It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry, McCain, Cited Syrian Rebel Expert Fired For Lying.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

WSJ op-ed writer Elizabeth O’Bagy fired for resume lie

The Syria researcher whose Wall Street Journal op-piece was cited by Secretary of State John Kerry and Sen. John McCain during congressional hearings about the use of force has been fired from the Institute for the Study of War for lying about having a Ph.D., the group announced on Wednesday.

“The Institute for the Study of War has learned and confirmed that, contrary to her representations, Ms. Elizabeth O’Bagy does not in fact have a Ph.D. degree from Georgetown University,” the institute said in a statement. “ISW has accordingly terminated Ms. O’Bagy’s employment, effective immediately.”

“In addition to her role at the Institute for the Study of War, Ms. O’Bagy is affiliated with the Syrian Emergency Task Force, a nonprofit operating as a 501(c)(3) pending IRS approval that subcontracts with the U.S. and British governments to provide aid to the Syrian opposition,” the WSJ added in its clarification.

Read more: www.politico.com...

As if she appeared out of nowhere, I have seen this woman recently paraded all over the cable network news shows as a purported independent researcher and expert on the Syrian rebels.

Her central theme has been to consistently characterize and defend the Syrian Rebels as overwhelmingly NOT made up of Islamic extremists associated with Al-Qaeda.

Frankly, I found her very convincing, regardless of how what she stated tended to fly directly in the face of current thinking about the ideological composition of Syrian rebels.

NOW...not so much. I'm growing sooo tired of the misinformation and lies coming from this completely incompetent and desperate administration...and it's willing allies in the media.

www.buzzfeed.com...
www.economicpolicyjournal.com... icpolicyjournal%2FYZSb+(EconomicPolicyJournal.com)
www.nydailynews.com...
www.politico.com...
edit on 11-9-2013 by IAMTAT because: Links added

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

OOOPS....Apologies! I see the eminently talented Wrabbit2000 once again beat me to the wrabbit-punch by mere minutes here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-9-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Another example of our evil administration and an evil congressman. Obama is following in the footsteps
of his father, same faith.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Yea... but unlike Rabbit your title is accurate and not politically biased. You get starts and flags and a huge chocolate chip cookie.

top topics

join