It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Spoke To Two Nice People ... But They Were Dumb!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I had to go to the grocery store this morning so off I went with shopping list in hand. Got everything I needed and went to the checkout line. A nice older black woman was the checkout clerk. Very nice woman. Chatty. Proud of her grandchildren. She said one is a marine. That's when the conversation really got started.

I said ... you must be nervous for him because of what is happening in Syria. She said .. "oh not at all. President Obama isn't that George Bush. Obama doesn't lie. He won't get us into something we can't get out of like that Bush did." And that's when the woman who was bagging the groceries spoke up. She also was an older black grandmother. She agreed with the check out clerk. (to paraphrase the two of them) "Nothing to worry about. Obama's got it covered. He doesn't lie. We will be in and out. We have to do something because that country is killing it's own people." and then a lot more bad Bush, bad Bush, bad Bush.

I was polite. I didn't push it. Obviously these two women are part of the 9% of the country that supports action in Syria and nothing will change their minds about their fella Obama.

But it was interesting to listen to them. They didn't care that Al Qaeda or the Muslim Brotherhood were 'the rebels'. They didn't believe that Obama had lied about 'the red line' or anything else for that matter. They didn't know our objective (we don't have one) or how we'd achieve it (you can't achieve a 'no objective', right?) . They didn't know anything about any of this except that Obama said we have to stop the Syrians from killing the Syrians and so we need to be there, and they trust him completely.

It was really surreal to me .... I guess I'm used to people at ATS asking the hard questions and digging down for facts. There aren't many O-bots here (a few, but not many) so when they pop up in real life it's pretty wild listening to them. It was an odd experience. (I guess I should get out more.
)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Oh my gosh, wow. This makes me laugh, but it really isn't funny. Presidents aren't allowed to lie! Don't we all know that!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well at least they knew about Syria. When I talked to my daughter and son in law a week or two ago they had no idea what I was talking about. My son in law also told me he was trying to join the military. I suggested that that might not be the best idea at the moment but of course he knew better.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago
My son in law also told me he was trying to join the military.

My daughter told me she wants to go Air Force ROTC. In the past I would have been very proud of that. But when she said it I told her to hold off ... because right now our Air Force is being used as AL QAEDA's Air Force because Obama is being buddies with Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood.

She understood. (good kid ... keeps up with what's really going on).

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

"AL QAEDA's Air Force" I love that one.

You're lucky she's enlightened and listens. All (and I mean all) of the young people I know have absolutely no clue about what is going on. If it doesn't have anything to do with League of Legends Online or NetFlix then it's totally off the radar. Truly I fear for the 20 something generation.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have a friend who lives in Detroit and she told me people there really think the TV is a truth machine. Same as you said OP "Obama wouldn't lie he's one of us"

OBAMA-NATION!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent008
I have a friend who lives in Detroit ....

That's all you had to say .... and we get it. Detroit. Little Arabia. Broke 82% Black
I"m not surprised that they luv on Obama no matter what the facts say.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

It's called color-blindness. He's the right color so they're blind.

top topics

join