It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus presents Himself as God

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I answered that question . . .

You said, "Jesus will be sitting on the throne of God in the new kingdom."

The "new kingdom" is now, Jesus is Lord over it, ruling from the right hand of God.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You stated:
Very soon, Jesus is going to ask you and every person on the earth to become Catholic.

You are obviously catholic , jesus was a Jew ; point of fact he was of Nazarene persuasion as far as his earthly denominational identity as it concerned towards his earthly family.
Now you contend that he will return to tell us to worship god through an apostate religion that condones idol worship and worship of a pope as god incarnate upon earth?
Christ is the truth the way and the light. The will to live is the unseen and untalked about will of god imparted to all living things. Man perverts this will . Christ is of a living god and tried to teach us how to live according to gods will. He summed it up this way : love The Lord your god with all your heart and with all your soul and all your mind , and love your neighbor as yourself . Matt 37-40
It also states in the bible not to condem those others who teach the word in christs name , that they are brothers.
Now if Christ did not condem or convert but to teach gods will, are you saying he would condem those who believe upon him if they weren't catholic? Are you mad? Or have you had personal divine revelation from god? You know that that is not permitted for Catholics , you must get the popes permission to claim such a revelation don't you?

You need to do more research outside of your church's influence , actually read christs teachings and not someone's commentary on him, cause each differs slightly in their opinions about what is right and wrong.
And as far as heavenly females are concerned the bible states within the psalms the " she" is wisdom, it also alludes to the Holy Spirit as being of feminine aspect; ie the church filled with the Holy Spirit shall marry Christ and become one.
I believe my God loves all his children and will for us is to live. I also believe that his will is for a greater life not of the flesh or of worldly things. I believe the proper flesh will be inhabited by those who obey his will and live the life we were given an not pervert it.
God is the only one to praise, without his will given to us to live we would not even be. So soon the will to live will be taken from the earth when mankind realizes that life without The one true god is no life at all, that the false gods of the world bring only death.
And for those unbelievers who ask " why would god let good people die"
I say read the bible but also , what gods such as money or nations or self do you worship that let bad things happen? Do they enforce? Or do they allow the people who want to help to actually help? NO! You cheap minded fools! Whole nations are held hostage by evil leaders with nuclear bombs and terrorists funded by oil and drugs with ak 's , and so children starve because food is a commodity, people die without proper medicine because health is a commodity , we are in hell because we've allowed our souls to become a commodity , with people being bought and sold at work, at church, and even at home ,, give to god what belongs to him ( life) and let Caesar have what belongs to him ( death) ( just keep doing as those in Rome , as the saying goes)...
- May all your journeys bear good fruit

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

I answered that question . . .

You said, "Jesus will be sitting on the throne of God in the new kingdom."

The "new kingdom" is now, Jesus is Lord over it, ruling from the right hand of God.

Pretty jacked up kingdom, with every sect, faction and denomination attacking the other and certain people pointing the finger at others and calling them cultists when they're in cults themselves. Are you implying he is the King of Chaos?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Those who are working against Jesus are not of him, and are "of the world".

Those who are of Jesus are in the Kingdom spiritually.

The physical world itself is under the dominion of Jesus who directs things
through those who are subject to him.

We have no way of understanding how much worse the world would be
without Jesus' intervention.

By not recognizing the current lordship of Jesus, you are accepting by default
the "prince of this world" as your lord and god.
edit on 8-9-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

We have no way of understanding how much worse the world would be
without Jesus' intervention.

Nothing has changed for the better. If anything it's gotten worse. The world today is no different than it was 2000 years ago, except that it obtained a face lift. The needy never run out, there is a never ending stream of the poor, sick and diseased. Those in power take advantage of those who are not. Nothing has changed at all, it's the same as it ever was.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strollin
reply to post by colbe

You stated:
Very soon, Jesus is going to ask you and every person on the earth to become Catholic.

You are obviously catholic , jesus was a Jew ; point of fact he was of Nazarene persuasion as far as his earthly denominational identity as it concerned towards his earthly family.
Now you contend that he will return to tell us to worship god through an apostate religion that condones idol worship and worship of a pope as god incarnate upon earth?
Christ is the truth the way and the light. The will to live is the unseen and untalked about will of god imparted to all living things. Man perverts this will . Christ is of a living god and tried to teach us how to live according to gods will. He summed it up this way : love The Lord your god with all your heart and with all your soul and all your mind , and love your neighbor as yourself . Matt 37-40
It also states in the bible not to condem those others who teach the word in christs name , that they are brothers.
Now if Christ did not condem or convert but to teach gods will, are you saying he would condem those who believe upon him if they weren't catholic? Are you mad? Or have you had personal divine revelation from god? You know that that is not permitted for Catholics , you must get the popes permission to claim such a revelation don't you?

You need to do more research outside of your church's influence , actually read christs teachings and not someone's commentary on him, cause each differs slightly in their opinions about what is right and wrong.
And as far as heavenly females are concerned the bible states within the psalms the " she" is wisdom, it also alludes to the Holy Spirit as being of feminine aspect; ie the church filled with the Holy Spirit shall marry Christ and become one.
I believe my God loves all his children and will for us is to live. I also believe that his will is for a greater life not of the flesh or of worldly things. I believe the proper flesh will be inhabited by those who obey his will and live the life we were given an not pervert it.
God is the only one to praise, without his will given to us to live we would not even be. So soon the will to live will be taken from the earth when mankind realizes that life without The one true god is no life at all, that the false gods of the world bring only death.
And for those unbelievers who ask " why would god let good people die"
I say read the bible but also , what gods such as money or nations or self do you worship that let bad things happen? Do they enforce? Or do they allow the people who want to help to actually help? NO! You cheap minded fools! Whole nations are held hostage by evil leaders with nuclear bombs and terrorists funded by oil and drugs with ak 's , and so children starve because food is a commodity, people die without proper medicine because health is a commodity , we are in hell because we've allowed our souls to become a commodity , with people being bought and sold at work, at church, and even at home ,, give to god what belongs to him ( life) and let Caesar have what belongs to him ( death) ( just keep doing as those in Rome , as the saying goes)...
- May all your journeys bear good fruit

Hi Strollin,

I truly believe you believe what you do and so do I about Roman Catholicism. I can't change your mind, only prayers or a sacrifice offered will bring God's grace to convert a person's heart. I was thinking about ATS, my threads and posts aren't helping anyone...should I continue?

The things you believe about the faith are not true, no offense. Jesus promised in Matthew 16:18, Satan will not destroy the faith. We are all sinners, some very wicked people BUT on faith and morals, the faith is true and hasn't changed, RC is still the teachings of Christ.

Let's say someone is anti-Catholic or a fallen away Catholic. The coming Great Tribulation and the prophesied persecution of the faith, the anti-Christ takes over and he brings changes never seen before...well, the people who say "no" now will think they are right but they will be wrong. Catholicism is going to be crucified like Christ.

This worldwide "awakening" is a gift from God. When it happens you are going to have to decide one way or the other. Accept what you will be shown by God. A short time after this awakening, weeks, the anti-Christ will take over. We are not far from these prophesied events. (See page 4), a seer from Brazil heard these words from Our Lord Aug 23, 2013. This is the Great Warning...the "awakening."

..."I AM LOVE AND JUSTICE AT THE SAME TIME, I come soon with a scale in My hands and each one of you will present yourselves with your works and your actions before Me to be weighed in My Scale, for I am not only Love, but Justice, if not, I would not be Your God."...

love,

colbe

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

The world today is no different than it was 2000 years ago . . .

Sorry to find out that you have decided to join "the world" in dismissing Jesus and joining sides with the atheists and agnostics.
I believe that Jesus and God are real and are a positive influence oh humanity.
We do have a part and we need to put the blame in the proper place if things are not as good as they should be.
I think that a lot of that comes from people dismissing the importance of our actions, in the belief that prophecy says it will all get burnt up anyway.
edit on 8-9-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

It is good of you to believe in Christ and I'm sure your posts are reaching some. All those who believe and keep faith to the end will be saved. Stay strong in Christ . The time is drawing near for all Christians to pull together in his name.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Strollin
reply to post by colbe

It is good of you to believe in Christ and I'm sure your posts are reaching some. All those who believe and keep faith to the end will be saved. Stay strong in Christ . The time is drawing near for all Christians to pull together in his name.

Your words mean so much, I give you a hug. Makes me want to keep posting at ATS. Tee hee, a few
will say "ugh"..."oh no!!"

love and God bless you,

colbe

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I would worry about your own soul tbh colbe, seeing the amount of hatred you post and the lack of love and understanding for your fellow man.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

lonewolf19792000
reply to post by jmdewey60

Nothing has changed for the better. If anything it's gotten worse. The world today is no different than it was 2000 years ago, except that it obtained a face lift.

Not true. There many, many, more cures for diseases than there were 2000 years ago. There is better technology. Back then, 2000 years ago a larger percentage of the world were living in dirt and ripped up clothing. The percentage today is much lower than 2000 years ago. Even the homeless have more programs for support such as homeless shelters.

Most Christians are so pessimistic.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I agree, we don't cut off a persons hand nowadays for stealing a loaf of bread when hungry, people are not killed for having different beliefs...wait they still are
, to me the religious fundies of all religions are the problem.....still.
Great to see that the new pope has said you don't need to be religious to goto heaven, just a decent person.
Hey Colbe you can't threaten anyone with Hell anymore, nor tell Gay people they will goto Hell.....your Pope has said so.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I have discussed this topic online and in real life to the point of ad nauseum. Thus I will just congratulate the posters in this thread who have figured out that God & Jesus are indeed two separate distinct entities, with Jesus having been created. You are on the right path, you have leveled up when it come to real truth.

John 4:24

God is a spirit. Those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Another thing to ponder is those within Christianity that would find the path would be in the minority

Matthew 7 : 13 & 14

13"Enter through the narrow gate because the gate and road that lead to destruction are wide. Many enter through the wide gate. 14But the narrow gate and the road that lead to life are full of trouble. Only a few people find the narrow gate.

If you carefully analyze the full context of those scriptures, you know he is talking about believers not non-believers. And 4th century dogma and doctrine has never been in the minority it has always been in the majority, a wide gate and a wide road, and we know where that path goes.
edit on 13-9-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Revelation 3:12

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

So, which is it? God's name or Jesus' new name? Let me answer that for you...

Zechariah 14:9

And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

Who is it that sits on the throne in Heaven? God AND the Lamb. Why? Because the Spirit of God resides in the Lamb.

Revelation 22:1-4

22 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

Notice, those verses don't same "them" or "they". It says "his" and "him", as in singular.

The Father is glorified IN the Son and through the Son.

John 14:13

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

1 John 2:23-24

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

Philippians 2:10-11

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Hebrews 1:6

6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Both of them said that they were the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last for a reason. God created the heavens and the earth THROUGH Jesus.

Isaiah 44:24 (God)

24 Thus saith the Lord, thy REDEEMER, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Colossians 1:16-17 (Jesus)

16 For BY him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

edit on 13-9-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure that the words of Jesus, as opposed to epistles and recollections of wild visions, trumps all!

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

You mean the same words that were also written down by the same apostle? Sheesh!

edit on 13-9-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

This:

John 14:13

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

1 John 2:23-24

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Does not contradict this:

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Sheesh!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Revelation was written by John too, in case you forgot.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

windword

I'm pretty sure that the words of Jesus, as opposed to epistles and recollections of wild visions, trumps all!

By the way, since you want to quote from John 20, let's scroll down a few more verses there...

John 20:27-28

27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Again, not the words of Jesus.

Revelation was written by John too, in case you forgot.

No it wasn't.

The answer is that almost everything in John Patmos' hallucination opposes the Gospel Jesus' words, ways, and teachings. All one must do is pay attention to what John Patmos wrote. That will be done, with some detail, later in this critique. But first, some general background information is needed.

The Greek literary styles of John Patmos and John Apostle were examined in very early Christianity to prove these are two different writers. Eighteen hundred years ago, Dionysius (Bishop of the Patriarchy of Alexandria) stated that "Revelation" was not written by the same person who wrote John's Gospel and Letters. (Eusebius' History of the Church, 7.25) His opinion came from his comparing their two writing styles and found John Patmos to be entirely different from John Apostle and any other New Testament writer.

We do not need to be Greek scholars to look at the text of the Gospel and letters of Apostle John to notice John Patmos contradicts John Apostle at every turn. Those examples are examined in this report. But now we should remember that "Revelation" was doubted in Eastern Christianity and not generally accepted into the New Testament until AD 508. Some ancient Christian branches still do not include it in their Bibles. Therefore discussion and criticism of "Revelation" is not a new and is not a disrespectful activity.
www.christian-community.org...

edit on 13-9-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join