It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dawn of War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The Dawn of (another) great War is upon us.

Four Arleigh Burke-class destroyers -- and probably a nuclear-powered cruise missile submarine -- are already within Tomahawk cruise missile range of Syrian targets. In addition, the United States can call upon strategic bombers based in the continental United States as well as B-1 bombers from Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar.

In such an operation, the United States would be able to carry out standoff attacks beyond the range of Syrian air defenses, while B-2 bombers could stealthily penetrate the Syrian air defense network to drop bunker-busting bombs with minimal risk.

This is the ugly face of another great war, within a timespan of 10 years.

We now seem to be run by people who are sheer warcrazy "securocrats". Freedom and liberty are now only hollow words that mean no more than the political freedom of the United States from control by outside powers. 

We bipeds who inhabit their castle are composed only of the caught and the uncaught. If the Securocrats know everything that you ever publicly said, they have any one of us, whenever we have become too much of an irritant to their operations.

The human condition it seems, is by our own deluded minds viewed best as one of suffering.

Why else would we accept these hell whores as our leaders, SOB´s , who try their best to send us straight to their own final destination with these endless wars and constant surveillance over those who dare protest against such a fate?

We live in an insane world. I call it the “post-reason era.” At any given time, the greater part of sentients are ready to plunge deeper into the abyss of their own ignorance.

Upon the battlefield of fear, hate and ignorance, all blood looks the same.

John Carter

edit on 28-8-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Assad's oppression drove people to the streets demanding change, his regime responded brutally.

The acts committed led directly to this day.

If only there were no world powers to interfere,
devoid of modern communications,
nobody would have known to care nor the capacity to react.

Then the utopian world absent of war could exist,
allowing human blood to flow in the streets unchallenged.

This defenseless warless utopia would eventually include every street, even your street, where only the most brutal rule.

Absence of war is the tyrant's playground.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

You´ve just proven my point. Humanity cannot see beyond a world of war and suffering. Hence we accept our fate, produce logical explanations on the necessity of armsracing (not trust your neighbour mentality) and condition future generations as to repeat the mistakes and ignorance of the old ones.

You might think the technological marvel our generation is experiencing now, would prevent war. But as long as people come up with your type of explanation it tells me following; we might have left the caves of the stone age behind us, but we certainly brought with us the club and improved it a million times over .

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Yes and we are not the only ones with the arms. We are about to see some bloody conflicts. Not good for anybody participating. Wars today may only last hours but millions of people could be lost. Innocent people included.
edit on 28-8-2013 by DarkAngel8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Seems like a good thread for a "Syria summation."

War sucks. Pointless wars suck that much more. In Syria we have Assad, a bad guy, and on the other side we have a mixture of rebel/Al Quieda/Muslim Brotherhood whatever.

The only real innocents in all this are the refugees flooding the countryside and Turkey.

Securocrats, I like that term.

What are Obama's foreign policy goals, though? What is the purpose of this war? Is it chemical weapons? Is that the only reason why we are going in? I mean, do we involve ourselves based on the type of weapon used in a civil war?

I find myself in a unique position that I am against this war. From a personal history of supporting/involving myself in the past "conflicts", it is a new perspective for me.

I'm tired of war. Of sabre rattling. The western nations are looking at a slow collapse internally due to economic failures on the part of our elected representatives. Yet we now trust these same idiots to lead us into another conflict with another country over another issue?

Honestly? I'm looking for a deep, dark hole to burrow in, because it's going to get ugly.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

What are Obama's foreign policy goals, though? What is the purpose of this war?

edit on 28-8-2013 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
and the beat goes on da da dum da da dee!!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

this is the reason!
www.youtube.com...

the Caspian sea holds vast amounts of gas resources
edit on 28-8-2013 by CONEDESTROYA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

The events leading up to this point have unfolded pretty much as a lot of us speculated. Military assets have been moved into position, politicians condemning the Syrian regime, the western populations have been thoroughly lambasted with propaganda.

Yup, everything seems about ready to kick-off. My thoughts are with the civilians and the servicemen who will be involved with this.

Its so tiring examining and criticizing the same old rhetoric. They have barely invented anything new to justify these attacks.

So with that, I present you The Fun Fact of the Day

Did you know that one of the earliest, if not the first recorded instance of modern glass was discovered in Norther Syria, or ancient Mesopotamia around 2000BCE?? And, Europe would not see a similar invention until a few thousand years later! Interesting eh!

One of the cradles of modern civilization now may be on the chopping block.

edit on 28-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by TinfoilTP

You´ve just proven my point. Humanity cannot see beyond a world of war and suffering. Hence we accept our fate, produce logical explanations on the necessity of armsracing (not trust your neighbour mentality) and condition future generations as to repeat the mistakes and ignorance of the old ones.

You might think the technological marvel our generation is experiencing now, would prevent war. But as long as people come up with your type of explanation it tells me following; we might have left the caves of the stone age behind us, but we certainly brought with us the club and improved it a million times over .

Humanity cannot see beyond a few days of recent history.
Assad's tyrannical regime caused all of this, at every step of the way.
Give tyrants precedence to use chemical weapons and who do they turn it on? The masses of the people who they fear will uprise to depose them, constantly fearing it, they have true historical evidence to look at to justify their fear. Chemical weapons are the perfect weapon for tyrants, the only thing holding them back from using them is their other great fear, that free nations with armies will conquer and depose them.

Your proposal here is simple.
Remove the Free nations ability to war.
Allow tyrants to possess and use chemical weapons.
Catering to every fear a tyrant has.
Nice job, very Utopian of you.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Man talk about hyperbole. A few airstrikes in a bloody civil war that has gone on for years is not exactly the Dawn of War, more like a drop in the bucket.

new topics

top topics

join