It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a TRUE world peacemaker…and it aint America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Rather than doing anything in its power to bring peace to the Middle East, America has done the opposite…fostered wars, started wars, favored Israeli apartheid system and refuses to goad Israel to make peace, supported dictators and then turn around and upend the same dictators it supported (thereby sending colossal mixed messages and instability), overthrown governments as in Iran, destroyed Iraq and brought the people there untold suffering.

Is this the work of a peacemaker?

Look at this present Syrian crisis. Does this country do all it can to foster peace talks between the warring factions? NO!

It claims it wants to help the civilians there. Then TRY TO MEDIATE A PEACE, not do what its doing now thereby extending the war where the same civilians it claims to want to help will only suffer more.

Even though it is far from certain that the Syria regime actually are guilty in this unfortunate gas attack on innocent civilians the Neo-con, globalist cruise missile liberals are egging on Obama to quickly have a fait-accompli, without sure proof that the Assad regime is guilty of the chemical attack, and shoot off cruse missiles in Syria.

Is that the actions of a peacemaker?

No America is a run of the mill selfish ethnocentric power.
In a sense almost worst than the NAZIS because of its hypocrisy in pretending to be so
Much better than everyone else and a seeker of peace and democracy.

Were they seeking peace, freedom and democracy when they overthrew Moseddegh of Iran and stole that countries attempt at democracy by installing the Shah of Iran? www.history.com... or the CIA instigated murder and overthrow of Allende in Chile, or when MI6 murdered the first African democratically elected Prime Minister in the Congo Patrice Lummumba.
www.presstv.com...

America being a world leader and peacemaker? Nothing is further from the truth, for NATO and the west one could call, SLOW NAZIS. Where their secret and surreptitious operations equal in the final analyses just what the NAZIS tried to do, only in an underhanded way where they can deceive the vast majority of the world with their rhetoric as being seekers of peace and justice.

This world needs a country that will actually take the lead in the world and be an example of a true democracy and a true international seeker of peace and justice for all.
Presently there is a pretender to that job. That pretender is America.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell
This world needs a country that will actually take the lead in the world and be an example of a true democracy and a true international seeker of peace and justice for all.

There is no country on earth that fits that description. And no ... no country needs to take the lead. Each country needs to take care of it's own issues and fix it's own problems. As for the rest of the post .. it just sounds like a typical bash America thread. So I have no comment.

ETA .. you quoted Press TV. They are notoriously ridiculous. Just sayin' you might want to provide backup information if you are going to put forward Press TV as a new source.
edit on 8/29/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Free Julian Assange, let him be a world leader.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well if you take a look at the amount of deaths do to warfare before the US became the sole superpower and then after just on a yearly average you would find that a more peaceful time in human history you could not find. However lets not let little things like facts and history stop your ranting.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If not America who?
I don't see China in all their new found wealth
taking the lead or feeding the world.

I don't see Russia with all their might
(and Chinese money) putting out the worlds fires.

Nope it's all crickets.

Speaking of fires, America for all it's faults occasionally has to start
a fire to put out a bigger one on the way.
So who will give America a much needed break as worlds Super Hero?
We Americans are quite open to suggestions.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Look at this present Syrian crisis. Does this country do all it can to foster peace talks between the warring factions? NO!

It claims it wants to help the civilians there. Then TRY TO MEDIATE A PEACE, not do what its doing now thereby extending the war where the same civilians it claims to want to help will only suffer more.

You haven't studied the Middle East much have you?

Maybe you should start with the ongoing warring between the Sunnis and Shiites that have been going on for hundreds of years.

en.wikipedia.org...

In the meanwhile, let me help you catch up on why no one is serious about mediating peace.

"The many promises of Bashar al-Assad" (April 2012)

www.globalpost.com...

"Assad's Broken Promises" (November 2011)

www.cfr.org...

"Assad's Broken Promises of Reform Amp Calls for Tougher Sanctions on Syria" (May 2011)

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 29-8-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The United States is a Republic, not a pure democracy. Facts not rants...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Although I am somewhat biased, I think Canada should be considered for such a role.
After all, we have made a rocky peace with the French and First(?) Nations.
We embrace all religions, offering immigrants all sorts of leeway ( at the expense of course, our own traditions )
Hey, why not?
Canadians are the best concession making apologists in the world!
Sorry for the truth.
See what I mean?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
You are correct about one thing...

There is a pretender.

But it certainly is NOT America.

The pretenders are those in CONTROL of America.

Our problems go FAR beyond government.

Most on ATS can't handle that kind of truth and choose instead to bury their head in the sand...

People have been too badly conditioned by all of the elite mind control.

They hear everyone say that the Illuminati is fiction and they are sucked in...

Even here on ATS very few know the difference between reality and propaganda.

One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet. The Synagogue of Satan

The only TRUE world peacemaker is Jesus.

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. ~ Isaiah 9:6

edit on 29-8-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

This world needs a country that will actually take the lead in the world and be an example of a true democracy and a true international seeker of peace and justice for all. Presently there is a pretender to that job. That pretender is America.

I don't think the rest of the world ever looked at the US, and thought "peacemakers" :shk:

TPTB don't want peace. It seems they have plans to stir up lots of trouble in the middle east, and supposedly be around to pick up the broken pieces......

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hate to say this but as long as man roams the earth there will be war, unless we are struggling against the elements or fighting to survive, we will fight amongst ourselves, it's just the way it is...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well you have options china, and russia.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

We are a human specious of nations that doesn’t mean we are individual nations strickly were we aren’t related to each other

We are all on the same planet man, don’t you understand that.

What one nation does can affect the whole?
That’s just common sense.

Leadership is a principle of human relationships. It doesnt have to be dictated but done by example.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The ability for America to fill in as a hegemony in world politics has largely led to one of the most peaceful eras in recorded history. That said there is never going to be "world peace." The human social structure we have evolved with will not allow it.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Who said anything about a pure democracy, that’s in your brain.

I speak of humanity, decency, and goodness of intention and a moral exemplar for the world.

What you call rant is only are reminders of the sins of America

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I know more about the Mideast people and their culture than wikipedia scholarship since I GREW UP WITH IT TO A GREAT DEGREE.

I merely speak of America always claiming to be so good and righteous but their deeds don’t align with their rhetoric,

Also, you put up no challenge to the sins of America I mentioned, the assassinations, overthrowing other nation’s leaders, the horror of Iraq, their hypocrisy, etc…

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cypress

Most Peaceful era’s in recorder history?

Bosnian genocide: America finally did something after thousands of Bosnians were genocided; they were too late in leading the world to stopping the killing.

Rwanda genocide: America sat by, Bill Clinton on Rwanda and did nothing as 1 million Africans were slaughtered.

Sudan genocide: Nothing was done until millions of Africans were murdered

Iraq, where almost a million civilians were killed due to the war and they are still dying.

Millions have died in the Congo

Wars and genocides all over the postmodern world.

You call this an era of peace?

edit on 29-8-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The America system is not perfect, also there are not that many countries that uphold principles of library and the pursuit of happiness like America. Just because we live in age were things can exported viva globalization, doesn't mean everything is for sale.

Personally I think the world needs to do a better job of solving it's own problems, because acting on emotion is not a good way to create order. Order is the key to peace, but not everyone will accept it.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm not putting my trust in a handful of people. We need to create a better world as a collective unit. What is best for humanity, not your religion, skin color, your class status, or anything else. What is best for all. The battles being fought are about greed. No ones cares for their neighbors domestically or abroad. We won't make it as a species unless we do so. We'll let greed take and take until there is nothing left. We cannot shoot for the stars. We cannot evolve. We cannot create. Sometimes I see a spark but it goes out just as quick.

I was checking out what our children were working on in a science fair competition that caught me by surprise. There are some smart minds here but will get squashed by greed. I want to believe we are great and can do anything we set our minds to. If you are not a genius, you still have a part to play. Your part is to open up a playing field where those who can change humanity for the better can do so. There is so much potential if only it had room to be expressed and nurtured. Everyone looks out for number one. I'm not eloquent enough to be taken serious but I can dream.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

I know more about the Mideast people and their culture than wikipedia scholarship since I GREW UP WITH IT TO A GREAT DEGREE.

If that were true, you would know that "mediation" in the Middle East is pointless. Heck, even if you aren't familiar with ancient or recent history (as it appears from your posts), just look at the last five years worth of attempts at mediation, whether it's Saddam's refusal of inspections, Iran's refusal of inspections or talks, Assad's broken promises and refusals for negotiation with his people, the endless and pointless negotiations between Israel and Palestine. There's a long history of deceit and refusal for negotiations there. If you knew much about the Middle East, you would know about the Muslim motto of "resistance" and why they consider it necessary, versus talking about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join