It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The will of the ATS contributors, ignored.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I can give you stars without having to wait for a page refresh, that's something..

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Look about half-way down the page
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The off-topic warns look different, but more discreet than the old ones.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

It's also far easier to subscribe and unsubscribe threads. YOU don't have to make a post, go to your MyATS page....it;s right there on every thread page....
Just wait until you get used to it and all the new "toys"

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I've come into the light and am now using the light version. Takes away depression. Seriously.

Move into the light, but remember that Jesus is the light of life and that you are the light of the world!

To turn on the lights, go to the top row of options that starts with [home] and click on the yin/yang type circle, far right.

Into the light!

It feels so much better I tell you! (happy face)

Talk about hypocrisy, I'm already endorsing it in this same thread! Please forgive me all fellow detractors and naysayers.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

hi NewAgeMan... i AGREE...

i just logged in today for first time in a year... just to say WHY ??????...

this new design sux....

i browse ATS everyday, and until yesterday i loved the 3 column page...
the one with the NEW threads and also the most flagged and responded to threads....
my browser would open it auto when i switch on computer each day...

where the heck is that page...please?

seeyas

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

maybe this will help

Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3
edit on Mon Sep 9 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed code

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
And, it added a new aspect or element to my avatar (repeating, not unlike a frame of film) which isn't incongruent in the least with the background-avatar and my handle/monicur ie: who was who is and is to come, amen.

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

hi Dont Tread On Me...
thanks for that,
BUT... do i have to read ALL the instructs?

please just tell me where that "INDEX" page is...
the one with NEW threads AND most flagged and responded to...

does it still exist?

or do i have to surf multiple pages now just to get " the edited version" of what everyone thinks is news...???

cheers again

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

It took me a few passes up and down to actually spot it. Very subtle. I like it. Completely removing the post would probably get people all freaked out about censoring, and in a way disrupt the flow. This is perfect. I still think it would have been amusing if you used me as an example, but thanks for not doing so.

Really liking the new ATS personally and I HATE it when websites change. Liked it from the start and like the light color. The mobile version is super sexy. I'm trying hard to come up with a gripe. OK one gripe. I want to see links stand out more and differ from links in the signature line. I would rather the sig line just disappear altogether or be very limited and have a smaller font.

I keep seeing people complaining about navigating and really don't get it. Perhaps those that are confused are of a certain vintage... To me it seems like any other webpage, almost identical to the old one just with a different veneer. It's like using someone else's cell phone. There are menus and submenus, and they are usually almost identical.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

hi again... i read your link... and i eventually got to FIREHOSE,,, thats what i wanted...

BUT...

The New LIVE and Firehose

Within the member sub-menu, you'll find two new options:

These provide access to completely revamped LIVE and Firehose functions.

Click the beer icon to open the LIVE palette in a new pop-up window.

what the heck is the BEER ICON... please...???

thanks again...

shane

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

HA! Awesome. So many of the gripes are directed at the background. It seems most people prefer the darker one, but I too prefer the lighter version. Apparently there may be different background options in the near future as well. Pretty cool.

I think this is going to be the most successful ATS remake to date personally. I hated the last one at first, grew to love it. For some reason I instantly loved this one, and I am a bit of a stubborn ass when it comes to website changes.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I know that a great deal of time was put in this new version, and as a developer, I know what it is like to receive non-acceptance of radical , new design. But if I do not like something, I am not going to adapt to it , if I feel that it is not an improvement over an accepted, working design.

This new site lacks everything I grew accustomed to in the "Old" version. It specifically lacks the pizzas and the readability of what it once was. I find it hard to navigate, uses up way too much real estate for the content provided, and has completely alienated me from a website that I spent a great deal of time on, because it was just so easy to browse and comment quickly, in basically the same way, for the past 5 years.

No, I am not and old fart that refuses to change. I am an old fart that has a great deal of experience in this business, has written system interfaces with comparable complexity, and yes, has suffered a number of instances of releasing what I thought to be a revolution, only to have my constituents threaten to burn me at the stake. It is part of being a multimedia provider, and the playing field is full of mines.

Today, the game is "Never alienate your audience." It does not matter if your new version is compliant with all the new web standards, if it meets certain "acceptable" media guidelines, or is what you may conceive as the "way" you want this site to move in to the future. The reality is that your members and readers are going to make that decision for you, irregardless. One must simply look at what Microsoft is facing in Windows 8 to understand it. Presently , major corporations will not even consider implementing it, because it has been basically poisoned by the users it was designed to appeal to.

To that end, especially today, once you have established something that certainly works, and have continued in that vein for as much time as you have, to change it this radically, without alternate recourse could be suicide for your otherwise fine product.

So, I would offer advise that if you insist on having this venue having a presence in this format, then you also allow your old (tried and proven) format to co-exist as well. You have obviously demonstrated that you can easily jump from one to the other, in short order, so why not let your members have the choice of having it presented to them in BOTH formats, and they get to choose which one they like. If you turn out to be correct, that the new format is better, then through attrition, you readers will navigate to that design, once they have found that it suits their respective needs. Otherwise, they get to experience this site the way it always was, and keep them happy. Over time, if the new format becomes preferred by an overwhelming percentage of your members, then you may choose to eliminate the other.

Of course this is a suggestion, but it is an educated one, and one that would obviously suit the majority of people I have talked to, and listened to regarding committing this site totally to this new format , at this stage of the evolution of ATS.

Thanks for your consideration, and I would like to add that I would not even consider posting this comment, if I did not already admire, enjoy and respect the existing ATS as being a premium and much desired web venue.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

shaneR
what the heck is the BEER ICON... please...???

Sit back. Have a beer. Watch the topics roll-in. Jump in when you like.

(post by hatestuff removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
dude that was totally a typo...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
It reminds me of dumbed down Mac apps for look and feel, it feels more kiddy oriented as though aimed at the vacant generation, and as for the emo's, stencils, really

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I like it.

And honestly? I can't see all that much difference between the new and old. Other than the functionality is improved a bit.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

ArchaicDesigns
One of my main concerns is how they discontinued the "friends" section. Just another way to keep us even more distant from people with similar views and passions.

Ah well, they can't stop the "friends" list when you have good old pen and paper.

edit on 9-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

For real, pity I'm a lazy baa*d and didn't get to write 'em down before the change

I 'complained' but I doubt I'll hear back (I rarely do) and I doubt they could do anything about it.

I'm internet-socially awkward, so I've never really had 'friends', but it was great for reference.
I just can't understand what's wrong with at least having a «Respected Members» list, or something like that.
«Foes» and «Ignores» are doff, but I've just lost a list of great, inspiring, interesting characters and contributors - - - no friends? what is this? a sweat-shop?

I do really like the new layout. Less bandwidth, less server usage, cheaper running costs -
buuut, no friends, no posts on profile pages. Hell, one pro about that is no more soap-box religious types posting crap on my wall

Good luck to the emoticon design team - better hurry coz give it a week and peeps will be moaning about that change too

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It broke my userscripts.

All the ignores have escaped, unhindered by the display.none that kept them locked up.

It's chaos.

But actually works on my phone now, yay. if only the PAGE SELCTION BUTTONS WERE BUTTONS... grr

Hate it don't ya

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join