It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul - Why I'm Voting 'NO" to Syria Strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I wish ALL of DC would read this and listen.
I could write a 10 page essay on why we should not go into Syria.
But this is quick and to the point.
The entire article is good. Here is a quote.

Time - Sen Rand Paul Why I"m Voting No

War should occur only when America is attacked, when it is threatened or when American interests are attacked or threatened. I don’t think the situation in Syria passes that test. Even the State Department argues that “there’s no military solution here that’s good for the Syrian people, and that the best path forward is a political solution.”

The U.S. should not fight a war to save face. I will not vote to send young men and women to sacrifice life and limb for stalemate. I will not vote to send our nation’s best and brightest to fight for anything less than victory. If American interests are at stake, then our goal should not be stalemate. ....

Are the Islamic rebels our allies? Will they defend American interests? Will they acknowledge Israel’s right to exist? Will they impose Shari‘a? Will they tolerate Christians, or will they pillage and destroy ancient Christian churches and people?

The President and his Administration have not provided good answers to any of these questions.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Don't forget

Why are we backing Al CIAda
Why didn't we respond when Israel used white phosphorous on the palestinians
Why are we saving the Syrian civilians by killing more of them with a strike
etc etc
But yeah he made some very valid points

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

The Obama administration wants a war. Period.

They are looking at 2014 as a watershed event for democrats/republicans and incumbants who have done nothing to help the jobless, the economy, the millions more on foodstamps.

Our nation is sinking. When the Fed stops it's 80+ billions a month on Quantitative Easement, our nation is going to collapse under this "bubble economy" that we have now.

Obama needs a bloody war to distract us from the sick, cancerous malaise infecting the US.

That's why most are going to vote for this war.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

The President and his Administration have not provided good answers to any of these questions.

This is the crux of the matter....There has been NO sufficient information or answers to pressing questions to warrant any support from congress or from the people. Rand has mirrored the sentiment of many Americans.

Rand, like the other congressmen/women, have had a chance to review the information, including the classified sessions, and to hear he still doesn't believe their is sufficient information makes this decision all the more clear.

I am hoping that rational and logical thought prevails here, but for some reason I worry that final congressional disapproval will have the odds stacked against it.

And, lets not forget Obama reserves the right to conduct a strike with or without congressional and popular support.

edit on 5-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder

Don't forget

Why are we backing Al CIAda

Truth.

Israel Committed War Crimes in White Phosphorus Strike, Says UN.

Another great article on our government's hypocrisy appeared on a military and veteran's website titled "Punishment for Syria, Rewards for Syria’s Neighbour Israel".

My question is, will Rand get a chance to vote?

The media was busy peddling some BS about a Senate "panel" which voted. Not the Senate, a Senate "panel".

Whats that mean? Well, what it means is that Obama knows he wont get Congressional approval, so they assembled a bunch of traitors to vote yes and then had the neo-con Left/Right media announce it non stop as though it was a real Congressional vote.

edit on 5-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Really good article

I think he speaks for the majority of the American if not most of the world on this issue

I only wish the other senators had the balls to say what they Really think , without thinking ill go along with the potus because I earn over" five figure sum "a year and I like my standard of living, so I wont rock the boat

Cowards the majority of them.

Riouz

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Yeah, and don't forget the US and (i'm ashamed to say) UK using nuclear weapons in both Iraq and Afghanistan in the form of cancer and mutagenic causing Depleted Uranium munitions.

DU rounds? Only your basic radiological nightmare.

And this has been going on for years, and the damage will continue and linger for years...about 4.5 Billion years.

And the US thinks a fake chemcial sting op in Syria is worse than what it has been spreading around the ME?

edit on 5-9-2013 by MysterX because: correction

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by Bilder

Yeah, and don't forget the US and (i'm ashamed to say) UK using nuclear weapons in both Iraq and Afghanistan in the form of cancer and mutagenic causing Depleted Uranium munitions.

DU rounds? Only your basic radiological nightmare.

And this has been going on for years, and the damage will continue and linger for years...about 4.5 Billion years.

And the US thinks a fake chemcial sting op in Syria is worse than what it has been spreading around the ME?

edit on 5-9-2013 by MysterX because: correction

You've nailed it there ,I think depleted Uranium is possibly the greatest crime against humanity that has ever been committed,birth defects are already on the rise in Iraq and I believe in years to come the true cost is going to be staggering,huge parts of the middle east will be uninhabitable

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

It's disgusting isn't it.

I mean..it's not like our weapons weren't deadly before DU.

Only this time, the weapons keep on killing and maiming long after they have been fired and forgotten.

Truely outrageous.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
At least someone is speaking up about the stupidity of this war.

I like how the Arabs will pay for it but won't die for it. Cowards.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by suz62
At least someone is speaking up about the stupidity of this war.

I like how the Arabs will pay for it but won't die for it. Cowards.

Don't forget Israel is worse than the Arabs. Israel cries for other nations to attack Syria and they contribute nothing at least the Arabs are kicking in a few bucks.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Very true. Israel is nothing but a troublemaker, a fly. We should cut them loose.

new topics

top topics

join