It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama states he DID NOT set a Red Line for Syria...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
POTUS Obama is trying to backpedal even further and telling us all, on a global scale, he DID NOT draw a line in the sand with Syria and the use of Chemical Weapons. Really? Then what was the last few weeks about then, calling Congress and saying you had drawn a line. This guy is a piece of work. He is trying to blame ANYONE he can and find and out and he will not get it this time.

"First of all, I didn't set a red line," said Obama. "The world set a red line. The world set a red line when governments representing 98 percent of the world's population said the use of chemical weapons are [inaudble] and passed a treaty forbidding their use, even when countries are engaged in war. Congress set a red line when it ratified that treaty. Congress set a red line when it indicated that in a piece of legislation entitled the Syria Accountability Act that some of the horrendous things happening on the ground there need to be answered for. So, when I said in a press conference that my calculus about what's happening in Syria would be altered by the use of chemical weapons, which the overwhelming consensus of humanity says is wrong, that wasn't something I just kind of made up. I didn't pluck it out of thin air. There's a reason for it."

Now, I am pretty sure that I and the rest of the world heard this...

He states that he was very clear to the regime and others in play that the Red line is not only the use but simply the movement which would mean we would move in to prevent. A year ago he stated there will be enormous consequence.

Who does this guy think he is and how dumb does he think the world is. We are a laughing stock to the world on this stance and red line. You cannot do a political Flip Flop like this MR POTUS when it comes to war.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

"We have been very clear to the Assad regime, but also to other players on the ground, that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized. That would change my calculus,"

Maybe the criteria of "whole bunch" hasnt been met yet?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
You can claim this and that about line drawing.

Chemical weapons are really bad and not allowed.

Why does everyone still even have these weapons then?!?!?!?
Should that not be the main point of all this!!!?????!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

This is true but that is part of my point. He said if he saw movement and deployment there would be cause for action. Dead innocents including children too me qualifies 'as a whole bunch'.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
hrmmm....

This could be relevant.

s3.amazonaws.com...

edit on 4-9-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by matafuchs
POTUS Obama is trying to backpedal even further and telling us all, on a global scale, he DID NOT draw a line in the sand with Syria and the use of Chemical Weapons. Really? Then what was the last few weeks about then, calling Congress and saying you had drawn a line. This guy is a piece of work. He is trying to blame ANYONE he can and find and out and he will not get it this time.

"First of all, I didn't set a red line," said Obama. "The world set a red line. The world set a red line when governments representing 98 percent of the world's population said the use of chemical weapons are [inaudble] and passed a treaty forbidding their use, even when countries are engaged in war. Congress set a red line when it ratified that treaty. Congress set a red line when it indicated that in a piece of legislation entitled the Syria Accountability Act that some of the horrendous things happening on the ground there need to be answered for. So, when I said in a press conference that my calculus about what's happening in Syria would be altered by the use of chemical weapons, which the overwhelming consensus of humanity says is wrong, that wasn't something I just kind of made up. I didn't pluck it out of thin air. There's a reason for it."

Now, I am pretty sure that I and the rest of the world heard this...

He states that he was very clear to the regime and others in play that the Red line is not only the use but simply the movement which would mean we would move in to prevent. A year ago he stated there will be enormous consequence.

Who does this guy think he is and how dumb does he think the world is. We are a laughing stock to the world on this stance and red line. You cannot do a political Flip Flop like this MR POTUS when it comes to war.

I wonder what kind of syrup he takes on his "waffle". It appears Obama is completely flummoxed as the current puppet of the CFR.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This president makes his supporters work! It will be fun to watch all of them who claimed the red line was crossed, and they support a war to support Obama; now say that no line was proposed in the first place.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

Say whaaaaaaaa?

Quick, someone is using a memory erase ray on the president. We must declare war with all haste!

That is all.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by matafuchs
Who does this guy think he is and how dumb does he think the world is.

He thinks he's 'da man' and he thinks we are all idiots.

We are a laughing stock to the world on this stance and red line.

Agreed.

link   
From one of my favorite movies...

Gentlemen, congratulations. You're everything we've come to expect from years of government training. Now please step this way, as we provide you with our final test: an eye exam...

The sad part is that people, many people, will buy this. It will in the end by made to look like the GOP stated it and when support was needed Congress was not there. This guy would not own up to his own farts if he could blame it on anyone else in the room.

Problem is that it makes America look weak. He has done this since he was in office. Remember the apology tour or did the red light get everyone on that one also? Apologizing for America and telling Islam there would be better relations. Telling Putin before the election things will be different after? How did we becoming the laughing stock of the world in less than 6 years?

link   

Kind of odd how many of our politicians get into high offices and begin to develope dementia.
This is about the same thing that happened to Nixon and then Reagan.
They "allow" stuff to be done, or they run off at the mouth, but suddenly they know nothing about what was done or said.

I guess that goes along with the job... you know "the pressures of office".

Maybe we should start keeping a better watch on these people and take them out of office before it happens to all of them,.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The world set a red line

Well, if that's the way he wants to play it, then the WORLD (not the US) can be the ones who punish them for doing so. Hmm?

Seems simple enough. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Of course, he's lying because he did indeed set that red line. He must be having some kind of memory lapse. So, why is the press not calling him on this?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He thinks he's 'da man' and he thinks we are all idiots.

It has been working for him so far.
No wonder he thinks we are all idiots and there is not a damn thing we can do about it.

Might as well keep on lying and muddying the waters.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Mr. Obama, just say you have had a change of heart and don't believe air strikes are the best way to solve this or at least something else should be tried first.

The only way to be the one who didn't start the war is to not start it. It's not that difficult to figure that out.
edit on 9/4/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

So, why is the press not calling him on this?

They seldom call him on anything hard to believe aint it?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stormdancer777

Well, before the gas attacks, even the press was poo-pooing the idea of attacking Syria. Now, all of a sudden, it's the best idea they ever heard? What the hell?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Dude.. he is NOT back pedaling he is stating he is still going. Obama was never, for one second, not going to Syria.

I don't think we are a laughing stock. I think people are atatting to feel sympathy. The world knows we have lost control. Anyone laughing at the US is foolish when they should be afraid. We are streamlining the world war process.
edit on 4-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

This is my, "Oh no you di-int" Face.

. . . . And in other news, The Obama Administration released a statement stating that the past 5 years have been a Shadow Bush Presidency and that he has had nothing to do with the economy, foreign policy, unemployment and the fact of the matter is, Obama is still a junior state senator from Illinois and writes children's books in his spare time.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

He is backpedalling on responsibility for his actions. That is what this is. He knows where this is going to end up and he is trying to say he never made the threat. Then, when it is all over, he can blame someone else like he has always done. MIchelle put his balls in a jar in 92 and they have stayed there ever since, if he actually ever had any.

edit on 4-9-2013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

... no he is not trying to say he never made the threat. Its just clever speech making. I despise Obama, but I'm realistic. He is not saying he didbt make it, but that the world really set the redline. Why would he backpedal unless he was trying to get out of attacking? This isn't him trying to spread the blame its just speech flair. Him spreading the blame was him going to congress.

I dont disagree he is teying to spread blame, but he isn't saying he didn't say the remark, he isn't trying to change the meaning or backpedal. This is really just anotger promise to go to Syria.

All this is is another red libe remark, and grandios. The opposite of back pedaling. I WISH he back pedaled and didn't plan to go to Syria. Trust me I dislike Obama as much or more than any other self respecting libertarian, but you misinterpretted the meaning here.
edit on 4-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join