It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Cyber Event....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I live in KY. I work for a major (I MEAN MAJOR) health insurance corporation. I am fortunate in that I work from my home on a computer that is linked to this corporations servers and systems.

This morning when I logged in at 7 am (as always) I could not log in. I immediately called my supervisor who told me that the entire corporation's servers were down. We have 10 servers, one in Puerto Rico, one in Canada, and 8 spread throughout the United States. (So if there is a regional event that affects a server- Like in Louisiana during Katrina we can provide our services to our members.)

NEVER has all 10 servers been down at once with no explaination no ETA on resolving the issue.

So I am getting paid to do nothing. I logged in to Facebook and read that multiple friends who work for other major corporations are having server issues too.

So, I decided to turn on the news. Thinking maybe Anonymous fried the servers (Obama care starts Oct 1 and I do work for an INsurance company). Nothing. Not a word.

I tried my bank online. Thought I would pay some bills. PAGE NOT FOUND.

Then I called my husband at Ft Knox who told me their systems are all offline right now too.

OK What is going on?

I usually do not go straight to conspiracy which is why I posted this in General Chit Chat.

IS this some weird computer outage for a select few companies/entities?

Or is this something else?

My home internet works fine, unless I try to get banking info...

Anyone else out there having issues??

This is just strange and my gut tells me something weird this way comes.

I am outa here..I feel a panic attack coming on.

~K

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The overall Internet is showing fine and healthy. In fact, the current index of 95 for North America is higher than I usually see it on this report.

Internet Traffic and Status Report

Perhaps this at least helps rule something out? It's not a profound, net-wide issue anyway.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I work for state government in Ohio and all our servers are fine.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Everything is fine where I am. No problems with the Internet, banking, ect..... Sorry to hear your having problems

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

wrabbit2000
The overall Internet is showing fine and healthy. In fact, the current index of 95 for North America is higher than I usually see it on this report.

Internet Traffic and Status Report

Perhaps this at least helps rule something out? It's not a profound, net-wide issue anyway.

Well this report actually shows 11 places in the US with an index of 0...so apparently there is an issue, and 10 of those locations apparently are used by my company. LOL

Strange...

I have never seen this report. Thank you!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

could a cyber attack affect just ONE company such as the one I work for??

Our IT department said they have no idea what the issue is and are giving no ETA on resolution. Usually they have us up and running in less than an hour and are good at predicting the ETA.

I am thinking with Obama care starting OCtober 1, maybe someone decided to fry the insurance companies. LOL

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
My bank was down yesterday...but i didn't think anything of it...now im wondering????

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Oh.. I should explain a bit. The detail list from that report shows the backbone servers carrying traffic in the different areas. The index score appears to be a combined rate between up status of the backbones and the overall performance of the network.

The main point here is just to note the detail list always has a few 0'ed out. They're doing maintenance or, in some cases, transitioning out of the role to be replaced by another you may see pop up in that slot before too long. It happens enough to make a note of.

The more that are down in general, the slower the whole net seems. The exception is if you see a 0 right on top of your own area. That may create headaches for some, depending on their config for network access.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Well there is a big fat 0 in CIncinnati so I am sure that is us.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Lots of probable theories. Most likely a disturbance of the Fibre-optic cables under the sea. Knocks out most things.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

It could very easily (and likely) to be related to state-sponsored cyber warfare. Typically certain factions have a plan to attack particular sectors of critical infrastructure (healthcare being one of them). I literally work with this stuff every day.... Especially in banking and energy sectors.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Maybe when you're company is back up and running there will be a little something "extra" on the servers. Perhaps some values were changed...

Who knows, the government might be hacking into private insurance companies and putting in some kind of new code in preparation for the ACA.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

My company is having all of that Obamacare stuff added Sept 21st...we have a scheduled outage then. This was not scheduled for maintenance or improvements.

new topics

top topics

join