It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Americans Do If Obama Pulls A Bush?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The more I see things unfolding, the more I fee like it was all planned. I'm not a conspiracy guy. Really, I'm not. I believe we went to the moon, I don't believe in the NWO, and I'm not convinced that contrails are chem trails. So I'm not the kind who believes that presidents are complete tools for the folks in power but...

When Bush did this and started a war without congress, we were all pissed and needed to punch somebody so we picked Saddam. It worked. It worked well enough that he still had huge support even after we proved that not only were there no WMDs, but that they actually knew that there weren't before we invaded.

So now we know better and now it's happening again. This time, there aren't a ton of republicans with freedom fries stuck in their ears, wanting to bomb some deserts for vengeance and there aren't even enough democrats supporting him to even make a difference in this situation.

So you would think he would say "Hmmm... I can't cave to the war profiteering lobbyists because I have ZERO support" but, instead, he's talking like he will do it anyway as if it had been predetermined for a very long time.

I voted for him both times and I'd do so again if faced with the same opponents. We know McCain would have had us in WW3 five years ago and Romney would pretty much be doing this but just making it sound more 'Merican and he would have his party's support in this so I don't feel bad for voting for him but... if he does this, against overwhelming disapproval from both parties and nearly every nation, I will finally know. So will the rest of our nation.

What then? How will we react? Will it be the start of getting things in gear for bringing in new political parties? Would it be full scale revolution? What? The biggest irony would be starting his own civil war while trying to stop Syria's.

What do you honestly think will happen if he does this? I really don't have a clue.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well, Obama lovers will think its ok for him to do anything he does. All the rest of us can do nothing that I know of. I say, if America doesn't want it and Syria doesn't want our help then LET IT GO, Let it gobama..........sorry John Kerry, we still don't want to go. The Syrians in possible danger don't want our help, so leave it alone. That even sounds more stupid, in possible danger especially with our "help". The bomb was made out of fluoride so we are just as guilty of chemical weapons, its in our drinking water.
edit on 6-9-2013 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
Well, Obama lovers will think its ok for him to do anything he does. All the rest of us can do nothing that I know of. I say, if America doesn't want it and Syria doesn't want our help then LET IT GO, Let it gobama..........sorry John Kerry, we still don't want to go. The Syrians in possible danger don't want our help, so leave it alone. That even sounds more stupid, in possible danger especially with our "help". The bomb was made out of fluoride so we are just as guilty of chemical weapons, its in our drinking water.
edit on 6-9-2013 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

That's just it though. "Obama lovers" aren't supporting him on this. For the most part, the majority of both sides are totally against this.

Besides, were you going to answer what you think will happen in the US if we do strike?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I think that if the United States does strike Syria...there is going to be major civil unrest in the U.S. and this civil unrest may become so bad and violent; that martial law may be declared.

Many people are upset and angry and think the United States should stay out of Syria's war.

If the congress votes no...and the order is given anyway to strike Syria; well really...no good will come of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Nothing will happen, the majority is too apathetic or ignorant to be malcontented at this point.

Sure a couple Black Bloc's will be out burning McDonald's flags and giving some obscene gestures to little old ladies but that's about it.

The real problems come a few years down the road when the legitimacy of the system is challenged after some really bad decisions.

Just wait, the really bad choices haven't even been made or appreciated yet.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

edit on 6-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It won't happen because he is gonna persuade us all on Tuesday with a live broadcast from his castle. How it was put by his staff: ""gonna flood the zone" (Link below). I take that to mean our tax dollars will be used for advertising campaigns. I take that to mean he knows how persuasive, and has little doubt he can cast a spell over the American people again.

It truly makes my stomach turn to know that leaders justify the use of coercion or a sales pitch on such a matter in spite of what the people believe presently. Your not allowed to do that in a number of professions (ethical violation) but its ok to do it if you have the power over the world.

We will see how many Americans change their minds by Wednesday and know if Americans are capable of sticking to their beliefs. Lots of info is out there so there isn't much he can tell us we don't already know so I'm anxious to see how he will approach this one. And don't try to post on news site reply forums to let people be aware of this psychosocial menuver if it should come to that (an attempt to rally people without bringing anything new to the table), because I've been told they pick and choose what is allowed, and they have likely already chosen their side.

Sorry - pretty jaded at this point over Syria and how our government has handled it. Need to step away from it for a few days.

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 6-9-2013 by Dianec because: Reference needed

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I really do believe that Tuesday night most Americans will agree with Obama that we need to bomb Syria! I think he is just too skilled at speaking and most who are undecided or who haven't been paying attention will agree with him .........

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The united sheeples of America will do the same as they have always done - nothing.

Not even the real possibility of a world war will move them to protest the insane actions of their government.....the only people in the world who COULD do something.

It's far more important that they get to hang on to their precious peeshooters, to protect themselves against imaginary bogeymen.
edit on 6-9-2013 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Actually, if Obama pulls a Bush, I'd be delighted.

2.Bush in Iraq: Attacked after UN inspectors turned away, in violation of Security Council resolutions.

Obama in Syria: Announced plans to attack before any inspections, and in fact opposed UN inspections.

3.Bush in Iraq: Attacked after UN Security Council deadlocked on authorization for use of force.

Obama in Syria: Has not attempted to obtain UN Security Council authorization for use of force.

4.Bush in Iraq: Attacked after building multinational "coalition of the willing" with Britain.

Obama in Syria: Plans to attack without multinational coalition and after British rejection of war.

5.Bush in Iraq: Sought authorization from Congress first, before going to UN or planning any attack.

Obama in Syria: Opposed authorization from Congress until "red line" & attack were already announced.

www.breitbart.com...

Oh, and once war was declared Bush gave up golf for the remainder of his Presidency.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The one thing that is missing from all talk about this event in Syria. There was a weapon of mass destruction already used. No it was not a mushroom cloud you could see. It was invisible gas that killed you before you knew it was even there.

Weapons of mass destruction nuclear,chemical and biological weapons. Chemical weapon used check. People know it is a WMD

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

What will people do? Go right along with it like ‘they’ did before.

Their eyes will brighten while channel surfing - their finger will pause a moment over the change-the-channel button - those shocking headlines leaving their ears ringing with the new catch phrases and ‘key words’ for the strike. Then it’ll be right back to gawking at near nude post pubescents twearking on stage like they’re possessed, catching wood over the next commercial item they have to buy all while choking down another Big Mac and bottle a beer.

Paaaaleeeeeezeee! What do you think they’re going to do? Stand up and grow a freakin’ pair?

peace

edit on 7-9-2013 by silo13 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Cuervo

Actually, if Obama pulls a Bush, I'd be delighted.

2.Bush in Iraq: Attacked after UN inspectors turned away, in violation of Security Council resolutions.

Obama in Syria: Announced plans to attack before any inspections, and in fact opposed UN inspections.

3.Bush in Iraq: Attacked after UN Security Council deadlocked on authorization for use of force.

Obama in Syria: Has not attempted to obtain UN Security Council authorization for use of force.

4.Bush in Iraq: Attacked after building multinational "coalition of the willing" with Britain.

Obama in Syria: Plans to attack without multinational coalition and after British rejection of war.

5.Bush in Iraq: Sought authorization from Congress first, before going to UN or planning any attack.

Obama in Syria: Opposed authorization from Congress until "red line" & attack were already announced.

www.breitbart.com...

Oh, and once war was declared Bush gave up golf for the remainder of his Presidency.

What I was going to say

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I for one have, have said no but then is there enough to over come the "yes we should" ? For he, Obama or any POTUS has the right to use military action with or with out Congress or the peoples say, he is just getting the feel and seeing whom is behind him--NSA watch list.
There is more to this than the use of some chemicals in Syria.

What will people do when he acts ?? The same as when Bush did his deed For the POUTS is just the POTUS it is the House and Senate that call the shots for they have the power to stop to this by passing laws and bills, but as of now they do act on your s or mine behalf they just have their own agendas to look out for an protect, and this odes not include your No's.

In short the people will roll over and pretend it is not their fault for they will go along with the game plan as before and say oh well and complain in post it is everyone's else fault.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

edit on 7-9-2013 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The guy next to Assad might change what happens. He defected to Turkey. And not a word about what he is saying. But Assad has been posting he is still in Syria they even said he died the other day. Could he be a Tuesday surprise?

The Defection from Gen. Ali Habib is fake he 'Die' in 2011
www.liveleak.com...

General Ali Habib, ex-defence minister is in Tartous
syriahr.com...

edit on 7-9-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

"Pulls a Bush"?? Bush had the the support of the American people-plus many,many other nations-to go into Iraq.....Obama has the support of.....France? That's about it as far as I can tell......

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Obama doesn't decide anything. he's just a spokes model. He shouldn't get all the flack. That's what they want us to do, put it all on him, not knowing that there's anyone there pulling his strings. Obviously there is.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Why the Bush bashing?

Bush didn't do what Obama has done. He went to Libya without congressional approval. It is not like it is something new.

Just for the record when did Bush go to war without congressional approval?

With just a small amount of research you would know that there were convoy's that left Iraq for Syria. The weapons that they are talking about now in Syria are the same weapons that Saddam had. We know damn well that Saddam had WND's because we sold them to him.

Wikipedia

Support from the U.S. for Iraq was not a secret and was frequently discussed in open session of the Senate and House of Representatives. On June 9, 1992, Ted Koppel reported on ABC's Nightline, "It is becoming increasingly clear that George Bush, operating largely behind the scenes throughout the 1980s, initiated and supported much of the financing, intelligence, and military help that built Saddam's Iraq into the power it became",[5] and "Reagan/Bush administrations permitted—and frequently encouraged—the flow of money, agricultural credits, dual-use technology, chemicals, and weapons to Iraq."[6]

So yeah Saddam had WND's!
edit on 7-9-2013 by Diisenchanted because: spelling error

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The same thing that happened when Bush pulled a Bush.

Not a damn thing. America will sit still, like a good dog waiting for table scraps.

It's going to have to get medieval out there before the American public becomes interested in making a move.

<<   2 >>

join