It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT sources: Syrian rebels plan chem attack on Israel from Assad-controlled territories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I'm not sure exactly what's going on here and if these sources are legitimate but based on what's been coming out regarding the rebels aka al mursa, al Qaeda etc it wouldn't surprise me at all.

A chemical attack may be launched on Israel by Syrian rebels from government-controlled territories as a "major provocation," multiple sources told RT.

It is an incredibly complicated situation what is happening in the middle east but I believe the letter to the house of reps from the Syrian people's assembly summed it up best.

Letter to house of representatives

If this is true then it is obviously very worrying and it is quite obviously the rebels who need to be stopped, not assad. Again, based on the overwhelming evidence that the recent attack was purpotrated by the rebels, this is worth looking into.

Link

The report comes as Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov proposed that Syria puts its chemical weapons arsenal under international control for subsequent destruction in order to prevent a possible military strike against the war-torn country. Moscow also urged Syrian authorities to join the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons. The offer has already been passed over to Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Muallem, who met Lavrov in Moscow for talks on Monday. “We don’t know if Syria will accept the offer, but if imposing international control over chemical weapons stored in the country can help to avoid military strikes, we are immediately going to start working with Damascus,” Lavrov said.

edit on 10-9-2013 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Oh. What's the matter Israel? Couldn't talk us into doing your dirty work for you any more and so now you gonna sacrifice a few of your own to create the outrage you need to unleash those rotting secret nukes you have? That's some pretty Syrious news... If true. BUT, nothing surprises me anymore.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Pretty good estimation right there

Very syrious news in my books, but I think their plan is crumbling with all the back lash to the proposed strikes...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I just saw this as well. Here is the video/interview:

Dont know what to believe anymore. Would seem that false flags are quickly becoming the new normal.

One thing is certain, israel is not giving up without a fight:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Why is this getting so little attention? I cant believe some people still think the rebels are the good guys. We have been giving weapons to known terrorists for 3 years and its about time to stop this. Not with my tax dollars.

These people are insane and will do anything to get attention. NATO gave them conventional weapons so it makes sense they would also give them chemical weapons too. I mean come on its plain as day from my vantage point.

People are starting to see the lies, so the best way to get usa involved would be an attack on israel by the rebels TO FRAME ASSAD and finally get the green light AFTER israel attacks first. Its disgusting!!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Absolutely, it is kinda strange that its not getting much attention although there is a lot of syria related news coming out at the moment. That certainly does seem like the plan now doesnt it....

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Seriously? First of all The Rebels are mostly Syrians and Syrian Army defectors. If for some reason you do not understand that then try and figure out where Assads 747,000 troops went. Does anybody in their right mind think a few terrorist groups could take on a military that size and take more than half the country. Why do you think Iranian, Lebanese militias, and Hezbollah have all been forced to come save Assad and slow down the rebel advances. Also the US and NATO have not armed or trained the rebels yet. They said they were going to but, outside the Turks who have trained some of their officers but thats about it. Now radical groups including some who claim ties to Al Quaida are also in Syria. They want to defeat Assad and hijack the revolution for their own purposes or more reasonably take small region for themselves. You also have the Kurds who will fight either side to keep them out of their region. Now that you have a more reasonable grasp of the situation on the ground can anybody tell me why a false flag against Israel would be silly and counter productive to the rebels or radicals or anybody else? Thats right if Isreal intervened it would be fighting both sides at the same time. In fact both sides might call a ceasefire to deal with whatever action they would take. Ok now we have some facts please ignore them and go back to getting your facts from RT who has never been right about anything.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Can you please provide some evidence to support your assertions?

Links, articles, things of this nature.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I'm gunna look into RT news to see who the real backer is..

But, my take of events in the last 48hrs,

Kerry's stupid tongue in cheek comment about the Russians taking control was a monumental slip. Maybe he tried to be funny, but he gave the enemy an out.

They jumped on it, because it was a logical short term chess move in this long term game. No one could complain about that proposition. Now, Israel needs to create another dummy reason to escalate this skirmish, because the chemical weapon excuse has been nullified.

In sensing this change in status quo, Assad with the help of Russia have leaked intelligence they found on the ground, that the rebels were planning to lob chemical weapons at Israel from Assad controlled territory, blame it on Assad and either force someone, or Israel to retaliate.

Now, if any attack ever occurs, Assad would have gotten out in front it before it occurs, sewing the seed of suspicion. He's again put Israel on the back foot, he's made sure that history will show who orchestrated the new war.

... but he hasn't stopped it coming!

edit on 11-9-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Oh absolutely. Spot on brother.

This is what i feel is happening also. Assad is much smarter than we give him credit for...

Kerry and Obama are losing credibility by the day and I personally feel that this moment in history is a huge turning point in the world. The day the world said NO TO WAR.

new topics

top topics

join