It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland Man Guilty Of Murdering Friend During Argument Over Existence Of God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Kills his friend during an alcohol and coc aine-fueled argument

Yim killed 25-year-old Dzuy Duhn Phan after a night of partying and playing video games. Another friend, Paul Park, testified the two men had engaged in a heated discussion about God.

Yim became enraged and grabbed his gun after Phan asked Yim where God was when Yim’s father died of a stroke several years earlier.

Some friendly advice:

Believers: Never mix Alcohol with your Cocaine when defending your God's existence.
Non-believers: Just smile, nod and pretend to agree.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

I hope this doesn't turn into a gun debate, "coc aine is hell'va drug"-rick james

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is about the individual yes but that sheer f###### blind angry passion the religious have is a danger to mankind as a whole. All religions .

" Believe in my god or die "

We should give them all mass showers in conspicuous factory units
I joke I joke

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
At least one of then now had the definitive answer to that question.

The other will get his answer on whether or not Hell exists when his time comes.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It seems he killed the other guy due to his comment about his dead father. I think there are plenty of non-religious people who would do the same thing in that situation. I don't mean it's acceptable or common to kill someone for using someone's dead father as ammunition during an argument, just that such things can an do happen regardless of one's religious leanings.

I'm not religious, I'm not saying this to absolve religion of anything. But this guy likely wouldn't have done anything crazy if his dead father wasn't brought up. I don't think the religion aspect played any part, besides inciting the original argument that lead to this unfortunate outcome.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

People use dead relatives in religious arguments fairly consistently. Part of the reason for that is that is frequently the most difficult time for a person undergoing a loss in terms of faith. Heck I've had the loss of two babies be related to a punishment by God for some imagined crime in the past and I didn't even slap the speaker, much less shoot him. I just politely told the speaker to gtfo. If the usage of a dead loved one was such a provocative thing, then we'd be seeing cases like this one all of the time because politics and religion are both the most heated and frequent discussions that people have and it gets to low verbal blows.

The issue here is that Yim was a nut with some serious anger issues who behaved outside of what is acceptable in both social laws and religious. The stronger argument would be most people would not engage in such a thing because of something somebody said. Only the juvenile, extremely tempermental, or outright mentally unstable would do such a thing--religious belief not included.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
People who are drinking and using drugs are already mentally affected to begin with as they are a cover for deep seated problems ( self medication ) . To argue with someone who is hyped up on these stimulants is asinine.

Never try to reason or argue with anyone who's on drugs/alcohol intoxicated firstly. It doesn't end well and never will. Call the police or leave. Give them no audience. No fuel to the fire.

I think it's sad to argue over "Religion" it's stupid. But, he pulled out a deep wound about "Where was God when your father died" and struck a deep nerve. Most likely he was an alcoholic/user because of this. Who knows for sure.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

Phan is prolly like " you won this round Yim, you rascallion you !! "

.... to be continued, in the next life.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Funny how asking a rational question to the irrational makes them go crazy and shoot you. Wait...Sad actually.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This is why organised religion scares the beegesus out of me. Too many define their being and worth by their religion and use it as a separating factor between themselves and Joe Shmoe. Why does what someone believes in have to divide everyone? Oh right, they were raised to think like that..

new topics

top topics

join