It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters: Syrian forces may have used gas without Assad's permission

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
BUT...... A big but here..... The chemical weapons unit was able to account for every weapon. So perhaps it really was the rebels. And just because Assad's defense department initially screamed at their chemical weapons unit in the first place (the intel), we are attacking Syria.

The way I look at it, no matter if it was the rebels or an unauthorized use, this does not substantiate any type of war with Syria. Instead we should be working with them to get rid of their chemical weapons unit to prevent a future mistake, the rebels getting their hands on them, or even purposeful activity. Diplomacy, not war....

edit on 8-9-2013 by Elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think if anyone under Assad fired off chemicals weapons without his order they would have been publicly executed on TV along with a pledge from Assad never to used chemical weapons. That would stop any western strike.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
There is zero doubt in my mind (and I think all the available evidence supports) that the rebels did it. Now there is an upcoming interview to be aired in the US where Assad speaks and denies it and what two things do we statt seeing in the media? Maybe it was the army without Assad knowing (yeah right) and a piece I saw on the news today talking about theae alternate possibilities being conspiracies and the host went on negatively about conspiracy theorists and even had a guest that had written a book called American Paranoia or somethibg similar. Funny enough the author mentiones how true conspiricies being revealed every few years doesn't help. Doesnt that mean any theory is liable to be acknowledged in thw future? He even mentioned the guld of tonkin, but wouldn't postulate on Syria.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join