It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grissom Air Reserve base stand off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
www.theindychannel.com...

not sure what to think about this..Not much is being said about this so far.I'm not to far from here..

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by indy0725

Heard it was a suicide bomber, with a vest.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
No real info yet, keep us posted

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Here's a link to the Howard County Indiana Live Audio Feed at Broadcastify.com. There are a number of feeds including Kokomo Police and Fire, Howard County Sheriff and Fire Dispatch

Grissom Air Reserve Base is a United States Air Force base, located approximately 12 miles (19 km) north of Kokomo, Indiana.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 9/6/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The guy is apparently in custody. It sounds like it was a civilian.

fox59.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

There aren't many units on Grissom anymore. Currently it's home to the 434th Air Refueling Wing, which consists of Operations, Medical, Maintenance, and Support Groups, as well as the 72nd Air Refueling Squadron, and the 74th Air Refueling Squadron, both KC-135s (a total of approximately 16 aircraft). It's part of 4th Air Force, Air Force Reserve. When active they are part of the Air Mobility Command.

There is an extremely nice air park just outside the base, that holds a number of interesting aircraft, from the F-14, to the B-47, and many many in between.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I seem to remember a story a couple days out of info wars about war heads being moved to a base in Florida........Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I've raced at regional and national events(cars) on that tarmac and its an awesome place with grippy concrete and other areas of broken and neglected concrete. It sees very little military action of any type if at all. Always loved going there.

I didn't go in the museum yet, as the other poster mentioned, I will next time I am there.

There is a nice prison right next to the tarmac, I guess not related?!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Looks like he was a nutter. They took him to a mental hospital and are only considering some minor charges which I expect they will drop is indeed nuts.

new topics

top topics

join