It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Move the "This Post" Button

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Okay, I have a tablet.

So I go to star a post and instead report the post. Argggh. Or I'm scrolling down and my finger grazes over the "this post" button and bam.

I very rarely have much of a problem on ATS, and my tablet is newer, so this inconvience is newer.

Mods, please take note - I don't have a problem with the threads or posts.

The problem is me, I'm all thumbs. Sorry.

Cirque
edit on 8-9-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: correction

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Have you considered pitching the tablet?

It sounds like that would be easier than for the programmers to rewrite the website because of your tablet issues.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DixonHand

Well, I don't really expect them to move it. The entire design of the site will be changing entirely shortly.

I just needed to rant about it. Explain, when they see all these odd reports sent in by me, that it is user error and not an actual problem with the poster or thread.

Did I spell that out clear enough?

Cirque

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I just needed to rant about it. Explain, when they see all these odd reports sent in by me, that it is user error and not an actual problem with the poster or thread.

Hell ya.

You may as well rant because this is quickly becoming the "ATS Rantathon". It seems everyone is in a bad mood today.

Maybe the new site will be more to your liking.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

try zooming in a little?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
reply to post by DixonHand

Well, I don't really expect them to move it. The entire design of the site will be changing entirely shortly.

Did I spell that out clear enough?

Cirque

Um not really. So are you are saying that you are trying to justify why you keep alerting them by telling that it is there fault because 2 words are too close together on your tablet?

That is really confusing

edit on 8-9-2013 by DixonHand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

That is the best way, to solve my problem, huh?

Thanks. That is what I will resort to when starring a post deserving.

I guess with the scrolling, I'm just going to have to be cognicant of keeping my finger to the right of the screen.

I really do love using my tablet for ATS. Instead of sitting secluded and in the corner at the computer desk...

I can instead still sit in the thicket of the family and read. I also share more of ATS by reading out articles to the family, and great posts by users - when using my tablet. I don't share my experience with the family when I'm on the computer because I'm secluded in the experience. So, I really enjoy my tablet when using ATS because it's easier to share my experience with family.

Cirque

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Which tablet are you using, and which browser on that tablet are you using? This website displays exactly the same on my PC, Android tablet, and Android phone. If you have an Apple iPad tablet, then you should probably do like someone mentioned and pitch it into the trash and get an Android tablet.

Also, you might want to try like someone else mentioned and zoom in before hitting a button so that you can be a little more accurate.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Naw, I can't afford Apple. I have a Next book Android. It's cheap' only cost me a hundred. I saved twenty a month for six months to get it. I have four children, I still feel guilty getting it.

I use the browser that came with it. I agree, zooming in is my best option for minimizing my errors.

Cirque

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

If you're using the browser that came with it, may I suggest using a different browser like Boat Browser (one of the best and fastest, and the one I use on all of my Android devices), or Naked Browser (light and fast). You may have a better web experience using a different browser.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm game for trying a new browser.

I tried Dolphin and uninstalled because of it's crash rate. I haven't tried anything since that bad experience with a different browser.

I'll definetly give the boat browser a go.

Thanks for the advice. Lysergic too, Thanks.

Cirque

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I hate the vagaries of touch screens in general and try to avoid using them wherever possible.
If you are a mod you get a whole new set of problem buttons, try to press the applause button and end up deleting someones post and banning them

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
dont those things come with a stylus?

Like the old Palm Pilots?

Try using that it might help cause it has a pointy tip on it.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
But... All "This Post" does is give you the link (your URL changes to the link) that goes directly to that particular post. It isn't the Mod Alert - that is in the drop-down that shows "Member", on the left hand side of the post (you drop it down and select "ALERT!"). So accidentally hitting "This Post" shouldn't be causing anybody any heartache.

edit on 8-0920139-1313 by gwynnhwyfar because: Add more detail.

edit on 8-0920139-1313 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Oh good. I thought it was a report button. A 'this post' needs attention sort of thing. This makes me feel a bit better about my tablet assimilation mishaps!

Cirque

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

To do that you have to use the Alert button that is in the drop down menu to the left of the post (the one that says member)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Oh my goodness. I can just imagine the horrified look on a mods face when that happens!

And the poster! 'What did I do?'

Puts my mishaps in perspective!

Cirque

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Oh good. I thought it was a report button. A 'this post' needs attention sort of thing. This makes me feel a bit better about my tablet assimilation mishaps!

Cirque

Nope, you're fine. No worries!

top topics

join