It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Borders are they coming back ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by Akragon
I see a lot of boarders in this thread...

coincidence?

Exactly!

I'll be the first to admit that I'll be a little butt hurt if/when it goes away. I'm sick of today's culture where either everyone gets a trophy or nobody does.

Sorry but... the hell with everybody...

Im nothing special here but I've paid my dues in dealing with trolls and goblins and the like... Posting my feelings... defended my postions... and the day I got my boarder was... well a very happy day

I danced... literally

I wouldn't leave ATS if they lost it... but I wouldn't be a happy camper...

I love this site, its my extended family... but maaaaaaaaaaaaan...

Im proud of my silver lining... And I think a few more would be nice as I've stated previously...

Like cody said... it gives people something to shoot for... and its incentive to stay for some

edit on 1-9-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Maybe I screwed something up(wouldn't be the first time) but I'm still seeing the boarders.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I couldn’t agree more.

I know it’s cool to say that borders don’t mean anything. That’s just like in the military when people said medals don’t mean anything. Funny thing is they could never keep enough shadow boxes (for displaying medals) in stock. How can that be if supposedly nobody cared!

Like I said, I don’t think it’s too much to ask to keep the borders. It sucks for people like the OP who was probably a week away from silver; it sucks for people like you who worked hard to get and keep silver and are now close to gold; it sucks for people like me who worked to get into the top 50. Even I still had goals and things I was working towards. Oh well….I guess I could always just go back to lurking.

edit on 1-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Maybe I screwed something up(wouldn't be the first time) but I'm still seeing the boarders.

Not on the new version.

You must be logged into the old version now like me.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Besides, with all that glitter, they make better targets.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

You? Screw something up? Never!

But, yeah, I still see boarders too. They never leave!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I like being a target!

Hey, some people care and others don’t.

I care…others here care, too.

Maybe they should take away the Super Moderator/Moderator tabs and subject matter expert badges, too. We wouldn’t want anyone to be different. While we’re at it, avatars should be removed, too. Some avatars are really lame. It’s not fair for those people with lame avatars to look stupid while others have nice avatars.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by masqua

I like being a target!

That is your prerogative. By the same token, I also have a choice and opposite opinion.

Hey, some people care and others don’t.

I'd say a majority likes them and that's why the glitter is here for them.

Maybe they should take away the Super Moderator/Moderator tabs and subject matter expert badges, too. We wouldn’t want anyone to be different. While we’re at it, avatars should be removed, too. Some avatars are really lame. It’s not fair for those people with lame avatars to look stupid while others have nice avatars.

There's plenty of members who would like to see the Super/Moderator tags gone. Maybe that'd be a good idea, even if there still was a mod staff working away. Call them 'stealth staff'.

Avatars: I've had a pile of them over the years, but the one I have now is the one I'm going to use from now on. I painted it and it's going to live longer than me unless the painting it is in gets destroyed. If avatars disappeared completely and all that would be shown is a username in some future version of ATS, I'd still be me. Just not dressed up in finery.

I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy. Everything else is just make-up, imho.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

masqua
I also have a choice and opposite opinion.

You already have a giant target illuminator lit up on your back.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Well, I think it’s a big mistake. I’m disappointed in this decision. I will say that I’m no longer inclined to author threads.

Though the most current ‘new’ version of ATS does look and function nicely, the lack of borders is not cool. I might have to take my toys and exit the sand box in protest!!! At least until the butt-hurt feeling goes away.

Who knows…maybe this is the push I needed to find something more productive to do with my spare time.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Who's saying there won't be borders in AST5.3?

Not me... I'm only saying I don't care if there weren't. It's an opinion of one and hardly the final say on anything. Maybe it's not common knowledge, but all I really am is a member who volunteered to help moderate after being asked to do so.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yeah... and it glows in the dark!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Something will replace it.

As we have seen, and as you seem to know, the psychology of the reward system is powerful. And it helps ATS achieve its goals: quality content.

Itll just take a bit to get it implemented. Last changever took a couple of months as he rolled out the program, then tinkered with it to quell another uprising from folks who didn't like it.

At one point, your friends post had a green border on it (and at one time a green color over the whole post window), and the foe was red. That went away as people whiined about it.

It will change a lot over the next several weeks, and equilibrium is found.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Maybe it's just me

But effort should be rewarded Imho

What about guys like JiggerJ ? Just got his shiny new jacket and............... whoosh all that effort out the window

Just my £0.02

Cody

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Who's saying there won't be borders in AST5.3?
Skeptic Overlord, apparently. I’m not going to dig around to find the post.

When you log in to the new version there are no borders and ToTheTenth said there will be none.

Not me... I'm only saying I don't care if there weren't. It's an opinion of one and hardly the final say on anything. Maybe it's not common knowledge, but all I really am is a member who volunteered to help moderate after being asked to do so.
I hear ya!

At least next week you'll still have your trinkets.

I’m just butt hurt right now. Allow me to cry about it for a bit.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Not everyone has access to nightvision/IR gear. We had to make it easy for those less fortunate to see.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

seabag
Skeptic Overlord, apparently. I’m not going to dig around to find the post.

We won't have borders, but we will have something else that will differentiate is, I believe, what he said.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

How about a nice tune that plays whenever certain members post?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Hey, works for me. Do I get to choose my soundtrack?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I must admit that there are times when I would like to "retire" beezzer and all the finery and rejoin as just a simple poster.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join