It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone Just Lit Up Again With a New Swarm- happening now

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
We got an incoming swarm, and it appears persistent- up around B207 and YPM area. Mags increasing a bit now. Hmm, stay tuned... Ima watching it.

You can see YPM webi here:
www.quake.utah.edu...
edit on Fri Sep 13th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

Hmm, mags still increasing... umm... Calm down now dearest.

Need to wait for updates to see them, but you can also see what's going on here:
www.isthisthingon.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I hope Yogi and Boo Boo stay safe....
OP how many times have Yellowstone had swarms like this? do they happen often?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

definitely tremors, keep us posted.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
And I was about to go to bed!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Haha, no bed for joo!

Yeppers, this is looks like it could be dying down now, but it is still going. Hop on GEE, pull up B207, YPM, YML- also showing on all the lake stations.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I can only pull up the BHZ channel on LKWY. I tried updating GEE months ago without any luck. I think I need to totally un-install and re-do it, but just haven't been motivated enough to do it yet.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Showing kinda weak at LKWY. This is west of the lake. And it's still going. Ahh, now you guys can start to see what I'm talking about in the bottom link in OP. Sometimes they do this- start out with a bang and then just die off. Other times it is a precursor to larger activity about to happen. That's why this is so exciting- one just never knows. Damn, LV and YS swarming at the same time!

Uh oh, hell no this is not dying down- frequency increasing! Rapid fire, back to back. But low mags so far would point to hydrothermal, if I had to guess. Never know though. Gotta keep watching.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
after Long valley Now Yellowstone?? have you check Toba Lake too ?? Creazy day...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

westcoast
And I was about to go to bed!

Me too!

Keep up the good work keeping us informed TA

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
9 Volcano Active now..

www.volcanodiscovery.com... an.html
edit on 13-9-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Long Valley and Yellowstone trembling? oh God, help us. Well, that Long Valley activity seems like fault based, and its caldera is tough to be extinct, as magma is crystallized and its molten only very deep. Those 2 volcanoes could be connected though, scientists have failed to find reason for Long Valley volcano, since its not in Yellowstone hotspot, neither in Hawaii hotspot.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Noooooooo ruuuunnnnnn!

My mom is always tellling me to just wait till yellowstone explodes! Then all hell is breaking loose

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Ok so, looks like it is slowly winding down, but it is still producing microquakes sporadically (typical of these kinds of swarms there). Notice that the USGS map has NOTHING on this, and neither does the UU recent quakes list. That will probably update tomorrow- then we'll be able to see exactly where these are occurring. I estimate over 100 events so far. Top magnitude might be a 2.4 or so, but probably more like a 2.

See? This is why I pay such close attention to that beast. Late at night if I happened to detect sudden, nasty tremor (which I haven't) among that swarm, and the USGS and UU are asleep...Then...umm...what? I'll wake em up. That's what. And scream bloody murder. I got yer backs.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

That's why we luv ya TA...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
M3.4 - 27km ENE of West Yellowstone, Montana (BETA)
2013-09-13 12:55:57 UTC

Seem to be increasing a bit in strength?

And...

M2.9 - 27km ENE of West Yellowstone, Montana
2013-09-13 12:58:39 UTC

These both just disappeared?
edit on 9/13/2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

Now they are back, weird. It seems Mammoth Lake in Cali is chiming in
edit on 9/13/2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
They are finally posting on the USGS page. Not the 3. yet but am seeing them come in. Long valley and yellowstone quaking at the same time - how often do swarms coincide like this between two super volcanoes?

Of course it may not be considered a swarm. I suppose it depends on what they post since some can be lumped together as one.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I have been watching this for a day or two as well. So far a 3.4 and a 2.9 this morning. Man that sucker can wait another thousand years before going off. But if it does I am toast!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

hey, hey...it was JELLYstone national park, not Yellowstone...let's keep our yogi and boo-boo bear facts straight.
www.campjellystone.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Does anyone know an obnoxious virgin we could sacrifice?

Tried and true method of volcanic mollification by the aboriginals for years... and it worked, too... until it didn't.
edit on 9/13/2013 by Baddogma because: had to explain universally known cliche' because I truly had nothing better to do at work

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So there was a little swarm a few days ago too, with a couple 2-3 mag quakes.

Yellowstone is known for swarms, especially when associated with uplift. However....even with the swarms that I have watched, when you start seeing these 3.0+ quakes in Yellowstone, it is most definitely worth paying attention to.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join