It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They F you at the Drive-thru!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have had a local chain give me the chicken from a value menu item when I ordered the real deal. It was blamed on a new employee.....

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Being in the restaurant biz, i am all too happy to cook and eat at home. Our food is "fine dining", but I still do it better than our chef. Our head chef, corporate guy....im nothing comparatively.

But I love cooking at home, while sipping a glass of wine or a beer. And its 5 star every night, for the same price as a bunch of take out.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I don't really think getting shorted is often a scheme to get your money. Some places, sure, but generally when I've had this happen it's been very busy. My understanding is that employees are barred from eating 'extras' anyway. I've read a few stories about people getting fired for snarfing down burgers that were to be thrown out at the end of shifts. I'm also fairly certain if you call in and complain they'll comp you more than what you were shorted.

Also consider the caliber of people working at fast food joints and the level of job satisfaction. Not to knock down everyone that works at a fast food place (I'm not too good to flip burgers) but generally speaking I would say the job doesn't attract the best and the brightest or the most motivated. And even if it did I think working in that environment would bust your give a crap in a few weeks.

I just don't see the cost savings averaging out to a point where it would matter because you certainly aren't getting away with it for every customer, and I would imagine a very angry line if you even tried.

I would be wary if you're paying cash and they charge you the full amount but one item is missing from the receipt. So you order 2 cheeseburgers at .99 each, get charged the full $2 something and only one Cheeseburger is on the receipt... That could be a little pocket change scheme. If it's on the receipt I think they just messed up.

Thank you BigFatFurryTexan for pointing out the annoying trend of people making everything dealing with food into some weird guilt trip. These people are all clearly perfect and never eat anything not organically grown in their own gardens. I bet they also have IQs in the 140+ range and drive hybrids too.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
There is no fast food conspiracy.
As a teenager I worked in a fast food joint and I on average, usually would forget at least 1 item over the course of the day. It was never intentional.
Maybe it was a drink, maybe a gravy.
But to put it in perspective, in the drive-thru, you would be taking an order, filling drinks and chatting with your current customer all at the same time. On nights we were short staffed, I would be taking and giving front end orders as well..All for a dollar over miminum wage.

I got a lot of props for how good I was at multi-tasking, but not every is.
I always felt bad, as did anyone else, mostly because it often meant getting yelled at and no one wants that.
But yes, some places are worse than others.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I cook at home 95% of the time as well. I like to make meals from scratch. I especially like to cook food I have personally hunted or fished for. The trip I was on this past weekend was a dove hunt. We are getting ready to have a dove rumaki feast!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join