It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matrix loaded - brain to brain interface

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
No this is not about the Matrix movie...although...we never know it appears.

What was yesterday Sci-Fi becomes today reality. Almost.

So, these two guys from university of Washington...attempted to...let me quote that..." control colleague’s motions in 1st human brain-to-brain interface".

University of Washington researchers have performed what they believe is the first noninvasive human-to-human brain interface, with one researcher able to send a brain signal via the Internet to control the hand motions of a fellow researcher.

“The Internet was a way to connect computers, and now it can be a way to connect brains,” Stocco said. “We want to take the knowledge of a brain and transmit it directly from brain to brain.”

“It was both exciting and eerie to watch an imagined action from my brain get translated into actual action by another brain,” Rao said. “This was basically a one-way flow of information from my brain to his. The next step is having a more equitable two-way conversation directly between the two brains.”

Linky

Can't talk now...must learn Kung-Fu...

Seriously...this is big...implications of what can be developed from this tech...are...maybe even frightening.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Can you imagine a pulse of instructions coming into your brain from your computer on the day of an election - Go Vote For.........

I like the technology for improving the human physical condition, but leave my brain alone, unless I request it thank you. Doesn't fit too well, but what a huge development though, I wonder how it will end up being used. Governments could send messages down the net telling us all to love them.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
hrmm.... imagine you're a reporter working with a government leaker.
You're about to publish daming information that could send multiple high level officials to jail for life.
And you're driving home and all of a sudden you crash into a cement pole.

I think this tech is already in use.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

I am interested to see how this progresses. I have no interest in having my brain/body controlled. However, information sharing.....

In my life I have taken on some challenges that have been extraordinarily hard. For example, heading an accounting division with no accounting experience. The learning curve is slow in that type of work, and it is unbelievably hard to do. It would have been far, far easier to get information "uploaded" that could have at least given me a head start on the learning process.

This could be a huge breakthrough in education and knowledge sharing.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Do you people already know about this? (yes I said you people)

www.digitaltrends.com...

I wonder though how much my brain can still learn and if I would learn something new if something would be removed.

If it becomes reality I'm unlikely going to try it, because it could have side effects. My brain is messed up already.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Let's tone down the paranoia

This is kinda awesome...you begin interfacing brains and machines and you explore a vast realm of digital illusions becoming realities...Imagine just how insane a VR ATS Bar would look. Some big ass Illuminati Temple? an Alien Disco? a low key shack in the wilderness?

Would it a refuge against a world strewn with nightmares and lies or a haven for them?
what would your avatar look like? or should we agree to call them daemons?
I like daemons, it is sinister and sounds sexier.

edit on 28-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I think this tech is already in use.

LOL

You might be right on that one...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Indeed. Information sharing is the primary benefit that I can see...also..perhaps some benefit for the disabled people...

However, one might question, where do we go from there...if the education can be uploaded into one's brain...it would re write the system. Imagine, what use would be the entire educational system...why go to college even ?

I know...it's along way to go from where this experiment is now...I'm just wondering about the implications. Also, doesn't take a brainiac to see how this could be used for "evil" purposes...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ForbiddenDesire

thanks for the link...I just love this...everyday I'm reminded...that...what men can dream up, men can accomplish. SC-FI scenarios becoming reality.

What a grand species we are...limit is only our imagination.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

However, one might question, where do we go from there...if the education can be uploaded into one's brain...it would re write the system. Imagine, what use would be the entire educational system...why go to college even ?

I would like the abolishment of college, especially college. That's entirely personal because it doesn't work that well with me. I spend much of my time reading into scientific books and I keep track of all sorts of scientific sites but I have yet to finish a college education. I did finish high school but by basically doing nothing. (Some people say that the level I did is demanding, well how come I did 80 percent nothing?)

I like Kaku's opinion. We need to memorize a lot instead of understanding it:

www.youtube.com...

I had almost made a rant of how I hate eduction with a passion but I will keep that for my series of rants (millions of them!) I will bother the ATS people with.
edit on 29-8-2013 by ForbiddenDesire because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2013 by ForbiddenDesire because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join