It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Diplomacy Knocks, ANSWER THE $#%*ING DOOR!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This whole Syrian mess is just that... a mess.

A mess that is about to get to get a whole lot worse when we have 'leaders' who refuse to talk to another world power in times like these.

First off, the Republican, Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio), turns down meeting a delegation of visiting Russian diplomats to discuss Syria. Classy move there bub, way to be a voice of reason.

And now today, we have Democrat Majority Leader, Harry Reid (D-Nevada), pulling another ostrich moment and dismissing the Russian delegation.

Russians turned down again

For all of this blabber about 'morality' and 'doing the right thing', why are these men not at least talking with a potential ally? Are they purposely trying to anger Putin and the Russian Federation? I thought we, the United States of America, were supposed to exhaust ALL diplomatic measures before considering kinetic action?

What a sad, sad country we have now, thanks to the evil and greedy clowns in our government.

edit on 5-9-2013 by Dreine because: bart

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Its all posturing. Theres a certain segment of our population which will view this as "strength".

Or it could just be that they know what the Russians are going to say and simply "dont want to hear it".

But the fact is, they dont want diplomacy. WAR has been a tool of theirs for the past century.

What did Ron Paul say during the 2012 debates, "we're paying 12,000 diplomats, lets try using some of them".

During one of his speeches, Ron Paul quoted Abraham Lincoln:

edit on 5-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
So what if Boehner turned down Russia ?

Hell those are Russian weapons killing Syrians.

Those were Russian weapons killing Americans in Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Russian weapons are the preferred weapons of 'terrorists'.

Not to mention their support of Iran.

Then there is Snowden.

Russia are no saints.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

gladtobehere
reply to post by Dreine

Its all posturing. Theres a certain segment of our population which will view this as "strength".

Or it could just be that they know what the Russians are going to say and simply "dont want to hear it".

What did Ron Paul say during the 2012 debates, "we're paying 12,000 diplomats, lets try using some of them".

It definitely is posturing.

I also suspect that if they were to meet, the Russians would ask for the supposed evidence we have and both Boehner and Reid would have nothing and the ruse would be up.

And to those who think the President would have to lead the charge in negotiations, history shows us that's simply not the case... see the Cuban Missile Crisis and the role Robert Kennedy had to play. We should NEVER turn down a request from another nation to sit down and discuss things in a rational manner when it comes to things like starting a war.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

neo96

Then there is Snowden.

Russia are no saints.

Russia are indeed not saints.
Neither are we, or anyone for that matter.

But what if these meetings are a way for Putin to communicate to us without going through Celebrity in Chief Obama? The Russians are backing their ally, and while he's a terrible SOB, he is their terrible SOB.

We had Mubarak and Musharrif, they have Assad.

We would be doing the same thing if the Russians were threatening to launch an attack against Israel for killing Palestinians.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

I couldn't care less about the Russia mafia state.

As much contempt as I have for my own government Russia is WORSE.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

neo96

Then there is Snowden.

Russia are no saints.

First time I remember when I agree with you.

Russia used to be a super-power, now they just eff with us via proxy, N. Korea, Iran, Syria..

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I see little, if ANY, difference between the Russia mafia and the Chicago-style machine running our government now.

I can't do anything about Russia. I can at least do a little bit about what goes on in my own country.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
There could be more to this, especially with both turning them down. There are outright laws...literal acts passed by previous Congresses...which prohibit Americans other than the President or those designated by him to conduct direct foreign policy.

That's hardly relevant for 90% of what Congress people meet with foreign delegations about, but these are far from normal times, too. I have little doubt they were not looking to meet up and talk about this years Wheat or Soybean crop much less something like gay rights in Russia these days.

If Obama outright told them not to meet with the Russians, per that clause regarding separation of powers and the legal issues of policy responsibility, they'd have to politely decline. It's hard to say what is happening right now when it's all games within games and often carrying meaning to issues we may not even be aware of from day to day. (That's why there is such a rock solid wall of separation. A President could be running a play to solve a crisis when a well intentioned Congressman walks in and blows the whole thing by accident)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

It's like they're playing political games at the mercy of the people of the world. I agree with what you're saying. If government leaders can't sit down and talk about their differences and be civilized, the world is in a heap of trouble. Why do we allow just a few people decide the fate of the majority.

The only time leaders of countries meet is when they discuss political views, or when a conflict is going on. Government leaders are always meeting to discuss political matters. Instead, they should be meeting twice a year for a three day picnic ignoring their differences, their political agendas and just enjoying each other's company. Maybe, just maybe, they would get to know each other and become friends. How many times do people think they really know somebody, until they spend a lot of time shooting the bull and drinking a few beers.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

While we are debating the fate of Syria in this forums and trying to find a solution even when we know that our opinions do not matter when it comes to the political body in this nation, is good to know that we the common people cares.

Sadly Syria's fate has been sealed long time ago, even before the excuse of Assad chemical attack.

US with the Obama administration is finishing what started long ago in an agenda to destabilize the middle east countries of interest.

Since last year the planning of attack and the invasion of Syria is been a done deal, what we are witnessing is just the pony show that the government engage before an attack of yet another country.

edit on 5-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Sorry but I got to get use to the new format.

edit on 5-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join