or any experiences you have with something like this.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bagel

I guess anything is possible. I've often wondered if a lot of the Paranormal events that occur are some form of semi intelligent energy that somehow influences us as well as manifests our fears to some extent.
Think about EVP. If these voices that they pick up are actually real to some extent, They(energy or entitites) could be influencing all of us daily. Whispering in our ears...

The SW story is an interesting story. I haven't read the book yet but it's on my list and I've tried to read or watch anything on the web that I could find.
Here's the thing though...
I haven't really seen any pics or vids that show any of these things that purportedly have happened.
It's just testimony as far as I have seen. If I'm wrong please point me in the right direction but whenever I look for images or videos on SkinWalker, it's always someone telling a story or someone taping in the desert somewhere with very little to go on.
So that's all we really have in the end... someone's story.
Not saying they are lying but it doesn't help the credibility of the events.
I've also had quite a few experiences in my lifetime.
Maybe I should write a book? It seems to do pretty good for everyone else.

The other thing that bothers me about all of the UFO/Paranormal stuff lately.
Nobody has died or vanished (with the exception of cattle) that we know of with these stories (with the exception of people that we think may have been silenced by agencies or MIBS etc...)
So why should we fear them?
Why fear this stuff?
Other than the fear of getting arrested for trespassing (as far as SkinWalker goes), I don't see any reason to fear this topic.
So then I ask myself, "Why are there not more people trying to get answers with this stuff?", "Where are the investigators who have the fortitude to swallow the fear and actually go towards potential evidence?"
The UFO/Paranormal shows on TV really infuriate me.
They get close to some kind potential evidence and then they cut and run when it gets too scary or too supposedly unsafe.

I mean that's what they are there to discover, right? Then why run?
Because most if not all of that stuff on TV, sadly is just entertainment. They are looking for ratings, not proof.
So all we have with SkinWalker are stories and maybe some hard to define pics or vids.
It was the same with the Amityville House... stories with very little proof. Although I did like the last doc on Amityville with the son Lutz kid... but it's still just a story because we have nothing else to go on.
So you have to ask yourself at some point, "Did it really happen?" or "Is it just another creepy story designed to sell entertainment?"
I should have been a Paranormal Investigator.
edit on 14-9-2013 by MildyAmuzed because: spacing

edit on 14-9-2013 by MildyAmuzed because: typo

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bagel

I only heard of the Skin Walker ranch on ATS and Coast to Coast so by no means am I some kind of knowledgeable poster to your thread..... Now I spend allot of time in third world countries... Something I have noticed all over the world is.......Those who believe in Ghost see Ghost... So by your premise of the amplifier sphere...... you make an interesting point...... Or all the stories are B.S. to begin with...

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MildyAmuzed

Thanks for the reply.
I personally believe that such subconscious influences exist. Perhaps the sixth sense is one and the same?
I guess the suggestions we would receive on a daily basis are just that, suggestions. They stuff they say is happening on this ranch is borderline hostile.

As far as evidence goes, you are right. I haven't seen any hard evidence myself.
The story does gain credibility and popularity through George Knapp, who claims to have seen some of the phenomena on the ranch.

Besides that, there are a few other things that do warrant giving this a closer look
1) Cattle mutilations have occurred in this region before. As far as I know, mutilations of a such a high degree of precision are still unexplained, especially when no blood can be found in the area
2) This is a farming family that has suffered more than gained from this. The book doesn't even use their real names. What motive could they have for this?
3) Neighbours in the area have reported the same phenomena on their properties, but the ranch could be seen as the center of it
4) The local Native American lore speaks of this ranch as being the territory of the Skinwalker. Native Americans have apparently stayed clear of this area for 15 generations

I actually watched the Jesse Ventura show on Skinwalker, like you say, it's just entertainment

I can't speak to the credibility of them, but I think there have been some cases in which people have been killed. There was an abduction case in the States where the abductee was later found dead, then there is the Colares incident in Brazil.

I wish I could have been an investigator

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Thanks for the reply
Sure enough, one has to be open to this, even somewhat interested in it, if you hope to have experiences. You are also correct with your point, our need to believe influences our perception and what we accept as proof.

Though I do find that now and then weird and inexplicable things tend to blindside us. Most people brush it off and don't give it a second thought, but some don't forget.
I find Skinwalker curious since the people in this region are not the least bit interested in anything paranormal, supposedly,.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bagel

Well thought out, interesting thread. There are several old threads about Skinwalker on ATS you might find interesting, and there is also a website about it.

Those folks seem to think the paranormal entities are from other dimensions, which is certainly no more far out than what you propose.
edit on 9/14/2013 by BellaSabre because: Removed the hideous emoticon.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Bagel

Thanks for the reply.
I personally believe that such subconscious influences exist. Perhaps the sixth sense is one and the same?
I guess the suggestions we would receive on a daily basis are just that, suggestions. They stuff they say is happening on this ranch is borderline hostile.

As far as evidence goes, you are right. I haven't seen any hard evidence myself.
The story does gain credibility and popularity through George Knapp, who claims to have seen some of the phenomena on the ranch.

Besides that, there are a few other things that do warrant giving this a closer look
1) Cattle mutilations have occurred in this region before. As far as I know, mutilations of a such a high degree of precision are still unexplained, especially when no blood can be found in the area
2) This is a farming family that has suffered more than gained from this. The book doesn't even use their real names. What motive could they have for this?
3) Neighbours in the area have reported the same phenomena on their properties, but the ranch could be seen as the center of it
4) The local Native American lore speaks of this ranch as being the territory of the Skinwalker. Native Americans have apparently stayed clear of this area for 15 generations

I actually watched the Jesse Ventura show on Skinwalker, like you say, it's just entertainment

I can't speak to the credibility of them, but I think there have been some cases in which people have been killed. There was an abduction case in the States where the abductee was later found dead, then there is the Colares incident in Brazil.

I wish I could have been an investigator

Not sure if I watched the whole episode of SW on Jessie V.
I remember getting angry when they were inside the gate and ran back.
I mean c'mon... grow some!! lol

Seriously though.
1) Cattle mutilations in general are interesting but again with all the tech, cameras, etc.
GoPro Cam for every head of cattle. I mean there should be a way to monitor all of them all the time, right?
2) I get that the Family had nothing to gain but neither did the Lutz family. Some say they (Lutz) made it all up because they couldn't afford the house but that doesn't really fly either because they were only in it for 28 days.
Do we know anything about this family's financial situation? Only asking because you read the book.
And we don't even know their real name so how do we know the family that experienced these things existed?
3) Neighbors witness stuff but again all we have are stories. Why god is there no one who wants to go deeper?!?!?!
4) I totally respect the Native Americans and truly believe they have their reasons but I desire so much more...

It's all very frustrating. I want to believe this story, I really do but unless they let me camp out on the Ranch for an unspecified amount of time and had a way to keep myself fed and warm... I don't see us getting any answers.
What's the status on the Ranch now? Bigelow owns it so we will probably never know.

Where can I get a job working for Bigelow?
edit on 14-9-2013 by MildyAmuzed because: fixin stuff

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

Thanks for the compliment.
I remember seeing the threads come and go but never took much interest in Skinwalker. But now I'm fascinated by it, not sure why I ignored it in the first place!
Will try to get through them in time.

Portals to other dimensions is quite far out.
There is a section in the book which quotes a section from Jacques Vallee's book, "Messengers of Deception". An army major puts forward the theory that the study of UFO's is an intelligence issue, and not a scientific one since the premise is that UFO's are piloted by alien beings, and we are only being shown a small piece of the puzzle. If we continue to approach it from a scientific perspective, they will continue to show us only what they want us to see

Perhaps the portals to other dimensions are just for show? What a rabbit hole...

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bagel

This guy............ hii98 www.abovetopsecret.com... has written a ton of threads about it, and has the web site.

Very interesting. Go to his profile page and check out his old threads. I think he stopped coming around because the constant trolling became tiresome. He also has a link to his website.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

hehe, and after he jumps back over the fence the guy claims to have felt a tingling sensation in his leg, the further he walked in

That was disappointing

They tried the camera tech approach. He describes it in the book, they set it up in such a way that the cameras were covered by other cameras, so they could catch something interfering with any equipment. The author claims that the three camera's LED power lights could be seen going dark, but they could not see what was responsible. The found the three cameras with their wiring pulled out, with the insulation tape neatly unraveled.

But I agree, 40 years of mutilations and no footage is frustrating.

The book claims that the family were well off at the time they purchased the ranch (I think you could probably get their real names from a google search too). It was the loss of cattle on the ranch, through mutilations, that ruined them. They eventually sold it off to Bigelow, and were forced to downsize.

The book was published a while back, but the author says they NIDS team is still there investigating. I don't think the activity is anywhere near the level it was at during 1997, but who knows.

Unfortunately this is probably as far as it goes for this case. Unless the ranch is opened to the public.
You could always apply for a job with Bigelow aerospace, but they might run a background check

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

BagelEach of the above are occurrences in which the entity does something specifically in order to get the attention of the particular person(s) involved.

It's the same with any sort of paranormal encounter, whether it be ghosts, aliens, or D M T trip reports (really? Censor '___'?). Time and time again, the experiencer explicitly states something was messing with their attention.

Knocking is common with hauntings. Why do you knock on someone's door? To get their attention, that's the sole purpose of a knocking. The magic wand it's self is not magical. The magic lies in what the wand does, which it to direct and manipulate attention.

I think you are correct when you say the people experiencing these things are indeed manifesting it themselves through the power of their focused attention. But most people aren't skilled or disciplined enough to achieve this level of manifestation on their own. There is something intelligent directing that attention with enough skill to make us do it's dirty work for it.
edit on 14-9-2013 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bagel

This is the one place that totally gives me the creeps, and the new owners make me wonder about even more.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bagel

“SKINWALKER RANCH.ORG” and “ BREAKTHROUGH AT SKINWALKER RANCH” forum, news, photos, maps etc…is a great place to start researching because it seems to me you haven’t. If Im wrong, I apologize.
This is in regards to who runs things. Bigelo owns the place and he is involved in multi level contracts with the government, and all sightings reported are directed to him...and we all know he is trying (and succeeding too) to back engineer crafts and tech he retains there so as to monopolize development in future techs so only he has it.

Research the spacecraft with added modules he put up in space and all the additional mods he is putting up TO it, and FOR it...and himself. It is HUGE and much, much bigger than the puny Space Shuttle. Its amazing what he has done and continues to do. Aliens are here alright, and he has an agreement with them of sorts. There are a few documentaries on him and his ranch, who and what goes on there, and why. He has the connections (all of the worldwide info), the money and resources to match and outmatch anything any other governments can do.

I think its obvious he has his own "AREA 1" with underground systems and bases, tech labs, working and real flying UFO's...not to mention all the bigfoot sightings there and other things flying in the sky, and possible portals, but Im sure its not the aliens in control...but aliens doing their things by agreement with Bigelo Aerospace, and Bigelo controlled.

** "The BUBBLE" was a movie from the late 60's early seventies. A guy awakes in a small town and there is nobody nowhere. Stores open, food on tables in houses...and no one there. It divulged at the end, that the man was trapped under a clear glass bowl turned upside down when he tried driving thru the clear glass barrier. He didn't make it. Great movie for the times (1960').

**Search and download FREE-PDF: 'Path of the Skinwalker' -A small ranch in northern Utah may be the strangest place on-by George Knapp.

***And there was another one or two of tv shows back then. "The Twilight Zone" (b & w) tv show series, and "One Step Beyond", another like it.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bagel

I love this topic because it is unusual in a lot of ways. I thought I'd share some thoughts of my impressions from what you've said at the end.
I haven't seen the sphere but I will check it out.
I have read the book and heard a few podcasts and stories online.
I'm not sure whether the residents are consciously manifesting some of the activities I'd have to reread the book to remember my exact impressions of events. I'm sure somewhere I wrote down my ideas, but I don't remember. What I do think is that fear can play a role in how people perceive certain events.
The entity or entities may be playing into some of those fears, but I never got the impression of a show of superiority. the feeling of some kind of trickster is there for some reason. like someone who realizes hey these people left this door open and every so often it likes to play where it probably shouldn't.
I lean more towards the idea of a portal to a parallel dimension. Whether it's a natural phenomena or not is another story. the part where the family had to sign they wouldn't dig on their own land without permission and the mention of some kind of grid makes me wonder if it isn't something being controlled or manifested by something. what or who and for what purpose I don't know. (I can't understand why the military would have interest in this except that they did have an interest in something like the Philadelphia experiment so maybe it does have some purpose and I have never understood why they'd steal and mutilate other people's cattle. why not have their own and use that?)

the thing that crawled out of the hole in the ground was sinister and it could have been something fake or it could have been something that knew how to pass through and was hunting.
whatever it is I don't think it's just one thing, one phenomena happening, but I think it's connected by something. whether's it's aliens, fairies, crypto terrestrials, military I don't know.
we might never know.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

I knew a few guys who rented a house for a couple of years whilst they were studying. From the get go they experienced some things which could not be explained. Lights turning themselves on and off, things being misplaced, doors and windows being found open when they were surely locked. At one time one of the guys even saw a figure move across a room, out of the corner of his eye though.

The thing is, they made a conscious decision to not indulge whatever this was, nor did they allow it to scare them. The strange incidents started to occur less frequently thereafter, stopping altogether eventually.

Consciously manifesting such things is something very few can do, I agree. What about the collective unconscious? With enough people, could this be done unconsciously?

Perhaps some areas of the planet, like the Sphere, allow us to create with our minds. Or like you say, these areas are the territory of some other intelligence.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

No you are right, I hadn't visited those websites before. Thanks for sharing!
I have seen some of the pictures before, still going to look through the videos.

It has been said before on a few interviews that Bigelow is similar in ways to the character S.R Hadden from the movie/book "Contact".
Is it possible that he is just the name and the face of the operation? What I mean to say is that people with such power and influence usually go unnoticed by the general public.

I don't know much about his companies' projects, but I am going to take a look at that too after seeing your post.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thesamelight

Thanks for the reply.
It really is a collection of phenomena, which is what makes this so different.

I get what you mean about a trickster, but if we are to assume that it is one entity responsible, there are a few instances where its intentions could be interpreted as hostile:

1) The Gormans 3 dogs were killed by something on the ranch
2) The invisible, "predator" like being that frightened the life out of the guy that visited the ranch
3) The creature that was watching them from the trees, which communicated through one of the scientists that "we are watching you".

I couldn't understand why the previous owners would be bothered whether or not the new owners would dig up the land. It's not like whatever it stirred up would affect them, they would have left by then?
Unless this clause was included by someone else.

The group of remote viewers that viewed the ranch did say they got the impression of a military operation.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There was some mention about some kind of a grid. that's why I mention military at all.

how do you feel about the world being a virtual reality or hologram? what if someone is working on something similar on a smaller scale? (think cabin in the woods)
edit on 15-9-2013 by thesamelight because: added something I forgot

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Very interesting theory you have there, OP.

While I believe anything is possible, this one certainly isn't one that I considered to be as a possibility.

Always open to new and unique theories behind this mysterious location.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

This is a very interesting forum. My team and I, Aerial Phenomena, are heading out to Skinwalker Ranch in a few weeks to investigate these purported claims; and to film some footage for Unsealed. We have scheduled two trips - October and January.

Although most claims are likely folklore and local legend, some of the reporting I have read appear credible. We have been in contact with former investigators from NIDS as well as with a cadre of investigators who have visited the area.

Any input from this community is appreciated.

Antonio Paris
Director and Founder
Aerial Phenomena

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join