It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I already did it 4X tonight.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
ahem, what I mean is, I've been on the ATS forums just looking around, clicking on some topics, groups I like. But then.....I start to read the thread, and i just get this feeling of wanting to write something very obnoxious, silly, funny, (in my mind), disspelling the subject matter as crazy and then.....reality catches me....! Just hit the return button, don't comment, don't make that sly remark or come across as insensitive....I have actually stopped myself 4X tonight from NOT replying.

And you know what.....I feel better for it. Don't get me wrong....I've actually laughed out loud at what "I" might have written, but, then, said, NAH.....better left alone....move on.

I'm not trying to be critical, i know a lot of you will know what I am talking about......some of the stuff you read and then the attachments....that supposedly support the point.......LMAO!!

Anyway.....just taking a timeout....thought I would share.....I'm sure a number of you ATS friends have felt the same way? No? Yes? LOL!!!
Peace!!!
edit on 12-9-2013 by ItDepends because: fixed a mistake lol

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Sometimes it's either a matter of joining into the chaos or.. walking away and letting the place burn.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I hesitated to reply, but yes, I do it many times a night too... lol

I mean, what you said.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

I have actually stopped myself 4X tonight from NOT replying.

BZZZZTTT!!!
Double-negative alert: The Grammar Police are hereby alerting you that your big NOT-word up there changed the intent of your message. Please pay your fine immediately (anything made of dark chocolate) ...to ME!!!

Haha... unlike you, I couldn't resist.

Jokes aside, good job holding back on snide remarks, ItDepends!
edit on 9/12/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I have absolutley no idea what it is you're saying here.

You do what?

Something about.. not posting.. when. I dun. N..

Now my head hurts.. what is it you're doing. I've never had any such mental confliction.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

new_here

BZZZZTTT!!!
Double-negative alert: The Grammar Police are hereby alerting you that your big NOT-word up there changed the intent of your message. Please pay your fine immediately (anything made of dark chocolate) ...to ME!!!

edit on 9/12/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

OH>>>darn it.....I see exactly what you blatantly caught me on......ok....a BIG chunk of dark chocolate is awarded to you!!! ......and again this makes it 5X now...LOL!!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

winofiend

I have absolutley no idea what it is you're saying here.

You do what?

Something about.. not posting.. when. I dun. N..

Now my head hurts.. what is it you're doing. I've never had any such mental confliction.

Hahaha, so sorry, I really did not mean to make your head hurt unless it was due to a hangover. LMAO.

Simply....I read stuff on ATS, almost replied with nasty, snide remarks, silliness...obnoxious..being honest here....but laughed my a$$ out of doing it, and just walked away. Thought this was a good outlet for me to get it out.....hehehe, lol, it worked. But to answer your question "You do what?" It's more about 'What I did not! " LOL!!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I do the same nearly every thread that I read. People do not make sense; and not because I can't understand them, but because they do not understand their topic themselves. Their thought's are almost always erroneous, which causes me to want to say something because I have a hard time not thinking freely of, or outside of, their line of thought.

So, I generally try to limit my comments to when I believe they might actually help someone - but on the inside, I want to cuss everyone out too. :p

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

ItDepends

new_here

BZZZZTTT!!!

OH>>>darn it.....I see exactly what you blatantly caught me on......ok....a BIG chunk of dark chocolate is awarded to you!!! ......and again this makes it 5X now...LOL!!

Yayee!!! And so glad I could help you bite your tongue a 5th time! I hope it didn't hurt too badly! ...Ummm, you might need stitches. ...Geez, the blood!!! Somebody get me a tourniquet-- STAT! Hold still, will ya? I know what I'm doing. I saw it on YouTube.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

new_here

ItDepends

BZZZZTTT!!!

new_here

Yayee!!! And so glad I could help you bite your tongue a 5th time! I hope it didn't hurt too badly! ...Ummm, you might need stitches. ...Geez, the blood!!! Somebody get me a tourniquet-- STAT! Hold still, will ya? I know what I'm doing. I saw it on YouTube.

new_here

Ok New_Here.....you have me contemplating 6X...( i only wish.....so LOL) Tongue is fine..more or less in cheek...hey not bad right? NOW, BACK to YOU!!! What's up with all these codes and cryptic allegories????
that part I get...and all the better!!

edit on 13-9-2013 by ItDepends because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2013 by ItDepends because: structure revision

edit on 13-9-2013 by ItDepends because: made mistakes: honestly lol

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I do that a lot. I was thinking of leaving some smart remark on this post or that but then I kinda catch myself and think, nahhh that's immature. I've done enough of that to last me a lifetime.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

spartacus699
I do that a lot. I was thinking of leaving some smart remark on this post or that but then I kinda catch myself and think, nahhh that's immature. I've done enough of that to last me a lifetime.

Yes, exactly. LOL! It is tough at times. Just that feeling of a smart-a$$ remark sounds so good, or sarcastically commenting.....but as you said....nahhh....don't do it...just move on. That really is the smart move. But you have to agree, there is a lot of material out there that begs for a smart-a$$ remark, but, as best as I can...I will continue to restrain, put myself on higher ground...and move on.

It's actually refreshing just to post the feeling here and to receive others' feedback which is similar.

So a big Thank You ALL!!! I can't predict the future, there may just come a day, an instance or something that triggers me to unleash my sarcasm, but I hope I am more restrained and when that day comes, do exactly like I did tonight and move on......and maybe get lucky and talk about doing something else that 'I did do" 4X. LOL!!
Peace!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Ok New_Here.....you have me contemplating 6X...( i only wish.....so LOL) Tongue is fine..more or less in cheek...hey not bad right? NOW, BACK to YOU!!! What's up with all these codes and cryptic allegories????

I KNOW, RIGHT??? See, I have a different issue-- I am hopelessly addicted to wordplay. To the point of being downright silly sometimes. I just take up a theme and run with it. Sometimes into a busy highway.

Even when I KNOW people are gonna roll their eyes, I JUST CAN'T STOP my cryptic allegorical connections from spewing forth!!!
Really, there must be a 12-step program out there for me?! In any case, this is apparently the kind of conversation you get when Reformed Snide-Commenter meets Hopeless Silly-Spewer. (ORRR... am I just goading you to see if you can REALLY resist?- MuHahaha!)

Tongue is fine..more or less in cheek...

HAHAHA! ...Um. So sorry. I see it can be contagious...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Yes, exactly. LOL! It is tough at times. Just that feeling of a smart-a$$ remark sounds so good, or sarcastically commenting.....
Ok, I do experience this feeling from time-to-time just reading thru the list of thread titles, before even clicking on them. I get these really sarcastic (if warped) come-backs bouncing around in my head. Unfortunately I have to let them keep bouncing b/c (A) They are usually off-topic twists of the meaning of the thread and/or (B) One liners are supposedly no-no's.

But oh the temptation...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

new_here

Ok, I do experience this feeling from time-to-time just reading thru the list of thread titles, before even clicking on them. I get these really sarcastic (if warped) come-backs bouncing around in my head. Unfortunately I have to let them keep bouncing b/c (A) They are usually off-topic twists of the meaning of the thread and/or (B) One liners are supposedly no-no's.

But oh the temptation...

As 'Flip Wilson ~ Comdian' once said: "The Devil Made Me Do It!" Always makes me laugh. I'm the same way....oh the thought of saying something soooooo wrong, I even lmao just thinking, should I? Oh, and I've actually a few times have written some sarcastic reply.....just about to hit 'reply', but that angel
Bless her soul, taps me, shakes her head (metamorphically speaking) and says 'please almighty God don't do it' and I've actually slide my cursor slowly away from that 'reply' button.....still laughing out loud....and move on....what tremendous restraint....

new_herereply to post by ItDepends

I KNOW, RIGHT??? See, I have a different issue-- I am hopelessly addicted to wordplay. To the point of being downright silly sometimes. I just take up a theme and run with it. Sometimes into a busy highway.

Even when I KNOW people are gonna roll their eyes, I JUST CAN'T STOP my cryptic allegorical connections from spewing forth!!!
Really, there must be a 12-step program out there for me?! In any case, this is apparently the kind of conversation you get when Reformed Snide-Commenter meets Hopeless Silly-Spewer. (ORRR... am I just goading you to see if you can REALLY resist?- MuHahaha!)

Tongue is fine..more or less in cheek...

HAHAHA! ...Um. So sorry. I see it can be contagious...

Yes, it's always good to bring a good sense of humor along on some of these threads......It's like carrying 'protection', however I do not own a gun. LMAO!!

edit on 13-9-2013 by ItDepends because: correction, devil made me do it, had to fix it or else gram police will have their way with me

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I know how you feel.... here have a sympathy cookie.

This problem doesn't just follow me here on ATS but in real life too. I'm very sarcastic by nature, my friends know it and accept it, but when I meet new people I have to bite my tongue a lot of times before responding and maybe saying something they might misunderstand or find rude/ over the top, when the truth is that I'm just speaking the truth spiced with a -in my opinion- healthy dose of sarcasm.

I have a lot of one-liners that I have nearly posted but always deleted them last minute or decided to be nice nice and write something helpful instead.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

new_here

BZZZZTTT!!!

new_here

You know new_here, I hear, that sometimes it's everywhere!! lol

edit on 14-9-2013 by ItDepends because: Formatting, still learning new ATS, but it's all good!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Rainbowresidue

I know how you feel.... here have a sympathy cookie.

This problem doesn't just follow me here on ATS but in real life too. I'm very sarcastic by nature, my friends know it and accept it, but when I meet new people I have to bite my tongue a lot of times before responding and maybe saying something they might misunderstand or find rude/ over the top, when the truth is that I'm just speaking the truth spiced with a -in my opinion- healthy dose of sarcasm.

I have a lot of one-liners that I have nearly posted but always deleted them last minute or decided to be nice nice and write something helpful instead.

Thanks for the cookie, Rainbowresidue!

Me too....it travels with me as soon as I walk out the door. Or even at home if I am watching the news....oh man, the news....scary to say, but I'm one of those that will talk back to the t.v. with really smartass comments....sarcasm and a little cussing too....LOL!!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You know new_here, I hear, that sometimes it's everywhere!! lol

Wow, you came close to beating me at my own game
--had to read it 3 times to discern the meaning!

So-- here here! I hear ya! Here, there & everywhere, LoL. Oh wait... *gasp* ...you left out the There!!! Well, fear not, Reformed-Snideman-- I humbly present to you [drumroll, please] The Fab Four... *Applause* to help you... *screaming teenage girls* ...I SAID TO HELP YOU... *gag order in place* ...avoid this somewhat embarrassing omission in the future!
......?
.....???
Oh cheer up, will ya?!

There isn't a person alive who hasn't skipped their there-- they're just usually not lucky enough to have a friend like me point it out...

So, here ya go, there is a song for everywhere everything!

edit on 9/14/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

ItDepends

Yes, exactly. LOL! It is tough at times. Just that feeling of a smart-a$$ remark sounds so good, or sarcastically commenting.....

But oh the temptation...

Ok, case in point:

Thread Title Says:
"This Is What Happens When Bigotry and Intolerance Is Promoted Nationaly."
My Brain Says:
You lose the ability to spell?

Thread Title Says:
"TCT channel: WTH did I just watch?"
My Brain Says:
Umm... TCT channel. Wait. Is this a trick question?

This may actually be a good thread to post my warped come-backs!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join