It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry reveals Arab countries have offered to PAY America to carry out full-scale invasion of Sy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Secretary of State John Kerry said during a hearing Wednesday in the House of Representatives that counties in the Arab world have offered to foot the entire bill for a U.S. military mission that destroys the Bashar al-Assad regime in Syria.
'With respect to Arab countries offering to bear costs and to assist, the answer is profoundly yes,' Kerry said. 'They have. That offer is on the table.'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

So they're just selling wars now, eh? How much are they going for? 2 countries get 1 free? Democracy discount? Do you take oil as payment? Hmm.. Iceland has been giving me the eye lately. Ill take one.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

John Kerry reveals he and obama are openly pimps now?
and our children are openly for sale?
ROFL

arab freinds of kerry and co.:

sell me your children!

sorry couldn't find one with an actual sheik

edit on 4-9-2013 by TheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Complete insanity. Why not just rent out our weapons (Warships, Carriers, Etc) to pay down national debt?

Doing this Syria thing is BAD news. We're not even waiting for the UN report to come back. Cripe.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Hooray - The economy is saved!

/Sarcasm off

Wonder how many other "wars" have been financially backed

Who actually benefits / profits, the US State or the weapon manufacturers?
- the oil-empires makes a buck, no matter what.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMagus

John Kerry reveals he and obama are openly pimps now?
and our children are openly for sale?
ROFL

Wars for sale - Sponsored by The Carlyle Group

Big War with coke - 1 huge war with a ½K coke
Happy War - Drugs only (CIA Special)
McChickenhawk - Drone strikes (4, 6, 9 or 20 attacks)
Quarter Buster - MOABS / Bunker busters

You want "troops" with that?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

United Mercenaries of Amerika?

I think the headline is a bit out of context. He was responding to questions about funding. Kerry went on to say:

'There will be no boots on the ground,' he said Wednesday.

'The president has said that again and again. And there is nothing in this authorization that should contemplate it. And, we reiterate, no boots on the ground.'
www.dailymail.co.uk... html#ixzz2e15qc2jb

No boots on the ground is exactly why McCain pulled his support, so Kerry's statement has merit. That kind of kills the 'full scale war for hire' thing, no?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Cost of 60 day air campaign $150 billion
Remuneration paid by Arab nations $1.2 trillion dollars
Money put into the US infrastructure $0
Money given to the US people $0
Money used to help the economy $0
Money used to pay the debt $0
Money paid to widows of lost serviceman $1 million

I can see why the US is pushing so hard for this transact... err mission!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I'm not sure where you're pulling those numbers but...

Congress hasn't voted. All the polls indicate that this plan won't survive a vote. You're putting the cart before the horse, no?

ThinkProgress found only 46 out of a possible 289 House members said they would definitely or most likely vote in favor of military action, while 169 said they would not or most likely wouldn’t vote in favor of such a resolution.

Seventy-four lawmakers claim to be undecided.

In CNN’s whip count, 91 House members stand against any authorization while 27 support military intervention.

In both whip counts, it was clear that GOP members far outnumber their Democratic counterparts in coming out against military action.
www.newsmax.com...
edit on 5-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It's disgusting that Arabs will pay for a war but they won't die in it. I can't understand people like that. They have no values or moral compass.

If America is smart she will let the Arab nations do their own wet work.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by suz62

Imagine, muslims. islamic countries, islam.. god is love.
Now for reality, how many have died during the last thirthy years, how are people treated, especially women and those who believe otherwise.
There is no moral, only a book that says, kill and behead those that don't submit to allah

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by suz62

If America is smart

With people currently in charge...it almost becomes an oxymoron.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

and this link appears to be the reason why those nations (Qatar, Saudi Arabua... maybe UAE) are willing to pay for regime change

theeconomiccollapseblog.com...
title: Is The United States Going To Go To War With Syria Over A Natural Gas Pipeline?
By Michael Snyder, on September 3rd, 2013

also this one: www.newswithviews.com...
AMERICA, SYRIA, AND RUSSIA: OPENING THE GATES OF HELL

By Paul McGuire
September 2, 2013
NewsWithViews.com

all this will be buried in war rhetoric & lamenting the children gassed last 21 August...
while the missile strikes kill even more thousands of innocents and infants just to show disapproval of the Syrian regime having sarin gas in their arsenal at all.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I saw a thread about this yesterday on ATS, and said it was probably Saudi Arabia. I was pretty tickled when I was watching MSM, and they actually reported this and said it was indeed Saudia Arabia. I was more amazed that they were talking about it, than being right.

Interesting, and horrible, news...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The UK is the world bank and the USA is the world muscle.

Never thought it would be so blatant though.

edit on 5-9-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If the Saudis were to pay for the war then they would want to call the shots after. Make sure they get something set up like they want it.

They should just buy all sorts of weapons for the SFA and forget about it.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

its called a sense of humor, yeh?

point I was making is that the US corporate elite will be the only ones seeing any money if indeed the government is stupid enough to take out Assad for $.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

He also revealed to the American Public that he is a couple of Cans short of a 6 Pack..............

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-9-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I think I must be the only person who doesn't see anything wrong with this. I do love the way some of you guys have taken the quotation entirely out of context with one or two people suggesting that America is 'selling wars' because it makes no sense whatsoever. When, economically, times are hard and you have the backing of the Arab league who are an extremely rich set of countries it makes perfect political and business sense to accept any monetary offers. Those tens of millions of pounds America may be saving could go towards financial projects at home or boosting the economy.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Of course the Saudis want to pay the U.S. to take out Assad. They will then help to usher in an Islamic modeled Sharia government, where religion is law. This is the same country that was home to many 9/11 Hijackers. These "rebels" are associated with terrorist groups that would sooner behead an American soldier, than to help one install a safe responsible democratic government.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

I absolutely love, love that post, you summarized greatly what our nation has become to the pimps warmongers, no only domestic for foreigners.

Now people understand why for years I have call our politicians nothing but whores.

new topics

top topics

join